Human / Religious origins

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17295
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by averagejoe »

maryjane48 wrote:lmao you serious joe ? you dnt think humans are more than 7000 years old ? wow im stunned i guess the 3 million year old lucy is what ? made of plastic ?


So where are the large settlements of these people you talk about?

Your history must fit into the secular history being taught in the school system.....coming out of Africa is only a myth. Not fact.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17295
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by averagejoe »

The first people to settle in Scandinavia were the Scythian (Greek name for Germanic tribes meaning barbarian) tribe from the Ukraine area call Asir and Van around 300 AD.....
Last edited by averagejoe on May 23rd, 2016, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Farmmaa »

averagejoe wrote:
Back it up.....12,000 years is a lot of time to produce a population....

North America has how many people since 1492....just say Canada 35,000,000, U.S. 335,000,000 and Mexico 122,000,000todays population is around total....just under 5000,000,000

That's just 500 years.

Proof please.....


Proof ? Have you ever heard of the studies of the history of mankind ?

Do you honestly believe that Eastern Europe is where human civilization began ???
Oh, right...Babylon.

Let's also remember, shall we, that ancient humans did not live the same lives we do now. The death rate was huge...they died at a younger age, they often died at birth, or giving birth, they had no access to health care, no medicine to fight disease, they were regularly eaten by wild animals and attacked by neighboring tribes.
I hope you are not seriously comparing population growth now to 12,000 years ago.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17295
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Christianity

Post by averagejoe »

Farmmaa wrote:I hope you are not seriously comparing population growth now to 12,000 years ago.


Yes I am...you have 12,000 years of populating the earth. Let alone Europe!

Please show me.....500 years to get to 500,000,000 between Canada, U.S. and Mexico.

That's about say 1,000,000 per year if you divide 500 into 500,000,00

So that would workout to 12,000,000,000,000 people if we just took North America.....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by Farmmaa »

Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: Christianity

Post by Farmmaa »

averagejoe wrote:
Yes I am...you have 12,000 years of populating the earth. Let alone Europe!

Please show me.....500 years to get to 500,000,000 between Canada, U.S. and Mexico.

That's about say 1,000,000 per year if you divide 500 into 500,000,00

So that would workout to 12,000,000,000,000 people if we just took North America.....


Which might make sense if one was talking about today's culture...but we're not.
Factor in the differences between now and then before you bother spouting off any more ridiculous numbers.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17295
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by averagejoe »

Farmmaa wrote:http://morgana249.blogspot.ca/2014/07/3-civilizations-that-make-historians.html
http://www.saylor.org/site/wp-content/u ... FINAL1.pdf

http://mirrorh.com/timeline2.html
http://history-world.org/agriculture.htm

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-oldes ... n-on-Earth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe

The notion that humans just suddenly popped up and formed large civilizations 7,000 years ago is quite ...amusing.


Funny! You just proved my point....they all point to Mesopotamia!

Thanks!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by Farmmaa »

averagejoe wrote:
Funny! You just proved my point....they all point to Mesopotamia!

Thanks!


Your 'point' was that no civilizations existed before 7,000 years ago.
Your point was incorrect.
User avatar
cliffy1
Übergod
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by cliffy1 »

How old is Indian civilization?
The Egyptian culture dates back to 3000 BC. The Mesopotamian dates back to 5000 BC all other cultures Greeks,Romans cannot date back more than 1000 BC. The Trojan War(if it had occurred) dates back to 1200BC.

The Hindu Scriptures dates back the Indian Civilization to 10,000s of years. Archaeological evidences(lost city of Dwarka) suggests cities were seen in the Indian subcontinent in 10,000 BC itself.

Most of the things we know are Western,influenced by the Roman civilization which was concentrated in the Mediterranean. Christianization of the Romans,could it be the reason for calling the Mesopotamia as the cradle of civilization? The real cradle of civilization is the Indian Civilization?

https://www.quora.com/How-old-is-Indian-civilization

China is an East Asian country with a large territory, a huge population and an ancient history. With written records dating back 4,000 years, it is recognized as one of the four great ancient civilizations of the world, together with ancient Egypt, Babylon and India. Moreover, it is the only ancient civilization that has continued to this very day.

China was one of the cradles of the human race. The Chinese nation is not only the most populous but also one of the oldest in the world. Fossils that have been found in Chinese territory include those of Yuanmou Man, the first *bleep* erectus, who lived 1.7 million years ago, those of Lantian Man, who lived 750,000 years ago, and those of the Peking Man, who lived at Zhoukoudian in today's suburban Beijing 600,000 years ago. The fossils of Shu Ape, a primate that lived 45 million years ago, which is known as the "first anthropoid", were discovered in China in 1994.
[url]
http://www.china.org.cn/e-gudai/index-1.htm[/url]
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by Farmmaa »

*bleep* Sapiens...NOT 7,000 years old.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_4.htm
User avatar
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2956
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by Hmmm »

Farmmaa wrote:*bleep* Sapiens...NOT 7,000 years old.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_4.htm

You do realize that every example in this link has already been proven as not missing links don't you? I guess when you really want to believe something, you will. Same as religion I know, but at least many religious people admit that, while the so called science people, accept as absolute fact loosely held together hopes that what they found, or someone has found, is the missing links everyone is still waiting for. I should add, that at some point, there's the announcement on how that so called proof wasn't really proof after all. But wait, there's a new discovery, and everyone cheers, once again, this is it! And that's a fact.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
User avatar
cliffy1
Übergod
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:You do realize that every example in this link has already been proven as not missing links don't you? I guess when you really want to believe something, you will. Same as religion I know, but at least many religious people admit that, while the so called science people, accept as absolute fact loosely held together hopes that what they found, or someone has found, is the missing links everyone is still waiting for. I should add, that at some point, there's the announcement on how that so called proof wasn't really proof after all. But wait, there's a new discovery, and everyone cheers, once again, this is it! And that's a fact.

and you continue to ignore this: The Hindu Scriptures dates back the Indian Civilization to 10,000s of years. Archaeological evidences(lost city of Dwarka) suggests cities were seen in the Indian subcontinent in 10,000 BC itself.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by Farmmaa »

Hmmm wrote:You do realize that every example in this link has already been proven as not missing links don't you? I guess when you really want to believe something, you will. Same as religion I know, but at least many religious people admit that, while the so called science people, accept as absolute fact loosely held together hopes that what they found, or someone has found, is the missing links everyone is still waiting for. I should add, that at some point, there's the announcement on how that so called proof wasn't really proof after all. But wait, there's a new discovery, and everyone cheers, once again, this is it! And that's a fact.


You do realize that *bleep* Sapiens are NOT missing links, right ?
Try reading the entire article, not only the introduction where it speaks about our closest humanoid ancestors...but our actual ancestors...humans.

*bleep* Sapiens are 70,000 + years old....not 7,000.

It's astounding that someone can just completely disregard mountains of actual physical evidence because it doesn't mesh with their opinions.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by Farmmaa »

User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17124
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Human / Religious origins

Post by maryjane48 »

when did humans come to north america joe ? last week ? :) to answer your question i never claimed to know of big cites older than 7000 years . but what i did claim was humans outdate any bible by large margin .


besides comparing bible time to real time is apples and oranges . one happened and other was imagined .

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”