Whose Christians?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: Whose Christians?

Postby floppi » Jun 7th, 2018, 7:06 am

Glacier wrote:
floppi wrote:That was the British Mandate of Palestine from 1920 to 1948, no Israel, then the UN partitioned off Arab/Palestinian lands and gave them to create Israel. Now it's a gigantic mess with no end in sight.

Israel is a beautiful place No mess at all... unless letting Jews and Arabs living side by side in peace makes you queasy.

I doubt it's a peaceful coexistence but if it makes you feel better to say so by all means keep believing that.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/israel ... s-1.711840
floppi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1251 posts

Postby Glacier » Jun 7th, 2018, 7:58 am

Having disagreements is actually healthy. I mean, why else would you be here? What's no healthy is when people are banned, so like in Apartheid states where no blacks or jews or 3 legged lesbians are allowed.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12715 posts

Postby floppi » Jun 7th, 2018, 10:54 am

Glacier wrote:Having disagreements is actually healthy. I mean, why else would you be here? What's no healthy is when people are banned, so like in Apartheid states where no blacks or jews or 3 legged lesbians are allowed.

I'm finally glad you agree apartheid states are wrong but I don't see "arab" in your statement.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_ ... id_analogy
floppi
Lord of the Board

Postby Thinktank » Jun 7th, 2018, 10:56 am

Glacier wrote: What's no healthy is when people are banned, so like in Apartheid state....

Banned - no healthy. Open Air prison - healthy.
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 622 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jun 7th, 2018, 9:13 pm

daria wrote:
Glacier wrote:The Cold War ended 30 years ago. Time to stop beating that drum, thinktank. This dude is 87 years old, and also like you is stuck the Cold War days where everything in the Bible was misconstrued to mean Russia. Gog and Magog are regions in Turkey, BTW.

Your last sentence hits the nail on the head. Too many North Americans and Europeans forget that the Bible is a Middle Eastern text.

AND...ever notice that where the sand starts and where the sand ends is where the war usually is. Right where the sand is. Sand...it drives people crazy. Look at Isreal-sand. All through the Middle East-sand. Those idiots would fight over it even if it was nuked at surface level, and radioactive.
Has there ever been peace for any decent length of time? No. Always a problem somewhere in the Middle East.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby floppi » Jun 8th, 2018, 7:33 am

I've noticed. Harsh environments begets harsh religions. The 3 main Abrahamic all sprang from that region and I believe a reflection of their culture; harsh, unyielding, fanatical and prone to violence.

Omnitheo likes this post.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Postby Glacier » Jun 8th, 2018, 8:32 am

floppi wrote:I've noticed. Harsh environments begets harsh religions. The 3 main Abrahamic all sprang from that region and I believe a reflection of their culture; harsh, unyielding, fanatical and prone to violence.

That would explain the harsh Eskimo religions and customs. Nothing more harsh than the high arctic. Of course, the harshest of all would be the tropics where you had cannibal tribes in Papua New Guinea killing and eating their friends and neighbors just for fun.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12715 posts

Postby floppi » Jun 8th, 2018, 11:21 am

Glacier wrote:
floppi wrote:I've noticed. Harsh environments begets harsh religions. The 3 main Abrahamic all sprang from that region and I believe a reflection of their culture; harsh, unyielding, fanatical and prone to violence.

That would explain the harsh Eskimo religions and customs. Nothing more harsh than the high arctic. Of course, the harshest of all would be the tropics where you had cannibal tribes in Papua New Guinea killing and eating their friends and neighbors just for fun.

Exactly!! ....and "Traditional stories, rituals, and taboos of the Inuit are often precautions against dangers posed by their harsh Arctic environment. Knud Rasmussen asked his guide and friend Aua, an angakkuq (spiritual healer), about Inuit religious beliefs among the Iglulingmiut (people of Igloolik) and was told: "We don't believe. We fear."
floppi
Lord of the Board

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality