Islam's View on Homosexuality

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
Posts: 54937
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by ferri »

actually what is hilarious is that if a thread were started entitled Christians View on Homosexuality and someone brought up the Muslim view there would be more screaming than i could stand.

Get back on topic.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
User avatar
JollyGreenBully
Banned
Posts: 936
Joined: Apr 7th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by JollyGreenBully »

pepsilover wrote:<We as Muslims need to state unequivocally and unambiguously that homosexuality is a deviant behavior and that there is not even an iota of doubt that Islam condemns the behavior.



And this is different from how a lot of people in the West view homosexuality how exactly? How many gay people are on these threads? How many of them have been told in the last week that they're living a deviant lifestlye that isn't normal?

I've been told at least 3 times. I'm more worried about how people over here think of homosexuality.
pepsilover
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by pepsilover »

Gixxer wrote:So it's ok for a person of Christian faith to bash another religion on their view on homosexuality, but when someone points out that the Christian faith has hatred for homosexuality they get all sensitive and offended. Bhahah now thats hilarious


I have not bashed anything or anybody, I have posted a link - from an Islamic source - explaining how they view homosexuality. WIKISLAM to be exact. Did you know they have their very own wiki pages. Did you even notice the sourceÉ

This isn't a topic I would normally post on but considering we are at war with Islam and one of their terrorists killed 49 gays in a gay nightclub (because Islamic terrorists target groups such as gays AND Christians), it is timely. If you have a problem with how Islamics describe their own religion then what can I say, other than the problem is not a Christian bashing anything, the problem would seem to be your comprehension of what the linked article states.

If I gave a narrative about how it was a fairy tale and how deluded they were, that would be bashing, but I haven`t.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by pepsilover »

JollyGreenBully wrote:
And this is different from how a lot of people in the West view homosexuality how exactly? How many gay people are on these threads? How many of them have been told in the last week that they're living a deviant lifestlye that isn't normal?

I've been told at least 3 times. I'm more worried about how people over here think of homosexuality.


It`s different because they don`t go on mass shooting sprees and try to kill you for who you are, who you love, what you do. I am called names regularly, people need to develop a thicker skin because a knife blade will hurt a lot more than a name. This is the world we live in. As a Christian I know we are targeted by Islam, why don`t you recognize that as a gay you are also targeted by Islam.

There will be no special treatment by Islam, they believe we are all worthy of death, as un-believers or as a gay person. We are in this thing together you know. No better no worse.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 20th, 2016, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
User avatar
cliffy1
Übergod
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by cliffy1 »

Whatever happened to "love your neighbour' and "turn the other cheek"? Jesus said love everybody. He didn't say "except the Muslims". Love will conquer all. Blowing each other up over religious views will only cause more death and suffering.

Like the Mujaheddin, Al Quida, Saddam Hussein, the Shah of Iran and so many other despots and terrorists groups, their origins point straight back to the Pentagon. This is how divide and conquer works. You create an enemy and then you convince everybody that their lives are at risk and then you go to war. War is a racket. The Muslims have been demonized, just like the Germans, the Vietcong and the Japanese were. You are being lied to and being played for suckers so the rich can get richer over the dead bodies of your children. Wake up!
Last edited by cliffy1 on Jun 20th, 2016, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
User avatar
JollyGreenBully
Banned
Posts: 936
Joined: Apr 7th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by JollyGreenBully »

pepsilover wrote:It`s different because they don`t go on mass shooting sprees and try to kill you for who you are, who you love, what you do.


Since when? Not all shootings are linked to Islam. Not all homosexual murders are linked to Islam. Remember that gay guy killed in Vancouver years ago near a gay cruising spot? Did that murder have anything to do with Islam's views on homosexuality? Or was it about intolerance that is arguably just as bad in Western belief systems?
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by Farmmaa »

JollyGreenBully wrote:Since when? Not all shootings are linked to Islam. Not all homosexual murders are linked to Islam. Remember that gay guy killed in Vancouver years ago near a gay cruising spot? Did that murder have anything to do with Islam's views on homosexuality? Or was it about intolerance that is arguably just as bad in Western belief systems?


It also wasn't Islam that lit a US gay club on fire in 1973, trapping patrons inside to burn to death.

PS -
I am not at war...sorry.
Islam is not at war with Canada.
Al Queda, ISIS....they came to be out of the hatred of the American culture.
power ranger
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 21st, 2016, 5:30 am

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by power ranger »

pepsilover wrote:It`s different because they don`t go on mass shooting sprees and try to kill you for who you are, who you love, what you do. I am called names regularly, people need to develop a thicker skin because a knife blade will hurt a lot more than a name. This is the world we live in. As a Christian I know we are targeted by Islam, why don`t you recognize that as a gay you are also targeted by Islam.

There will be no special treatment by Islam, they believe we are all worthy of death, as un-believers or as a gay person. We are in this thing together you know. No better no worse.


this is a very risky sweeping generalization, re: "non-believers", it simply isn't true. there are many countries (like egypt) with respectable christian populations who are "allowed" (using the word within context here) to live and thrive.

Further evidence, 8 muslim countries who elected christian leaders -> http://tribune.com.pk/story/1102013/the ... adiq-khan/
User avatar
damager
Posts: 65
Joined: Jun 19th, 2016, 6:48 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by damager »

pepsilover wrote:It`s different because they don`t go on mass shooting sprees and try to kill you for who you are, who you love, what you do. I am called names regularly, people need to develop a thicker skin because a knife blade will hurt a lot more than a name. This is the world we live in. As a Christian I know we are targeted by Islam, why don`t you recognize that as a gay you are also targeted by Islam.

There will be no special treatment by Islam, they believe we are all worthy of death, as un-believers or as a gay person. We are in this thing together you know. No better no worse.

Your argument doesn't hold much water, lots of muslims share their existence peacefully with homosexuals and non-believers

Here is a list of significant attacks against the lgbt community

This one amused me the most
Ronald Gay entered a gay bar in Roanoke, Virginia on September 22, 2000, and opened fire on the patrons, killing Danny Overstreet, 43 years old, and severely injuring six others. Ronald said he was angry over what his name now meant, and deeply upset that three of his sons had changed their surname. He claimed that he had been told by God to find and kill lesbians and gay men, describing himself as a "Christian Soldier working for my Lord;" Gay testified in court that "he wished he could have killed more *bleep*," before several of the shooting victims as well as Danny Overstreet's family and friends.
User avatar
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10195
Joined: Aug 22nd, 2012, 7:13 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Muslims for Progressive Values – In 2007, Ani Zonneveld and Pamela Taylor started this US-based non-profit organization. From day one, the organization had maintained close links with the LGBT community, and had made a principle for the protection and inclusion of LGBT people in the Muslim community. In 2011, it appointed Imam Daayiee Abdullah as its Director for their “LGBTQ Outreach Program.” Today it has chapters in Australia, Canada, France, Malaysia, and South Africa.

http://islamandhomosexuality.com/organizations/
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
pepsilover
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by pepsilover »

cliffy1 wrote:Whatever happened to "love your neighbour' and "turn the other cheek"? Jesus said love everybody. He didn't say "except the Muslims". Love will conquer all. Blowing each other up over religious views will only cause more death and suffering.

Like the Mujaheddin, Al Quida, Saddam Hussein, the Shah of Iran and so many other despots and terrorists groups, their origins point straight back to the Pentagon. This is how divide and conquer works. You create an enemy and then you convince everybody that their lives are at risk and then you go to war. War is a racket. The Muslims have been demonized, just like the Germans, the Vietcong and the Japanese were. You are being lied to and being played for suckers so the rich can get richer over the dead bodies of your children. Wake up!


You say 'the muslims have been demonized' (is that why we have allowed over 25,000 of them into our country as refugees?) You go on to use the Germans (Nazis) as an example of demonized people, interesting and never seen somebody claim that one before. The German people supported Hitler you know that right? Oh those poor, poor 'demonized' Nazi Germans.

Do you understand what IDEOLOGY means? Have you read a Qu'ran or even parts of it that address jihad, dawa etc.

What really floors me is how some of you have no problem whatsoever 'demonizing' Christians daily in this forum, even when they are as pure as the driven snow and had nothing whatsoever to do with the current ISLAMIC TERRORIST ATTACK in Florida.

So what do you think of the seed post describing the Islamic ideology that muslims follow? Trouble following a topic?
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
yummyinmytummy
Posts: 52
Joined: May 28th, 2016, 6:21 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by yummyinmytummy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 21st, 2016, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
pepsilover
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by pepsilover »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 21st, 2016, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
User avatar
cliffy1
Übergod
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by cliffy1 »

pepsilover wrote:What really floors me is how some of you have no problem whatsoever 'demonizing' Christians daily in this forum, even when they are as pure as the driven snow and had nothing whatsoever to do with the current ISLAMIC TERRORIST ATTACK in Florida.

So what do you think of the seed post describing the Islamic ideology that Muslims follow? Trouble following a topic?

All anybody has said is that the radical Christians have no different a view than radical Muslims. Both are stark raving mad, both based those views on their holy books. Now, if you take the bible as the word of god, as some Muslims do, then it would be your duty to kill gays. Fortunately, not everybody takes their holy book at their word and only follow those teachings that promote love and brotherhood. Everybody is selective in what they follow.

Some Christians use Leviticus to justify their hatred and condemnation of gays and yet they don't follow the rule that allows you to beat your wife and slaves with a stick no bigger than your thumb. Some Muslims use certain passages in the Quran to justify hating and persecuting gays. By most of both religions ignore than nonsense, right? Now are you starting to get what everybody who you claim are persecuting Christians are trying to get across?

You can keep saying that the attack was a Islamic terrorist attack but you would be wrong. It was the act of a lone lunatic, who was gay and very emotionally confused. He barely knew anything about the Muslim religion. So, by your insistence on blaming the Muslim religion for this attack by a deranged individual, you are the one who is "persecuting Muslims" for the act of one individual. Your anger is unjustified.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
pepsilover
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Re: Islam's View on Homosexuality

Post by pepsilover »

cliffy1 wrote:

You can keep saying that the attack was a Islamic terrorist attack but you would be wrong. It was the act of a lone lunatic, who was gay and very emotionally confused. He barely knew anything about the Muslim religion. So, by your insistence on blaming the Muslim religion for this attack by a deranged individual, you are the one who is "persecuting Muslims" for the act of one individual. Your anger is unjustified.


So why do gays want the shooter to be seen as one of them?
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”