Whose Christians?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: Whose Christians?

Postby Omnitheo » May 31st, 2018, 1:30 pm

I don’t see what’s irrational. If America started building a bunch of gated communities and highways through Canada then people might not appreciate that either. Imagine if off Alaska, the US started building artificial islands, surrounding them with walls and turrets and claiming that it was now an extension of their borders, and gave them rights to resources in the area (note China is doing something similar to this).

When you see this happening constantly ...
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2018 ... 03992.html
Israel approves more than 2,000 settlement units in West Bank

...you don’t have much ground to state that anti-Israel sentiment is irrational or based on bigotry
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4911 posts

Postby floppi » May 31st, 2018, 1:41 pm

Glacier wrote:In theory that's true, but when your dislike, hatred, or fear is grounded in irrationality, it's either from ignorance or bigotry.

Hmmmmmm....
floppi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1274 posts

Postby Glacier » May 31st, 2018, 2:08 pm

Omnitheo wrote:I don’t see what’s irrational. If America started building a bunch of gated communities and highways through Canada then people might not appreciate that either. Imagine if off Alaska, the US started building artificial islands, surrounding them with walls and turrets and claiming that it was now an extension of their borders, and gave them rights to resources in the area (note China is doing something similar to this).

When you see this happening constantly ...
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2018 ... 03992.html
Israel approves more than 2,000 settlement units in West Bank

...you don’t have much ground to state that anti-Israel sentiment is irrational or based on bigotry

So you agree with thinktank, wow! No irrational animosity there toward those "apes" who just won't leave the land they've lived on for 1000s of years.

Anyway, you have thinktank understanding of the problem. The Israeli government demolished illegal settlements in Palestinian territory, and relocated 2000 of them to an area in the West Bank the courts agreed is legal Israeli territory.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12748 posts

Postby Thinktank » May 31st, 2018, 3:24 pm

Iclimb wrote:....a true believer is known by their fruits, as in being
kind,
peaceful,
gentle,
honest,
humble,
generous..
loving your neighbor as yourself,
loving your enemies,
not judging others...

^ that sounds like all the people in my church........

......BEFORE business deals were made. Then, they showed their true colors.

But it's true, there is a small percentage of decent Christians out there that don't deserve
to be thrown together with the phonies.

Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 622 posts

Postby 1nick » May 31st, 2018, 6:08 pm

Sounds like someone is still cheesed off that they were gullible enough to loose some money to the j-dubs.
Just let it go man you’ll feel better.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1034 posts

Postby floppi » May 31st, 2018, 7:57 pm

Glacier wrote:
Anyway, you have thinktank understanding of the problem. The Israeli government demolished illegal settlements in Palestinian territory, and relocated 2000 of them to an area in the West Bank the courts agreed is legal Israeli territory.

Which courts would that be? Israeli courts? [icon_lol2.gif] Because "The international community considers Israeli settlements in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, illegal under international law." There are almost 600,000 Israelis living illegally in the West Bank as occupying force since 1967. So yeah I can see why the international community is a little ticked off with Israel.

Omnitheo likes this post.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Postby sobrohusfat » May 31st, 2018, 8:54 pm

The Jordanians are the ones who decided to attack and illegally occupy the Israeli territory of Judea & Samaria for 19 years before they decided to again join their special-needs neighbours and attack Israel once more in '67 ...with a colossal FAIL.

...but that 19 year bit doesn't count because those dang Jews went and fought the arab hordes and stopped their own annihilation - that wasn't supposed to happen. The "International Community" has [not so] secretly been p i s s e d ever since.

Ha HAAAAA ! :panic:

:cuss: them - This same "international community" seems completely apathetic regarding their own destruction ... and you think Israel is going to take seriously being lectured to by blind fools anymore?

Those days are over.
MAY THE BRIDGES I BURN LIGHT THE WAY

Glacier likes this post.
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2340 posts

Postby floppi » Jun 5th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Sorry but that's not what happen, the clumsy and ill thought out Middle East Plan happened after the First World War, with usual colonial interference from France and England (and later by US). They dictated the "British Mandate of Palestine". Needless to say both the Arabs and the Jewish people were not happy with the arrangement. Jews still had no home, Arabs didn't get along with the Jewish people and Britian was meddling as usual in Arab/Jewish business. This uneasy arrangement went on until the end of World War 2 where I'm sure because of the collective empathy and sympathy of the world towards the Jewish people, the UN proposed to change the British Mandate of Palestine into 3 states, Arab,Jewish and the International areas. This was when the state of Israel came into being...and from the Arab and Palestine perspective, lands "stolen" from them. During the 1967 Middle East conflict, Israel (with help from the usual suspects) took over other areas such as the Sinai Peninsula, Golen Heights, West Bank (Judae/Sameria) and the Gaza Strip. All the lands occupied during this war is what the international courts deemed as "occupied" illegally by Israel is the actual history. Here's a start for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab ... sraeli_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War
floppi
Lord of the Board

Postby Glacier » Jun 5th, 2018, 3:18 pm

palestine.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby floppi » Jun 5th, 2018, 9:36 pm

:D The meme would have been more effective if it only had 10 questions but it doesn't change the fact that Palestinians have as much history and right to be there as the Jewish people. Their roots go as far back as the Jewish people. It was Britian and then the UN Council that really messed things up in that area so that's who I'm blaming.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Postby Glacier » Jun 6th, 2018, 8:47 am

Palestinians were Jews and Arabs and others who lived in the area. Maybe they should make a country for everyone, and not just an apartheid state where no Jews are allow. Of course, that's what the so called "Palestinians" want, which means that having Israel is very necessary because Jews need at least one safe place to live in the world where they won't get killed. What this has to do with Christians, I do not know, so maybe I should get back on topic...

daria likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Thinktank » Jun 6th, 2018, 9:06 am

Glacier wrote:..... having Israel is very necessary because Jews need at least one safe place to live in the world where they won't get killed.

[icon_lol2.gif]

^ that takes the cake. The best thing about Israel,
is it's a good way to siphon off $billions from countries like Russia.

In the past decade, wealthy businessmen from the former Soviet Union have flocked to Israel in private planes via the Moscow-Tel Aviv route. Once here, they buy mansions in wealthy communities and get around in luxury cars. Most of them have come to Israel to escape the grasp of Russian President Vladimir Putin. They live below the radar, zealously guarding their privacy and hiding their assets and Israeli citizenship. Unlike Russian businessman Arcadi Gaydamak, who became a dominant figure in Israel a decade ago, they aren't involved in politics, at least openly, and don’t make flashy business deals or grant interviews.

^ does that sound like poor jew getting killed, or more like billionaire screwing over his own country and then
fleeing to Israel.

https://www.haaretz.com/.premium-meet-i ... -1.5290286
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Postby Thinktank » Jun 6th, 2018, 7:45 pm

Glacier wrote:... Israel is very necessary because Jews need at least one safe place to live in the world ...

that's funny ^ :biggrin:

Jews are doing fantastic in Iran. And everywhere else. I doubt most Jews would even want to live in Israel,
it's so good everywhere else.
Thinktank
Guru

Postby floppi » Jun 6th, 2018, 10:31 pm

Glacier wrote:Palestinians were Jews and Arabs and others who lived in the area. Maybe they should make a country for everyone, and not just an apartheid state where no Jews are allow. Of course, that's what the so called "Palestinians" want, which means that having Israel is very necessary because Jews need at least one safe place to live in the world where they won't get killed. What this has to do with Christians, I do not know, so maybe I should get back on topic...

That was the British Mandate of Palestine from 1920 to 1948, no Israel, then the UN partitioned off Arab/Palestinian lands and gave them to create Israel. Now it's a gigantic mess with no end in sight.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Postby Glacier » Jun 6th, 2018, 11:38 pm

floppi wrote:That was the British Mandate of Palestine from 1920 to 1948, no Israel, then the UN partitioned off Arab/Palestinian lands and gave them to create Israel. Now it's a gigantic mess with no end in sight.

Israel is a beautiful place No mess at all... unless letting Jews and Arabs living side by side in peace makes you queasy.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality