Question for Creationists

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Question for Creationists

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 14th, 2018, 7:38 pm

What evidence is there?
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5945
Likes: 9200 posts
Liked in: 4899 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby 1nick » Aug 15th, 2018, 6:14 am

1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3948
Likes: 319 posts
Liked in: 1028 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby youjustcomplain » Aug 15th, 2018, 8:25 am

Omnitheo wrote:What evidence is there?


It wouldn't be called faith if evidence was required. :)
youjustcomplain
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 915
Likes: 254 posts
Liked in: 569 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby Hmmm » Aug 15th, 2018, 10:37 pm

What is a creationist? Please define.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
User avatar
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2735
Likes: 400 posts
Liked in: 1117 posts
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby 1nick » Aug 16th, 2018, 6:09 am

Creationism: Where a magical sky Dad came from nothing, created everything from nothing, then created humans from a bit of dust and a rib. After those six days of physical labour he had a lie down because he was right knackered.
Don’t ask about the dinosaurs (these aren’t the droids you’re looking for)
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3948
Likes: 319 posts
Liked in: 1028 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby Hmmm » Aug 16th, 2018, 7:02 am

1nick wrote:Creationism: Where a magical sky Dad came from nothing, created everything from nothing, then created humans from a bit of dust and a rib. After those six days of physical labour he had a lie down because he was right knackered.
Don’t ask about the dinosaurs (these aren’t the droids you’re looking for)

That’s your definition I guess FYI smarty pants. Not all people who believe in creation are creationists. Did you already know that and just chose to be ignorant and sarcastic?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
User avatar
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2735
Likes: 400 posts
Liked in: 1117 posts
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby 1nick » Aug 16th, 2018, 7:49 am

It’s the Cole’s notes version.
Give us your version. Or were you just trolling too?
Better yet, answer the question.

3 people like this post.
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3948
Likes: 319 posts
Liked in: 1028 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby Hmmm » Aug 16th, 2018, 8:47 am

1nick wrote:It’s the Cole’s notes version.
Give us your version. Or were you just trolling too?
Better yet, answer the question.

Yours coles notes version is not correct. Like about everything I ever hear from many here. Strong opinions and statements along with clear evidence you don’t know what you’re talking about. In other words just repeating lies and fallacies.

Since most here probably don’t know what a creationist is I’ll provide some info. They usally believe the earth is 7000 years old and was created in 6 literal days. Also, many believe dinosaurs bones were planted in the earth by demons in order to confuse people. In other words they are nuts and religious fanatics.

Those who believe in a creator are not always creationists. I certainly am not.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
User avatar
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2735
Likes: 400 posts
Liked in: 1117 posts
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 16th, 2018, 10:14 am

I’m specifically referring the diversity of life on the planet.

You’ve made it clear in other threads you don’t don’t believe in the scientific facts of evolution. Here’s a place for you to provide evidence for whatever alternate hypothesis you might have.
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5945
Likes: 9200 posts
Liked in: 4899 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby Hmmm » Aug 16th, 2018, 10:18 am

Omnitheo wrote:I’m specifically referring the diversity of life on the planet.

You’ve made it clear in other threads you don’t don’t believe in the scientific facts of evolution. Here’s a place for you to provide evidence for whatever alternate hypothesis you might have.

Thank you but I detest the ideas of creationists and therefore will not participate and be identified as one.. I don't believe the demons planted dinosaur bones to mislead people. for example.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
User avatar
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2735
Likes: 400 posts
Liked in: 1117 posts
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby Sparki55 » Aug 16th, 2018, 10:23 am

Hmmm wrote:Since most here probably don’t know what a creationist is I’ll provide some info. They usally believe the earth is 7000 years old and was created in 6 literal days. Also, many believe dinosaurs bones were planted in the earth by demons in order to confuse people. In other words they are nuts and religious fanatics.

Those who believe in a creator are not always creationists. I certainly am not.


So what do people believe in who believe in a creator that designed the earth (not in 6 days). Did the creator put dinosaurs on earth first and then didn't like those so tried out humans next? I'm puzzled on the difference besides just the timeline you mention.
Sparki55
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 988
Likes: 620 posts
Liked in: 893 posts
Joined: Feb 24th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 16th, 2018, 11:35 am

Hmmm wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:I’m specifically referring the diversity of life on the planet.

You’ve made it clear in other threads you don’t don’t believe in the scientific facts of evolution. Here’s a place for you to provide evidence for whatever alternate hypothesis you might have.

Thank you but I detest the ideas of creationists and therefore will not participate and be identified as one.. I don't believe the demons planted dinosaur bones to mislead people. for example.


I said whatever alternate hypothesis. So you don’t believe evolution. You claim you’re not a creationist. So through what means did the diversity of life on this planet arise?
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5945
Likes: 9200 posts
Liked in: 4899 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby alanjh595 » Aug 16th, 2018, 12:07 pm

So what do people believe in who believe in a creator that designed the earth (not in 6 days).


Since time had not yet been defined and the written word had not yet been written, and we all know that cave paintings have been part of the art/record of history communication........
How can they be sure that it was actually 6 days? Maybe 6 days could have been defined as 6 years. Could have been 6 generations. Maybe 6 days of sunshine, since the last day is SUN day. Perhaps 6 ice age cycles. Could have been 6 ?????___________{fill in the blank}.
There are just too many possible explanations that are enough for me to have doubts about the bible.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 9873
Likes: 3857 posts
Liked in: 4842 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby youjustcomplain » Aug 16th, 2018, 3:58 pm

Hmmm wrote:Thank you but I detest the ideas of creationists and therefore will not participate and be identified as one.. I don't believe the demons planted dinosaur bones to mislead people. for example.


Omnitheo wrote:I’m specifically referring the diversity of life on the planet.
You’ve made it clear in other threads you don’t don’t believe in the scientific facts of evolution. Here’s a place for you to provide evidence for whatever alternate hypothesis you might have.


Hmmm. You don't have to feel attacked and as a result, defensive.
I'm also genuinely quite curious how you reconcile the diversity of life on our planet while dismissing the theory of evolution if you do not subscribe to the creationist ramblings which, as you put it, belong only to religious fanatics of which you are not.

You sound fairly confident in yourself, so I'd expect that you'd be open to having your thoughts on the subject challenged just as you've offered a challenge to evolutionists way of thinking.

We should be ok with having a civil discourse on the subject.
youjustcomplain
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 915
Likes: 254 posts
Liked in: 569 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Question for Creationists

Postby cutter7 » Aug 16th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Omnitheo wrote:What evidence is there?



i've been watering my pet rock for years now and it hasn't evolved into life. is that proof enough?
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2414
Likes: 207 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2008, 11:11 am

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], sobrohusfat and 1 guest