Is Atheism a religion?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Is Atheism a religion?

Post by alanjh595 »

This is the greatest video that expresses my feelings.

Bring back the LIKE button.
Able
Fledgling

Post by Able »

Glacier wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:There are thousands of gods you don’t believe in. Atheists just believe in one fewer.

He keeps saying he believes in "historical evidence" when there is none. He also refers to "biblical evidence" which is simply a myth promulgated by various writings. Biblical "evidence" is like saying "I believe in Hary Potter because I read about him in a book.
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Allow me the liberty to reply for deejay as he’s probably at his cult or on a street corner screaming at children.

Atheism is a religion because...
CDC0086B-50A6-44B9-B6C2-DFFAD67C96FE.png

See? Winning again, you dumb religious atheist/evolutionists.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:Atheists do not believe in any god. Nor do they believe themselves to be god. As much as you wish to project imagined beliefs into others, you cannot speak for anyone but yourself. “Gods” are little more than personifications given to natural forces in place of actual understanding. Civilization today has no need for Zeus or Thor as the source of lightning (beyond being entertaining stories). And we have no need for a vengeful deity to scare us into following laws, as we as a society have developed laws based around general compassion and social morals that are not based on any singular religion.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Venkman
Fledgling

Post by Venkman »

^I don't get the point of this video. A group of people who believe the same thing are part of a religion? So is believing that PS4 is better than Xbox One a religion? Believing dogs are better than cats is a religion?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

If the religious want to claim that atheism is a religion they can do so.
I don’t believe the religious and their claims that they know there is a god. That doesn’t make me religious with atheism but, if it makes them feel better to somehow equate my non-religion to theirs then fill your boots. It just doesn’t make it true.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Post by Davidjayjordan »

.. Let me make it simpler for atheists to understand what they believe in as they keep posting videos of other peoples opinions...

Atheists basically believe they are god. I repeat atheists reject God (Jesus) usually because they think God or a Supreme Being has been bad or unfair to them in the cards they have been dealt etc... or they didn't get their wishes fulfilled when praying, so forsook the faith and now only have faith in themselves as god and master of their fate.

Well they and all of us are masters of our fate because of the choices we make, but they reject the true loving Creator and replace it with themselves as god, and accept others that also accept themselves as god..... and lets say don't like anyone that says there is a God, and that Jesus loves them

Simple but pretty concise summation.. don't you think..atheists. Don't you think..atheists
Equality and Love is the Lords Basic, NOT self righteousness and pride.
Creation and Design is the Lords PLAN, NOT chaos and luck
Venkman
Fledgling

Post by Venkman »

Davidjayjordan wrote:Atheists basically believe they are god.

Nope. Don't you get tired of being wrong?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I’ll second. Nope.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Post by Davidjayjordan »

alanjh595 wrote:This is the greatest video that expresses my feelings.

Actually Im sure I would believe and like George Carlins video.... as religion is horrible, vile, false... its all about control and pride and elevating ones self esteem over other peoples. Religion is BS..totally. They hated Jesus.

Know the difference between spirituality and love versus pride and religion.

If you do, then you can laugh with George Carlin, and have even more faith in Jesus.

But sorry I don't wacth videos, but have seen and heard Geroge on TV quite a few times.... Good on him in most of what he says, not all but most. You have to have discernment.
Equality and Love is the Lords Basic, NOT self righteousness and pride.
Creation and Design is the Lords PLAN, NOT chaos and luck
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

Yes atheism must be a religion. Atheists tend to be the pushiest. They tend to sound exactly like religious people. Only difference is they believe in nothing. I think ateism is popular with younger people. As i get older. I find myself wanting to join a church
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm at work right now because I had to come in for a few hours to finish off last week's work. It's against my religion to drink water, so I just finished drinking all three dozen beer in the fridge. I have nothing to add to Castanet forums right now, but there are two bottles of rye whiskey one of moonshine in the cupboard. Once I finish those off I'll be able to tell you what I really think of your religious beliefs.

*Burrrp*

Back to work.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Atheism is no more a religion than non-stamp collecting is a hobby.

It’s that simple.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

Omnitheo wrote:Atheism is no more a religion than non-stamp collecting is a hobby.

It’s that simple.

Except man who does not collect stamps. Rarely tries to argue with a stamp collector about stamps. Can the atheists among us say they never argue about religions. No they can not. Look at the religious threads. Most of the comments are from rude people trying to be rude. A few are people actually asking normal questions or sharing information. The rest is just Godless people spouting off how their way is better. Blah blah blah. It sounds the same as 2 Irishmen fighting over the Celts or Rangers.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Stamp collectors keep their hobby to themselves and play with their stamps at home. I’ve never been told by a stamp collector I must collect stamps or stamps are the way to truth. “What you don’t collect stamps!? Ah well, let me tell you all about stamps and how you need stamps in your life because you could burn in hell if not”

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”