Get super rich. Start a church

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: Get super rich. Start a church

Postby nepal » May 2nd, 2019, 6:10 am

Here is a heartening example of how humanity can actually do real selfless good for other people. It is inspiring to see these individuals personally do good for others who are disadvantaged. :up:
I’m sure there are other examples of true selfless goodness in the valley, such as providing soup kitchens for destitute individuals.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-255206-21-.htm#255206
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 269 posts

Postby Hmmm » May 3rd, 2019, 12:37 am

True humanitarians who don't blow their own horns are even better. I find it disgusting to do an act of kindness and then have your picture taken and a news story written about you telling everyone. It takes aways much of the good . But Im happy those poor Hondurans got an ambulance... How about next time, do the good deed and keep it to yourself?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1117 posts

Postby LANDM » May 3rd, 2019, 6:38 am

A different perspective would be that it may trigger someone else to do something similar to help others and that is worthwhile.

Or, if one wanted a more cynical viewpoint, it would be easier to argue expenses with CRA when there is a newspaper article proving this was done.

Or they are just proud of what they did.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 4438 posts

Postby Hmmm » May 3rd, 2019, 9:13 pm

LANDM wrote:A different perspective would be that it may trigger someone else to do something similar to help others and that is worthwhile.

Or, if one wanted a more cynical viewpoint, it would be easier to argue expenses with CRA when there is a newspaper article proving this was done.

Or they are just proud of what they did.

I think it would have a positive effect and encourage people to do something. But it is a two edge sword I feel. Its just my personal feelings. When I give to some cause and they want to add my name to a list or put it up, I always decline. I mention it here, because you don't know who I am. I am happy that they did give the ambulance though, really. I think they would have more persnal fulfilment if they humbly kept it to themselves though. JMO.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1117 posts

Postby nepal » May 16th, 2019, 11:06 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby nepal » May 16th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Maybe it’s better to just keep the fraudsters in church.
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality