Evolution denialism is back

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Evolution denialism is back

Postby Glacier » Feb 7th, 2019, 11:07 am

Only this time it's coming from the left instead of the right.

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2019 ... -the-left/
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

3 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12745 posts

Re: Evolution denialism is back

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 7th, 2019, 2:07 pm

VERY interesting article Glacier. :up:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4850 posts

Postby Ka-El » Feb 7th, 2019, 4:56 pm

That is a very interesting article and he makes some very good points. As Wright points out, it is very hard to provide any sort of biological explanation for transgender, multi-gender, whatever gender type of folk, and it makes sense to attribute such inclinations only to environmental factors (at the same time, as Wright also notes, the environment can be very cruel to these people). I do remember having some discussion of the possible factors that might explain homosexuality in an upper level psychology course where it was posited there was, in fact, an evolutionary explanation for homosexuality. That is, in times of great stress when it was not to the advantage of a species (homosexual behavior has been observed in more than just humans) to be reproducing there would be more occurrences of homosexuals. Hey, just a theory someone came up with, but it does skirt the issue of evolutionary denialism.

Anyways, right or left, it seems to me that when people are enticed to move from the centre in either direction their thinking gets more rigid and extreme. As you’ve noted elsewhere, intelligence is linked with openness (open to new ideas) and has been associated with the left. Personally, I think intelligence or rational and reasonable thought declines when a person’s thinking goes to the extremes in either direction.
Damn autocorrect; I'm sick and tired of your shirt.

5 people like this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6881 posts

Postby Davidjayjordan » Jun 17th, 2019, 6:58 am

Ka-El wrote:That is a very interesting article and he makes some very good points. As Wright points out, it is very hard to provide any sort of biological explanation for transgender, multi-gender, whatever gender type of folk, and it makes sense to attribute such inclinations only to environmental factors (at the same time, as Wright also notes, the environment can be very cruel to these people). I do remember having some discussion of the possible factors that might explain homosexuality in an upper level psychology course where it was posited there was, in fact, an evolutionary explanation for homosexuality. That is, in times of great stress when it was not to the advantage of a species (homosexual behavior has been observed in more than just humans) to be reproducing there would be more occurrences of homosexuals. Hey, just a theory someone came up with, but it does skirt the issue of evolutionary denialism.

Anyways, right or left, it seems to me that when people are enticed to move from the centre in either direction their thinking gets more rigid and extreme. As you’ve noted elsewhere, intelligence is linked with openness (open to new ideas) and has been associated with the left. Personally, I think intelligence or rational and reasonable thought declines when a person’s thinking goes to the extremes in either direction.

Theres no proof, evolution has ever changed the genders, and especially that the envirorment or stress ever changed the physical, or mental sex genes.
Evolution theory ONLY states mutations occur by luck and chance, never by the envirorment or need, or unavailability. Unavailability of the opposite gender has made women and men more inclined to partner with those of their own gender. Or man made laws make more and more same sex orientations necessary, when heterosexual love is outlawed, or temporal religious laws are strictly enforced.

But the next generation of children are the same as before..... no physical or mental or sexual change. Church people can take God made them male and female Genesis quote to try and say, there are ONLY two genders He ever made, but that's not proveable scientifically, as the external does not have to match the internal... besides church people don't believe God made sex, but that its devilish.... so there reasoning is rather confused, spiritually and biologically.

But Yes, the extremist hetrosexual attitude is dangerous and off center and very hurtful and divides a society, Love unites, superiority divides
Equality and Love is the Lords Basic, NOT self righteousness and pride.
Creation and Design is the Lords PLAN, NOT chaos and luck
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby Davidjayjordan » Jun 17th, 2019, 7:02 am

PS) Besides evolution of heterosexual sexual organs is absolutely ludicrous, as one organ doesn't mutate and change while it has to await, the evolutionary mutation of the corresponding sexual organ and functions of a slowly mutating corresponding sexual organ.

The only alternative theory is that BOTH organs luckily mutated simultaneously, and that is so ridiculous to be beyond sane scientific thought or even theory.

Simultaneous mutations of whole populations is utterly impossible, even though evolutionists have resorted to this to explain what they cant explain or throw it out, to cover their loss of words or proofs for transition species.

Can any evolutionists sanely defend this wilder than wild theory that the human transition population luckily mutated simultaneously all at once, forming our new transition species ?
Equality and Love is the Lords Basic, NOT self righteousness and pride.
Creation and Design is the Lords PLAN, NOT chaos and luck
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Liked in: 25 posts

Return to Religion & Spirituality