DEBATE: JW Versus Baptist Christian

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

DEBATE: JW Versus Baptist Christian

Post by Glacier »

(bookmarking for later)
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: DEBATE: JW Versus Baptist Christian

Post by youjustcomplain »

Hogwash.

I don't have the time to hear all 3 hours of this, nor do I think this could possibly hold my interest, but I did listen to enough to hear the topic of debate:
Jesus Christ - God or a God.

Full stop. Since when has it been established that Jesus was either of those things? Assuming he existed at all. Maybe it's my atheistic view on things, but until either party can prove that Jesus was a god, I just don't see much point in arguing over this topic.

Again, I didn't listen to the whole thing. Perhaps it got interesting at some point.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Around 1994 one retired JW lost his life's savings - $200,000 - because someone in his church convinced him and five or six other church people to invest their money in his scam idea. The Penticton herald had a full page article about it, but they hardly mentioned the fact the church was Jehovah's Witnesses. The guy who lost the most money - $200,000 - died a week later.

In churches all across N America, you have really nice guys in nice haircuts and nice suits, (just like the guys in the video) who smile a lot, telling a bunch of other people all about God. In my church we only mentioned the name - Jehovah - about one thousandth as often as we mentioned the name of Jesus. And still, I got taken to the cleaners by a church guy and lost $thousands of dollars.

It's all pretty much the same.
REALLY nice guys.
Nice haircuts.
Nice singing.
Nice smiling.
Nice people everywhere,
and still someone gets taken to the cleaners, by a church person every day.
Where's Jesus when that happens? I don't know.

It's pretty much all the same.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Thinktank wrote:Around 1994 one retired JW lost his life's savings - $200,000 - because someone in his church convinced him and five or six other church people to invest their money in his scam idea. The Penticton herald had a full page article about it, but they hardly mentioned the fact the church was Jehovah's Witnesses. The guy who lost the most money - $200,000 - died a week later.

In churches all across N America, you have really nice guys in nice haircuts and nice suits, (just like the guys in the video) who smile a lot, telling a bunch of other people all about God. In my church we only mentioned the name - Jehovah - about one thousandth as often as we mentioned the name of Jesus. And still, I got taken to the cleaners by a church guy and lost $thousands of dollars.

REALLY nice guys.
Nice haircuts.
Nice singing.
Nice smiling.
Nice people everywhere,
and still someone gets taken to the cleaners, by a church person every day.

It's pretty much all the same.

Ask yourself. Can you tell the story without referencing the church, or the peoples private beliefs? They aren't relevant.

Basically:
REALLY nice guys.
Nice haircuts.
Nice singing.
Nice smiling.
Nice people everywhere,
and still someone gets taken to the cleaners, by a person every day.

^^ Of course you don't know. Nobody does.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

youjustcomplain wrote:Ask yourself. Can you tell the story without referencing the church, or the peoples private beliefs? They aren't relevant.

This thread is about :Re: DEBATE: JW Versus Baptist Christian

I think the JWs are about the most deceived people on earth when it comes to thinking "they got it right"
and everyone else got it wrong.

It's pretty much the same everywhere. Money is #1. God - #2. Everywhere.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”