What would you put in a bible?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: What would you put in a bible?

Postby 1nick » Feb 24th, 2019, 3:26 pm

Last edited by 1nick on Feb 24th, 2019, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dunno man, pretty sure that guy’s batsh$t crazy
1nick
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1034 posts

Postby 1nick » Feb 24th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Fancy wrote:Yes, you said that and that's nice - is that what you want to put in a bible?

No I was just responding to your off topic reply to my off topic reply which was an off topic reply to your off topic reply to an off topic reply that Thinktanked posted.....thnx thinktanked.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Postby Thinktank » Mar 5th, 2019, 9:10 am

Mark 16:18 - They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Image WARNING - DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

Mathew 19:21 - Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Image WARNING - DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

I would put a warning sign on every scripture that you should never try to do. There are hundreds. And maybe a :up: for the good scriptures.
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 622 posts

Postby Thinktank » Mar 6th, 2019, 8:05 am

I would put in the bible: The biggest mistake the bible ever made was to make it sound
like IT'S A GOOD THING when a poor person gives away all their money to a church.

^ that's not a good thing and never was. And I think every Christian pastor and preacher on earth is guilty
of a crime when they try convince people that Jesus believed it was a good thing for poor people to become even more poor
than they were by giving money away.

No church on earth really needs more money.
^ the 11th commandment
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 622 posts

Postby cutter7 » Mar 7th, 2019, 12:28 am

I would put a disclaimer.

*warning* this book is a collection of stories over many years from different people.

There are only 10 commandments from God please try to keep the 10 commandments and not somebodies interpretation of any story.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 228 posts

Postby capleton » Mar 7th, 2019, 9:38 am

cutter7 wrote:I would put a disclaimer.

*warning* this book is a collection of stories over many years from different people.

There are only 10 commandments from God please try to keep the 10 commandments and not somebodies interpretation of any story.

If its a collection of stories made over the years then its not the word of god. In other words the Bible is man made and is about divine as a turnip .
capleton
Board Meister

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby cutter7 » Mar 7th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Still only 10 commandments from God. I have yet to hear any anti bible crusaders argue against those 10 commandments
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby 1nick » Mar 7th, 2019, 9:02 pm

You’re obviously not very thorough in interweb searches then.
I know you won’t watch this vid but, you should.

youjustcomplain likes this post.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Postby cutter7 » Mar 8th, 2019, 3:04 am

1nick wrote:You’re obviously not very thorough in interweb searches then.
I know you won’t watch this vid but, you should.

I tried to watch but this guy is so dry and uncaptivating I clicked off before he got to the 3rd commandment ( he really had nothing of substance for the first 2)

Back to your response, If you read these religious threads you find people like yourself condemning the bible and religion yet you fail to find fault with the 10 commandments
Naturally if you insist on looking for something you are bound to find it and you have found Christopher Hitchens, an atheist desperately wasting his breath and time on something he doesn't believe in.

You also seem to devote much of your time on religious threads trying to convince unlistening ears of your atheism.

The only question I have for you is why?
I don't believe in Santa claus and you will never find me spending all my time at the mall during Christmas just to tell people Santa isn't real.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby 1nick » Mar 8th, 2019, 5:22 am

Fail.
I knew you wouldn’t watch it. Hitchens was one of the sharpest minds we had. And easily took to task all the religious nonsense.
I’m not an atheist, I’m an anti-theist. As in I’m against humans who spread lies and bs and make claims they know a god exists, when they have no way of knowing such a thing.

“Naturally if you insist on looking for something you are bound to find it” Do you see the irony in your statement?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Postby Omnitheo » Mar 8th, 2019, 2:39 pm

cutter7 wrote:Still only 10 commandments from God. I have yet to hear any anti bible crusaders argue against those 10 commandments

Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4910 posts

Postby Glacier » Mar 8th, 2019, 4:02 pm

capleton wrote:If its a collection of stories made over the years then its not the word of god. In other words the Bible is man made and is about divine as a turnip .

You haven't been keeping up with Jordan Peterson then. A message can be "divine" without being a true story. Some of the best lessons in the Bible are parables. There are different genres of literature. A lot of scholars believe that Job and other passages were not of the literal kind. Some of the best stories in recent centuries that tell of very real truths are fiction. Brave New World, 1984, Hans Christian Andersen stories are a few examples.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12745 posts

Postby capleton » Mar 8th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Glacier wrote:
capleton wrote:If its a collection of stories made over the years then its not the word of god. In other words the Bible is man made and is about divine as a turnip .

You haven't been keeping up with Jordan Peterson then. A message can be "divine" without being a true story. Some of the best lessons in the Bible are parables. There are different genres of literature. A lot of scholars believe that Job and other passages were not of the literal kind. Some of the best stories in recent centuries that tell of very real truths are fiction. Brave New World, 1984, Hans Christian Andersen stories are a few examples.

I don't consider stories and parables to be divine, creative yes but that does not show any divinity and just shows humans have good imaginations at times.
capleton
Board Meister

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Mar 9th, 2019, 12:22 pm

capleton wrote:
I don't consider stories and parables to be divine, creative yes but that does not show any divinity and just shows humans have good imaginations at times.

Jordan Peterson makes all kinds of quack statements regarding divinity. for example did you know that it’s impossible to quit smoking without a divine experience? “You can have this divine experience too like as told in this book about getting high on peyote.”

Verum likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4910 posts

Postby 1nick » Mar 9th, 2019, 1:52 pm

I’ve never tried peyote.
That should be a commandment.
“Thou doest try peyote at least once in thine life”
1nick
Lord of the Board