Get super rich. Start a church

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
nepal
Übergod

Get super rich. Start a church

Post by nepal »

The more followers contributing, the more that can be made. Religeous franchises compound the earnings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ksvEPpi-MTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIlaFbRvU4I

Religion is often a business, to get your money. Some churches do good, but many are a money machine for their leaders. Some even get tax breaks. Be very suspicious when a church wants your money, especially if they say things might happen if you don't contribute...run the other way.

---- Watch out for seniors you care for, who may be vulnerable, and whose assets could become exposed to these evangelical tycoons.

---- Parents of youngsters also need to be very weary of high-class 'church summer camps', which might help bring youngsters into the eventual financial fold, with an almost free camp stay. These camps may have strong overtones of us and them, and by 'accepting', that they might earn a special life status. Such camps may be operating in BC. If your kids do go, then talk with them on their return and ask what they were told and how they felt about what they were taught there. Just be careful, ask questions.

---- Also be aware of some church leaders getting into job hiring positions, where they may lean toward hiring those of the same faith, regardless of job skills.

Even some mainstream churches are up to financial trickery https://www.rt.com/business/vatican-bank-fake-bonds-285/

Attachments
Religious leader's own jet
Religious leader's own jet
Last edited by nepal on Jul 14th, 2019, 7:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Able
Fledgling

Re: Get super rich. Start a church

Post by Able »

All registered religious organizations are tax exempt. The bar to qualify is extremely low. If religious orgs. do any good anywhere it is miniscule when compared to the harm they do. Because the churches/orgs. are tax exempt but the preachers income is not , the church (controlled by the leader) buys luxury items for their leaders to use , Lear jets . luxury cars , etc. etc..

When Hitlers political party came into power in Germany the very first treaty they signed was with the Vatican. The Vatican then stood by and did nothing when they were totally aware of the atrocities that were being committed against the Jews ,Poles , Gypsies , mentally ill , and any number of other groups both religious and secular that were deemed non-Aryan. Now there's some Christian values at work.

Religion is a great moneymaker by any standard. If you have a small amount of cash and have a modicum of communication skills your halfway there. Get registered , rent some space , put out a few signs , hand out some pamphlets on a busy street corner , take out a cheap ad in the local paper and soon you will have an audience of true believers. As P.T. Barnum once said "Theirs one born every minute". A good name would be 'Our Lady of Perpetual Tything".
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Bull Goose Looney wrote:All registered religious organizations are tax exempt. The bar to qualify is extremely low. If religious orgs. do any good anywhere it is miniscule when compared to the harm they do. Because the churches/orgs. are tax exempt but the preachers income is not , the church (controlled by the leader) buys luxury items for their leaders to use , Lear jets . luxury cars , etc. etc..

When Hitlers political party came into power in Germany the very first treaty they signed was with the Vatican. The Vatican then stood by and did nothing when they were totally aware of the atrocities that were being committed against the Jews ,Poles , Gypsies , mentally ill , and any number of other groups both religious and secular that were deemed non-Aryan. Now there's some Christian values at work.

Religion is a great moneymaker by any standard. If you have a small amount of cash and have a modicum of communication skills your halfway there. Get registered , rent some space , put out a few signs , hand out some pamphlets on a busy street corner , take out a cheap ad in the local paper and soon you will have an audience of true believers. As P.T. Barnum once said "Theirs one born every minute". A good name would be 'Our Lady of Perpetual Tything".

Good example using the Vatican and the concordat. The catholic church is clearly satanic and evil. Why anyone would still be a member is beyond me. The holocaust, child molestation and sponsoring of war after war= their god is the devil. otherwise I have no opinion on the subject.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Hmmm wrote:
Bull Goose Looney wrote:All registered religious organizations are tax exempt. The bar to qualify is extremely low. If religious orgs. do any good anywhere it is miniscule when compared to the harm they do. Because the churches/orgs. are tax exempt but the preachers income is not , the church (controlled by the leader) buys luxury items for their leaders to use , Lear jets . luxury cars , etc. etc..

Good example using the Vatican and the concordat. The catholic church is clearly satanic and evil. Why anyone would still be a member is beyond me. The holocaust, child molestation and sponsoring of war after war= their god is the devil. otherwise I have no opinion on the subject.

