Is Atheism a religion?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: Is Atheism a religion?

Postby Davidjayjordan » Jun 24th, 2019, 8:05 am

Country plough boy wrote:Yes atheism must be a religion. Atheists tend to be the pushiest. They tend to sound exactly like religious people. Only difference is they believe in nothing. I think ateism is popular with younger people. As i get older. I find myself wanting to join a church

Don't trade one religious system for another. Atheists love company as do religious people. This is sort of true as we are meant to be with others as we are tribal by nature and design. But don't join a false church system just because you want company in your old age, join a true Christian independent fellowship somewhere, if you can find one. Be specific and don't settle for a false church system, they want control of your mind and spirit, and it wont be the freedom and happiness that Jesus promised.

But Yes, young people are taught atheism, evolution and worse in schools now, and almost demand compliance and adoption of atheistic values. Young people have it rough
Equality and Love is the Lords Basic, NOT self righteousness and pride.
Creation and Design is the Lords PLAN, NOT chaos and luck
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby Davidjayjordan » Jun 24th, 2019, 8:08 am

Glacier wrote:I'm at work right now because I had to come in for a few hours to finish off last week's work. It's against my religion to drink water, so I just finished drinking all three dozen beer in the fridge. I have nothing to add to Castanet forums right now, but there are two bottles of rye whiskey one of moonshine in the cupboard. Once I finish those off I'll be able to tell you what I really think of your religious beliefs.

*Burrrp*

Back to work.

Yup, that's another religion, that some people get into..... not just alcholics but workaholics..... they just mindlessly spend their whole lives working, and never think beyond the next beer or shot of whisky.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Postby youjustcomplain » Jun 24th, 2019, 8:56 am

Davidjayjordan wrote:But Yes, young people are taught atheism, evolution and worse in schools now, and almost demand compliance and adoption of atheistic values. Young people have it rough

Is it your position then that the topic of religion should not be taught at school? If schools should teach about religion, then it seems logical to also teach about non religion. Evolution has been a scientific theory for about 150 years. This mean, it has not been refuted in all that time, other than by the religious who provide no evidence to suggest that the theory is false. Why shouldn't that sort of theory be taught in school? It's science.

What is an atheistic value?
Atheism is the lack of believe in a god or gods. That isn't a value, and that is the only think that atheism is. There is nothing else to atheism, so what would an atheistic value be? You really should stop making things up.

Young people have it rough? I don't think it's ever been easier to be a young person.

2 people like this post.
youjustcomplain
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 569 posts

Postby capleton » Jun 24th, 2019, 9:06 am

Country plough boy wrote:Yes atheism must be a religion. Atheists tend to be the pushiest. They tend to sound exactly like religious people. Only difference is they believe in nothing. I think ateism is popular with younger people. As i get older. I find myself wanting to join a church

Atheism is nothing like a religion, we have no churches, no priests, no holy books and don't worship gods so how is it like a religion again? Atheists are pushy huh? I haven't had a atheist preacher come to my door on a Sunday morning but i Have had plenty of Christian preachers come at that time, so your claim that atheists are pushy is obviously false.
Yeah its easier to believe in a imaginary god in the sky then use logic and reason, so go ahead and join your pathetic church.

2 people like this post.
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 145 posts

Postby Davidjayjordan » Jun 24th, 2019, 2:50 pm

youjustcomplain wrote:
Davidjayjordan wrote:But Yes, young people are taught atheism, evolution and worse in schools now, and almost demand compliance and adoption of atheistic values. Young people have it rough

Is it your position then that the topic of religion should not be taught at school? If schools should teach about religion, then it seems logical to also teach about non religion. Evolution has been a scientific theory for about 150 years. This mean, it has not been refuted in all that time, other than by the religious who provide no evidence to suggest that the theory is false. Why shouldn't that sort of theory be taught in school? It's science.

What is an atheistic value?
Atheism is the lack of believe in a god or gods. That isn't a value, and that is the only think that atheism is. There is nothing else to atheism, so what would an atheistic value be? You really should stop making things up.

Young people have it rough? I don't think it's ever been easier to be a young person.

Education now is a dumbed down academic forced indoctrination to make graduates non thinkers and un critical and just accept what the elite tell them..dumb dumb sheep and never rock the boat , just accept what you their elders force them to accept, without question. Just obey.

Real thinkers think... it is the glory of God to conceal a matter, the glory of kings and students to search it out. Search darn yas search... have some *****.

Atheists are ahppy with their voids, and nothingness, leave them alone they be blind leaders of the blind and both shall ***** into the ****
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Postby Davidjayjordan » Jun 24th, 2019, 2:52 pm

capleton wrote:

Atheism is nothing like a religion, we have no churches, no priests, no holy books and don't worship gods so how is it like a religion again? Atheists are pushy huh? I haven't had a atheist preacher come to my door on a Sunday morning but i Have had plenty of Christian preachers come at that time, so your claim that atheists are pushy is obviously false.
Yeah its easier to believe in a imaginary god in the sky then use logic and reason, so go ahead and join your pathetic church.

Go to University or High School they force it on all those students in the congregation that must obey and repeat allegiance to the god of evolution and nothingness. Everyday, day after day, every channel day after day... and on and on, and they never explain any proofs for their religion of evolution, just obey and repeat untrue mantras/
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Postby alanjh595 » Jun 24th, 2019, 2:56 pm

University and high schools allow the students to choose for themselves. It's up to their parents to teach it.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4842 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jun 24th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Davidjayjordan wrote: the congregation that must obey and repeat allegiance to the god of evolution and nothingness. Everyday, day after day, every channel day after day... and on and on, and they never explain any proofs for their religion of evolution, just obey and repeat untrue mantras/

That sounds more like what happens at a Church to me. Then the have the nerve to pass a basket around demanding money! :200:
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

davis123 likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13230 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jun 24th, 2019, 4:28 pm

Davidjayjordan wrote: Go to University or High School they force it on all those students in the congregation that must obey and repeat allegiance to the god of evolution and nothingness.

Apparently you haven't been to either a university or a high school. That would be a good place to start :smt045
Damn autocorrect; I'm sick and tired of your shirt.

3 people like this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6832 posts

Postby Davidjayjordan » Jun 25th, 2019, 8:05 am

alanjh595 wrote:University and high schools allow the students to choose for themselves. It's up to their parents to teach it.

Schools teach morality, they are the new parents of our children and their worldly morals are hardly moral. They have taught kids to be lazy, non thinkers, yet preaching that they are the most advanced of all generations, even if they cant spell, or do math etc etc.. Kids are now brainwashed into total compliance and new age indoctrination....and lack of morals.

Besides evolution is their SECOND BOOK of their Worldly Bible forced on our students.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Postby Davidjayjordan » Jun 25th, 2019, 8:08 am

Ka-El wrote:
Davidjayjordan wrote: Go to University or High School they force it on all those students in the congregation that must obey and repeat allegiance to the god of evolution and nothingness.

Apparently you haven't been to either a university or a high school. That would be a good place to start :smt045

Wake up, its no different than in my day, when they tried to force it on me via the real threat that I would fail the compulsory Univerity course at 3rd year level, and hence be unable to graduate. I graduated and went on to the real world as a Christian Missionary for fifty years.

Christianity works, intelligence works, atheism doesn't work and is sheer nothingness, and leads no where. But its your choice, yield to the forced indoctrination at schools or be free from their intimidations and make your own choice..
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Postby Davidjayjordan » Jun 25th, 2019, 8:11 am

In the 3rd world, they haven't got much funding for schools but their text books are way superior to Canadian Books, the teachers are committed, and do it mainly for the students rather than HERE where it is done mainly for money, teachers demand homework from students, students progress and learn, and don't spend year after year as in Western dumbed down high schools going over the same material, and yet never learn.

Out kids skipped two grades when coming HERE from there, because they were so advanced academically.

And there, they were not taught atheism and evolution, just respect and biology.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality