Zombie invasion of Jersualem

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
capleton
Banned

Zombie invasion of Jersualem

Post by capleton »

MATTHEW 27:51-5(3) “The earth shook, the rocks broke and tombs opened and many men and women who had died came back to life again. They left the cemetery and went into the city and appeared to many people there

Is this evidence that zombies are real?, lol
1nick
Lord of the Board

Re: Zombie invasion of Jersualem

Post by 1nick »

I guess jesus rising from the dead was not such a big deal after all.
Seems everyone was doing it.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

capleton wrote:MATTHEW 27:51-5(3) “The earth shook, the rocks broke and tombs opened and many men and women who had died came back to life again. They left the cemetery and went into the city and appeared to many people there

(52) Many bodies of the saints which slept arose.--It is scarcely, perhaps, surprising that a narrative so exceptional in its marvellousness, and standing, as it does, without any collateral testimony in any other part of the New Testament, should have presented to many minds difficulties which have seemed almost insuperable. They have accordingly either viewed it as a mythical addition, or, where they shrank from that extreme conclusion, have explained it as meaning simply that the bodies of the dead were exposed to view by the earthquake mentioned in the preceding verse, or have seen in it only the honest report of an over-excited imagination.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/27-52.htm
Bring back the LIKE button.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

alanjh595 wrote:
capleton wrote:MATTHEW 27:51-5(3) “The earth shook, the rocks broke and tombs opened and many men and women who had died came back to life again. They left the cemetery and went into the city and appeared to many people there

(52) Many bodies of the saints which slept arose.--It is scarcely, perhaps, surprising that a narrative so exceptional in its marvellousness, and standing, as it does, without any collateral testimony in any other part of the New Testament, should have presented to many minds difficulties which have seemed almost insuperable. They have accordingly either viewed it as a mythical addition, or, where they shrank from that extreme conclusion, have explained it as meaning simply that the bodies of the dead were exposed to view by the earthquake mentioned in the preceding verse, or have seen in it only the honest report of an over-excited imagination.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/27-52.htm

This tale is as ridiculous as the talking donkey of Balaam, the Global Flood and Jesus rising from the dead. Which stories in the Bible are not a result of a over-excited imagination?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

capleton wrote:This tale is as ridiculous as the talking donkey of Balaam, the Global Flood and Jesus rising from the dead, which stories in the Bible are not a result of a over-excited imagination?

I don't know. I only looked up the passage as part of my fact-checking OCD. It's a slow day on the forums. I usually don't participate in this forum per se. Carry on...... :runforlife:
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”