So how is Protestantism better? they deny science and make dumb things like the "Creationist museum" and contributed to the holocaust as well, not to mention all the scams that preachers do.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Anyone who says that starting a church is your ticket to $$$$ is either lying or extremely ignorant of the facts. Few degrees net you less money than a theology degree. While it is true that a few have managed to make big money with a church, the overwhelming majority would have done better financially getting their plumbing ticket. Even among the supposed worst offenders, they often didn't make their money from the church. eg. Joel Osteen.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

And a plumber does an honest days work.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

capleton wrote:
So how is Protestantism better? they deny science and make dumb things like the "Creationist museum" and contributed to the holocaust as well, not to mention all the scams that preachers do.

Its not. Most religions dishonour God and are a big cause for people not believing in him .
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Glacier wrote:Anyone who says that starting a church is your ticket to $$$$ is either lying or extremely ignorant of the facts. Few degrees net you less money than a theology degree. While it is true that a few have managed to make big money with a church, the overwhelming majority would have done better financially getting their plumbing ticket. Even among the supposed worst offenders, they often didn't make their money from the church. eg. Joel Osteen.
Glacier, I agree about the low return on theology degree investment. Also, there are many with theology degrees who truly do good work and are doing good for society. However there are those with or without degrees, who are simply in it to scam unwitting followers. I may be wrong, but I don't believe a degree is necessary to become an evangelist preacher.

There are millions of people who truly are helped and have friendships through honest to goodness churches, who’s mission is to help others and be there for them, regardless of their finances. These are selfless honest to goodness churches, and there are a lot of them, that I fully support. There is definitely a need for these types of honest churches, as there are many people out there who are blessed by being a part of them.
Last edited by nepal on Dec 21st, 2022, 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I was referring to evangelicals rather than theologians.
In particular this theologian https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances ... rakopoulou is doing excellent work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xVBldyy_Oo
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

The Greek Orthodox monk Rasputin did well for himself too.

Had the Czar's family in the palm of his hand, and all he could ask for in return for keeping Czarovitch alive.

Took a lot of effort to send him back to his maker though; it took bullets, knives, a sound thrashing and pumelling, and finally slipped into cold waters beneath the ice where he finally expired from drowning. Autopsy said so.

Maybe he really was sainted? [icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Able
Fledgling

Post by Able »

Glacier wrote:Anyone who says that starting a church is your ticket to $$$$ is either lying or extremely ignorant of the facts. Few degrees net you less money than a theology degree. While it is true that a few have managed to make big money with a church, the overwhelming majority would have done better financially getting their plumbing ticket. Even among the supposed worst offenders, they often didn't make their money from the church. eg. Joel Osteen.

Gee Capt....just those two choices hey? I think everyone who read your post has put you firmly in both categories.
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

New way to win $ from the flock!
Gaurd your wallet if you feel you must go to some ‘churches’! Don’t believe them when they say the more you give, the better you’ll be on the other side. Also, don’t believe threats that bad things will happen if you don’t give$. Fraudsters hide in such places, so be aware. If it doesn’t seem right, it likely isn’t, run.

It’s annoying that vulnerable people are preyed upon by those unsavoury ‘churches’ (businesses) and their leaders who are pretending to help them. :-X

If you have $ to spare, directly help homeless people in your own community. This will make you a better person, and make you feel good about yourself. :smt045
Attachments
E002A59B-A961-4888-A3AC-966851CA8D0D.jpeg
F35B0CF5-CA2F-49E6-B7C0-AE230968DFE7.jpeg
Last edited by nepal on May 16th, 2019, 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Televangelists have screwed gullible people out of millions over the years.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ligwyd

Post by ligwyd »

Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
Acts 3:6

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon [money].
Mathew 6:24

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mathew 6:19

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mathew 6:21

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mathew 16:18

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Mathew 21:12-13

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
2 Peter 2:3
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

ligwyd wrote:Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
Acts 3:6

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon [money].
Mathew 6:24

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mathew 6:19

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mathew 6:21

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mathew 16:18

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Mathew 21:12-13

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
2 Peter 2:3

It's funny how both the Protestant and Catholics have relied on wealth all through their history. Tithing is a important part of Church doctrine and apparently Jebus needs as much money as possible

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”