Heretics in town

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Heretics in town

Postby ChristianLu » Jun 8th, 2018, 12:02 am

So I saw this https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... at-meet-up

How do other people feel about inviting these heretics to our Christian town? Are we not inviting Damnation from God Himself?

Allowing these heretical sinners to our Christian town is a mistake that must be rectified, ere we risk Damnation.

If you are unaware, these Jehovah's Witnesses believe these Heresies, that:

Jesus is not one with God (Arianism).
The Holy Spirit it not part of a triune God, He is simply the "force" of God (Dualism).
Satan originated the doctrine of the trinity (Non-Trinitarian).
Unsaved men cease to exist (Annihilationism).
No eternal separation for anyone (Hell does not exist)

Regarding Jesus, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that He was the first natural son whom Jehovah brought forth and that He is Michael, the archangel, in human form. Jesus is believed to have been anointed at His baptism and then is said to have proved His devotion to God by submitting to a horrifying death on a torture stake. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not believe that He was raised from the dead.

Nor do Jehovah's Witnesses believe in Hell. Unfortunately for them, this lack of belief does not erase Hell’s existence. They believe that after death, unless they are found to be worthy of eternal life, they will simply remain in the grave, inactive, unconscious and entirely dead.

In order to accept the theologies of the Jehovah's Witnesses, you have to overlook and completely discount a myriad of Scripture passages. For some study on Hell, read Matthew 5:22-30, 10:28, 18:9; Luke 12:5, 16:23; 2 Peter 2:5 and Revelation 20:10. Hell is very real. It is as real as Heaven! You cannot believe in part of God's Word and then reject the other parts because they make you feel uncomfortable.

Also, Jesus Christ is clearly God's Son and is fully God, who came to earth as a man to redeem mankind from the penalty of sin. John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one an only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." There is no question about the deity of Christ!

Lastly, no person will remain in the grave after death. Hebrews 9:27 says, "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." We will all die; we will all be judged. Each individual must determine for himself whom he will serve, thus determining his eternal destiny.

What say you?

Should these Un-Christian heretics be allowed to freely sin without comment?

Jesus said, "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect" (Matt. 24.23,24).

I pray for their Salvation, yet do not welcome their Damnation.
ChristianLu

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Heretics in town

Postby LANDM » Jun 8th, 2018, 7:07 am

Yes, they should be able to freely sin. And you should be able to pray for their salvation.

Neither will harm me or others......except for you, of course, as you claim to be harmed by their actions.

Bunnyhop likes this post.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 4438 posts

Postby Bunnyhop » Jun 8th, 2018, 8:15 am

That’s one of the great things about Canada - freedom of religion.

You don’t have to agree with their religious beliefs but you can’t discriminate against them by barring them from our community.

Choose to ignore and go on with your own life. You’ll be happier (and more Christian) that way.

2 people like this post.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 562 posts

Postby 1nick » Jun 8th, 2018, 10:36 am

“Christian town” haha

If I had the money I’d open a Slack Alice’s 2.0 in your “Christian town”

2 people like this post.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1034 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Jun 8th, 2018, 11:08 am

ChristianLu wrote:Are we not inviting Damnation from God Himself?

I sure hope so, I want to see God have a nervous breakdown.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jun 8th, 2018, 12:40 pm

Maybe their interpretation is the correct one and yours is wrong. They will go to heaven, whilst you continue to anger your god with your heresies.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4910 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jun 8th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Omnitheo wrote: They will go to heaven,

I believe according to them that's supposed to happen sooner rather than later.

I won't miss them.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13273 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jun 8th, 2018, 4:04 pm

For as long as the JWs have been around and over the number of countries that they preach......

Based on their understanding of scriptures such as Revelation 14:1-4, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that exactly 144,000 faithful Christians go to heaven to rule with Christ in the kingdom of God.

How come they can't fill 144,000 reservations in their "heaven"? Those rules must be pretty harsh if they haven't been able find that many sheep.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4850 posts

Postby Ptolemy Soter » Jun 9th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Do you have a minute to talk about Wodan, the allfather? Helheim has need of you!

There is no such thing as a town dedicated to one religion. Not in this country.
I am... the law!

2 people like this post.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Liked in: 141 posts

Postby tpesl » Jun 11th, 2018, 4:58 am

Wow and you think your special kind of stupid is any better? I’m an atheist, am I allowed to exist in your town? Yet I support any religion to exist ( except maybe Islam ,way too dangerous)
tpesl

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Jflem1983 » Jun 11th, 2018, 5:48 am

Why dont jw temples have any windows. Is it to keep all the non believers from looking in ? Or to keep the flock from seeing the world outside ?

I have some jw cousins. It is very very hard to have even a simple conversation with them about anything without somehow them bringing up their church activities or some other thing . It is always church first family second.

I think others who have been close to this religous movement also view it with a degree of skepticism.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Because_They_Lie likes this post.
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3276 posts

Postby Hurtlander » Jun 16th, 2018, 10:15 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 16th, 2018, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Hurtlander
Guru

Liked in: 6255 posts

Postby sobrohusfat » Jun 16th, 2018, 12:02 pm

OP - what century are you living in ??

You say you want to comment about the speck in their eye - then invite them in and you can have an indepth theological debate - fill your pious little boots.

As long as they're not attacking anyone - blowing themselve up - gang raping our daughters - then who cares. I'll take those peacefull goofy pedestrians in my town over 15th century style inquisitors anyday.

The only time i was ever really miffed with JWs was Calgary 1989 - i got home from work and my girlfriend told me two of them (middle-aged woman & young man) walked by our fenced backyard, looked in over the gate, saw her laying there on her belly sunbathing topless and decided to invite themselves in to stand over her and "talk". ...that didn't last long.

Stupid JW woman - you really think that young man with you was thinking about my GFs' soul at any point.

PS - i think this thread was started as a hoax
MAY THE BRIDGES I BURN LIGHT THE WAY

JayByrd likes this post.
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2340 posts

Postby Because_They_Lie » Jun 16th, 2018, 5:09 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 16th, 2018, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Because_They_Lie
Übergod

Liked in: 298 posts

Postby Because_They_Lie » Jun 16th, 2018, 5:10 pm

savvybusinessman wrote:
ChristianLu wrote:Are we not inviting Damnation from God Himself?

I sure hope so, I want to see God have a nervous breakdown.

evil
Because_They_Lie
Übergod

Liked in: 298 posts

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality