Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby cutter7 » Dec 19th, 2018, 10:38 pm

capleton wrote:I thought Jebus supposedly made the laws of the Old Testament obsolete but you Christians quote the OT when it suits you, talk about cherry picking.


There are ten commandments, I don't have a problem with any of them
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2414
Likes: 207 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2008, 11:11 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby capleton » Dec 19th, 2018, 11:02 pm

The stuff in Jeremiah are not the 10 commandments though.

Glacier likes this post.
capleton
Board Meister
 
Posts: 353
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 146 posts
Joined: Oct 29th, 2017, 6:39 pm

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby averagejoe » Dec 19th, 2018, 11:06 pm

*removed*

Matthew 5:17
Christ Came to Fulfill the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2018, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not alter quotes.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14249
Likes: 4523 posts
Liked in: 3524 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby cutter7 » Dec 20th, 2018, 6:16 am

[quote="capleton"]The stuff in Jeremiah are not the 10 commandments though.[/quote
No they are not , Jeremiah says not to be like the people who cut down trees and decorate them.


What it does show is the bible recognizes the custom of cutting down trees and decorating them belong to others and tells us not to follow their custom

Because_They_Lie likes this post.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2414
Likes: 207 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2008, 11:11 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby 1nick » Dec 20th, 2018, 6:41 am

averagejoe wrote:
capleton wrote:I thought Jesus supposedly made the laws of the Old Testament obsolete but you Christians quote the OT when it suits you, talk about cherry picking.


You spelled Jesus wrong. I corrected it for you.

Matthew 5:17
Christ Came to Fulfill the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.



“Do not alter quotations”
It’s right there in the rules joe.
I dunno man, pretty sure that guy’s batsh$t crazy
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3956
Likes: 319 posts
Liked in: 1034 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby 1nick » Dec 20th, 2018, 6:47 am

cutter7 wrote:
capleton wrote:The stuff in Jeremiah are not the 10 commandments though.[/quote
No they are not , Jeremiah says not to be like the people who cut down trees and decorate them.


What it does show is the bible recognizes the custom of cutting down trees and decorating them belong to others and tells us not to follow their custom


Jerry was talking about Christmas trees? That some verbal gymnastics right there.
I guess he would have said that about the internet too, seeing it not of his custom, best log off cutter.
I dunno man, pretty sure that guy’s batsh$t crazy
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3956
Likes: 319 posts
Liked in: 1034 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby Glacier » Dec 20th, 2018, 10:33 am

cutter7 wrote:No they are not , Jeremiah says not to be like the people who cut down trees and decorate them.


What it does show is the bible recognizes the custom of cutting down trees and decorating them belong to others and tells us not to follow their custom

The last time I checked no one is worshiping their Christmas tree.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29938
Likes: 5072 posts
Liked in: 12745 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby 1nick » Dec 20th, 2018, 6:01 pm

That’s debatable.

3B86C39E-7C26-40A5-8685-B228F8F9DF92.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I dunno man, pretty sure that guy’s batsh$t crazy
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3956
Likes: 319 posts
Liked in: 1034 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby Glacier » Dec 20th, 2018, 7:40 pm

Making something beautiful doesn't mean you worship it. I make beautiful snakes with clay, and don't worship them.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29938
Likes: 5072 posts
Liked in: 12745 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby 1nick » Dec 20th, 2018, 9:17 pm

It’s a pot plant Glace.
Now I’m curious about your snakes.
I dunno man, pretty sure that guy’s batsh$t crazy
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3956
Likes: 319 posts
Liked in: 1034 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby cutter7 » Dec 21st, 2018, 4:10 am

Nick1, what Jeremiah says is not to do what they do , it describes people cutting down trees and decorating them.
No it does not use the word (christmas)

Kind of funny you feel the need to argue about a bible verse that actually supports what you are saying.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2414
Likes: 207 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2008, 11:11 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby cutter7 » Dec 21st, 2018, 4:26 am

Glacier wrote:
cutter7 wrote:No they are not , Jeremiah says not to be like the people who cut down trees and decorate them.


What it does show is the bible recognizes the custom of cutting down trees and decorating them belong to others and tells us not to follow their custom

The last time I checked no one is worshiping their Christmas tree.


Let's think about that. People decorate their trees , put presents under it, gather around it to open presents , take pictures and share them to show how good their tree looks etc.

As a Christian, how does this practice worship God?
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2414
Likes: 207 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2008, 11:11 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby sobrohusfat » Dec 21st, 2018, 5:18 am

Pagan charlatans.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAY THE BRIDGES I BURN LIGHT THE WAY
User avatar
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4586
Likes: 2434 posts
Liked in: 2340 posts
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:42 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby 1nick » Dec 21st, 2018, 8:34 am

cutter7 wrote:Nick1, what Jeremiah says is not to do what they do , it describes people cutting down trees and decorating them.
No it does not use the word (christmas)

Kind of funny you feel the need to argue about a bible verse that actually supports what you are saying.



I think it’s funny you’re making a big deal out of a Christmas tree.
Sounds like a barrel of laughs around your place this time of year.
You must be one of the best christians around. Been to any good stonings lately?
I dunno man, pretty sure that guy’s batsh$t crazy
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3956
Likes: 319 posts
Liked in: 1034 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Of course Christmas is a lie. But you knew that, right?

Postby Queen K » Dec 21st, 2018, 12:03 pm

cutter7 wrote:Let's think about that. People decorate their trees , put presents under it, gather around it to open presents , take pictures and share them to show how good their tree looks etc.

As a Christian, how does this practice worship God?


Giving presents was to imitate the offerings of the three wise men. Geez Louise. :135:
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 57055
Likes: 14368 posts
Liked in: 15607 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: Beside the Right Wingers, to light the way.

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests