Christians sure like to condemn homosexuality

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Christians sure like to condemn homosexuality

Postby savvybusinessman » May 31st, 2018, 9:30 pm

savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Re: Christians sure like to condemn homosexuality

Postby capleton » Jul 2nd, 2018, 2:23 pm

Yet you keep hearing pastors in the States always getting busted for hiring male hookers, it is pretty funny.

MUSTAFALEEK likes this post.
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 145 posts

Postby MUSTAFALEEK » Oct 18th, 2018, 1:02 pm

Not as much as Islam does. But two wrongs do not equal a right. One faith relies heavily on homosexuals for its leaders the other throws them off of roofs. I know which one is the lesser of two evils.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MUSTAFALEEK

Liked in: 0 post

Postby youjustcomplain » Oct 19th, 2018, 1:23 pm

MUSTAFALEEK wrote:Not as much as Islam does. But two wrongs do not equal a right. One faith relies heavily on homosexuals for its leaders the other throws them off of roofs. I know which one is the lesser of two evils.

Right. Of those two options, Christianity is kinder to homosexuals. It may be the lesser of those two evils, but I think it's pretty clear that both are evil.
youjustcomplain
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 569 posts

Postby csm » Oct 21st, 2018, 11:15 am

MUSTAFALEEK wrote:Not as much as Islam does. But two wrongs do not equal a right. One faith relies heavily on homosexuals for its leaders the other throws them off of roofs. I know which one is the lesser of two evils.

Personally, I'm not religious - to think humans are the end all and be all of the universe is totally illogical, so is living in utopia when you die.

But it's our natural fear of our eventual and inescapable death that the churches use to generate enormous wealth and power just as the Catholics did in medieval times with the promise that if you follow "their" rules ( because they are the "true" religion), you will be saved from purgatory.

Islam and every other organized religion is no exception - the money goes in only one direction and very little goes back.

I'm not gay, and I personally have no problem with gays as long as they keep it to themselves. My 2 sisters are devout Christians, and they also have no problem with gay people. Most are just average people, and I don't judge them for what they are. It is the flamers that seem to be prevalent in that segment of our society that I take offense to, but that could be due to some sort of chemical imbalance in the brain - like OCD, or ADD, etc., but isn't what I would call "normal" behaviour or a true example of a gay person.

A person does not have to parade his/her sexuality, and I know a lot of gay people think the same way. By bringing attention to yourself in that way, just widens the gap and makes universal acceptance harder to take, and paints the picture that all gay people are like that when they aren't.

For a religion to isolate a segment of the population and kill them for what they are is no different than the Nazi's killing the Jews in WWII.

It is prejudice at the extreme, and MURDER, and we should not allow any faction that endorses such action against another simply because they don't "fit in" with what they think is "normal". If ISIS warriors are found within our borders they should be treated as any other war criminal that endorses and commits genecide and murder of people simply because of their lifestyle or belief.

That is a gross human rights violation, and one Canadians are reputed to be dead against.

However, if you take the time to see what is happening within our own borders, you will soon see we are heading into a deepening crisis, not only fiscal, but in other ways that I cannot state because we are no longer a society that has free speech since this government was elected. There is a journalist who is now been charged with a hate crime simply because he asked the wrong question.

JT on one hand prances around in Pride parades, yet supports the Islamic Religion more than he supports any other religion. In fact, there in schools Christianity is all but banned, yet they section off an area in a school to allow Islamic prayers, with the "boys" in the front and the "girls" well behind as they are not looked upon as equals.

JT also calls himself a feminist, yet supports the one religion that puts womens rights below that of a man.

A paradox? Yes, of course, but for what reason?

So I'm asking everyone here to dig in and investigate, try and find the truth to what is happening in our Country, and to place your vote in the next federal election.

I have, and what I see scares me to death. To think we are insulated is absurd. We are just as vulnerable, even more so, because we do not have the resources to protect our borders from a sort of "invasion" that has been underway for the last year - all with JT's blessing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69PipB3_Ig
Amazing how Liberal Fanatics are great at blaming others for Canada's problems, but when asked about their accomplishments - have nothing to say!

Fidel Trudeau is an Autocrat and Dictator - "Ship Him Back To Cuba"!!
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 706 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Oct 21st, 2018, 1:02 pm

csm wrote:

Personally, I'm not religious - to think humans are the end all and be all of the universe is totally illogical, so is living in utopia when you die.
When you die, you die, there is no living after that. There is no heaven and there is no hell, you are dead. It's over, there is NO afterlife.

But it's our natural fear There is no natural fear of death without religion of our eventual and inescapable death that the churches use to generate enormous wealth and power just as the Catholics did in medieval times with the promise that if you follow "their" rules ( because they are the "true" religion), you will be saved from purgatory. Therefore, the Catholics and all of the spin-off religions are feeding off the gullibility of their flocks to obtain wealth and expand their agenda and increase their flock. Who is going to come back from the dead and tell everyone that they are wrong? All of the different religions rely upon the same fact: Nobody ever comes back from the dead and says, "They/those that are telling you stuff, are wrong".

Islam and every other organized religion is no exception - the money goes in only one direction and very little goes back. See above highlighted in red.

I'm not gay, and I personally have no problem with gays as long as they keep it to themselves. Do they come to your door and preach their beliefs to you? Are they harassing you you to join in? My 2 sisters are devout Christians, and they also have no problem with gay people. Why should they? Most are just average people, and I don't judge them for what they are. What are they? It is the flamers that seem to be prevalent in that segment of our society that I take offense to, but that could be due to some sort of chemical imbalance in the brain - like OCD, or ADD, etc., but isn't what I would call "normal" behaviour or a true example of a gay person. So, are you saying that gays have a chemical imbalance or that they are not "normal"?

A person does not have to parade his/her sexuality, and I know a lot of gay people think the same way. Is being GAY a "thought" process? Maybe, it's god's fault for creating these people? Maybe blame god for for also creating Cancer, Alzheimer's and Down's syndrome? By bringing attention to yourself in that way, just widens the gap and makes universal acceptance harder to take, and paints the picture that all gay people are like that when they aren't. Gays are attempting to bring recognition and acceptance, if a parade widens "the gap", that gap is caused by those that are homophobic and un-accepting to differences within the human race. Just like the acceptance of women and dark-skinned persons.

For a religion to isolate a segment of the population and kill them for what they are is no different than the Nazi's killing the Jews in WWII. The Jews that were killed in WWII was because of 1 man, named Hitler. The Nazis were just following orders or face being killed themselves. There is no comparison.

It is prejudice at the extreme, and MURDER, and we should not allow any faction that endorses such action against another simply because they don't "fit in" with what they think is "normal". If ISIS warriors are found within our borders they should be treated as any other war criminal that endorses and commits genecide and murder of people simply because of their lifestyle or belief. Except that, we are not at war.

That is a gross human rights violation, and one Canadians are reputed to be dead against. That is why Canadians were involved in WWI and WWII. They were fighting to stop the things you are claiming.

However, if you take the time to see what is happening within our own borders, you will soon see we are heading into a deepening crisis, not only fiscal, but in other ways that I cannot state because we are no longer a society that has free speech Yet, you are expressing your right to speak freely, right here, right now. since this government was elected. Which government are you referring to? The democratic government or just the Liberals? There is a journalist who is now been charged with a hate crime simply because he asked the wrong question. Could you please supply a link to what you are referring to support your supposition?

JT on one hand prances around in Pride parades, yet supports the Islamic Religion more than he supports any other religion. In fact, there in schools Christianity is all but banned, yet they section off an area in a school to allow Islamic prayers, with the "boys" in the front and the "girls" well behind as they are not looked upon as equals. I am sorry, I have not seen any such behaviours or any information to support that comment. I am willing to read, whatever you have to provide as reference material.

JT also calls himself a feminist, yet supports the one religion that puts womens rights below that of a man.

A paradox? Yes, of course, but for what reason? Once again, please provide the links to the information that supports your conclusions.

So I'm asking everyone here to dig in and investigate, try and find the truth to what is happening in our Country, and to place your vote in the next federal election. That's great, how about you provide a starting point by providing links to where you get these ideas from? Please.

I have, and what I see scares me to death. If you are so easily "scared", I strongly suggest that you stop reading the news and switch off your internet. To think we are insulated is absurd. NO, we are not isulated, we are part of the world and everything that happens on this planet affects us. We are just as vulnerable, even more so, because we do not have the resources to protect our borders from a sort of "invasion" that has been underway for the last year - all with JT's blessing. AND what "invasion" is that? I have heard about the invasion of Mil-foil weed/Zebra muscles in the Okanagan lake, but I would like to hear what you believe we are being invaded by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69PipB3_Ig

I did review your link to the YouTube video that was supplied. Can you not see the sarcasm that this video was created with?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4842 posts

Return to Religion & Spirituality