Get super rich. Start a church

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
nepal
Übergod

Re: Get super rich. Start a church

Post by nepal »

Here is a heartening example of how humanity can actually do real selfless good for other people. It is inspiring to see these individuals personally do good for others who are disadvantaged. :up:
I’m sure there are other examples of true selfless goodness in the valley, such as providing soup kitchens for destitute individuals.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-255206-21-.htm#255206
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

True humanitarians who don't blow their own horns are even better. I find it disgusting to do an act of kindness and then have your picture taken and a news story written about you telling everyone. It takes aways much of the good . But Im happy those poor Hondurans got an ambulance... How about next time, do the good deed and keep it to yourself?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

A different perspective would be that it may trigger someone else to do something similar to help others and that is worthwhile.

Or, if one wanted a more cynical viewpoint, it would be easier to argue expenses with CRA when there is a newspaper article proving this was done.

Or they are just proud of what they did.
You and 71 others Like this post
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

LANDM wrote:A different perspective would be that it may trigger someone else to do something similar to help others and that is worthwhile.

Or, if one wanted a more cynical viewpoint, it would be easier to argue expenses with CRA when there is a newspaper article proving this was done.

Or they are just proud of what they did.

I think it would have a positive effect and encourage people to do something. But it is a two edge sword I feel. Its just my personal feelings. When I give to some cause and they want to add my name to a list or put it up, I always decline. I mention it here, because you don't know who I am. I am happy that they did give the ambulance though, really. I think they would have more persnal fulfilment if they humbly kept it to themselves though. JMO.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Maybe it’s better to just keep the fraudsters in church, although unfortunately they’d keep on fleecing$ their flock of gullible lambs.

Last edited by nepal on Jan 7th, 2020, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Dec-2019 news report. More church greed. Are they charities or businesses? It seems that money is the primary objective of several of these organizations and their leaders$ They prey on the gullible and even the poor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/mormon-church-has-misled-members-on-100-billion-tax-exempt-investment-fund-whistleblower-alleges/2019/12/16/e3619bd2-2004-11ea-86f3-3b5019d451db_story.html
nepal
Übergod

Churches need your financial support. Give now!

Post by nepal »

They want your $$$, in the name of religion.
If you see a friend getting sucked into this sort of super-cult crap, get them honest help.

Harper/Day are the Canadian equivalent to the American political nuts, who use ‘religion’ to get votes to line their own pockets.

Steer clear of these cults.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

nepal wrote: Sep 30th, 2018, 3:25 pm Glacier, I agree about the low return on theology degree investment. Also, there are many with theology degrees who truly do good work and are doing good for society. However there are those with or without degrees, who are simply in it to scam unwitting followers. I may be wrong, but I don't believe a degree is necessary to become an evangelist preacher.

There are millions of people who truly are helped and have friendships through honest to goodness churches, who’s mission is to help others and be there for them, regardless of their finances. These are selfless honest to goodness churches, and there are a lot of them, that I fully support. There is definitely a need for these types of honest churches, as there are many people out there who are blessed by being a part of them.
Where there are people there will always be corruption and scammers. That's why it's really it's truly amazing that no one has ever tried to cheat the US election system when every single other organization ever has had people try to cheat the system eventually.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Churches need your financial support. Give now!

Post by Thinktank »

nepal wrote: Dec 20th, 2019, 10:42 pm They want your $$$, in the name of religion.

Steer clear of these cults.
So I was walking down Pandozy Street and a guy and his wife had a sign "Bible Lessons"

:up: So I asked him how many people in his church got the concoction, since he can tell me all about God with his bible lessons I thought he would be smart enough to know not to get the "doses."

"We all got it" he said, proudly. :D < the guy

I have a foolproof system now, to find out which churches are with God, and which churches are cults.
If 10% or more people in a church got the "experiment" that church is a fraud.

It's that simple.

:smt045
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

BBC says tens of thousands of Ukrainians have died and Zelensky needs hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians to replace them. Yes. BBC is just that dumb.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Feb 19th, 2019, 7:14 pm Televangelists have screwed gullible people out of millions over the years.
Apparently this continues to happen. There appears to be new crop of televangelists.

No ones learned their lesson from old Batch:
Bakkers
Copeland
Swaggart
Roberts
Etc...etc
Last edited by GordonH on Apr 28th, 2023, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thinktank wrote: Apr 28th, 2023, 6:50 am
I have a foolproof system now, to find out which churches are with God, and which churches are cults.
All churches just want your money...they are all frauds!
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Bsuds wrote: Apr 28th, 2023, 7:03 am All churches just want your money...they are all frauds!
Kenyan authorities have updated the death count associated with a suspected starvation cult after more bodies were exhumed on a 800-acre plot of woodland owned by pastor Paul Mackenzie of the Good News International Church.
The new figure came as police exhumed 17 more bodies from shallow graves. The total death count connected to the investigation now stands at 90.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9646673/keny ... mackenzie/

they're saying the church in Kenya was somehow related to this guy - Wm Branham, who promoted Jim Jones and helped him get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy2-y3s2exw
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

BBC says tens of thousands of Ukrainians have died and Zelensky needs hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians to replace them. Yes. BBC is just that dumb.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Thinktank wrote: Apr 28th, 2023, 6:50 am So I was walking down Pandozy Street and a guy and his wife had a sign "Bible Lessons"

:up: So I asked him how many people in his church got the concoction, since he can tell me all about God with his bible lessons I thought he would be smart enough to know not to get the "doses."

"We all got it" he said, proudly. :D < the guy

It's that simple.

:smt045
Churches don't get vaccines. People do. People attend churches.

You conclude that a church is a fraud because the people who attend it got vaccinated for their own personal reasons?

The hoops you jump through to connect things is really quite something. I don't have enough creativity to see the boogeyman everywhere I look.

Bsuds is right. The churches want your money. It's a business.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Another Christian cult pastor nut case. Steer very clear from such dangerous lunatics. Similar has occurred in North America.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/19/africa/k ... index.html

Watch the video in the link.
Last edited by nepal on Aug 18th, 2023, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”