So any evidence of Noah's Flood?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: So any evidence of Noah's Flood?

Postby Omnitheo » Jul 21st, 2019, 10:14 am

I remember the great flood. In the year of our lord 2017, He cast down waters upon the downtown and lakefront sinners. One resident, seeing the catastrophe ahead loaded two of each their animals. Their two cats and two hamsters in a vehicle and travelled elsewhere to weather the storm before returning to settle once the waters receded.

2 people like this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4899 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jul 21st, 2019, 10:30 am

I seen that too, but what I saw was, that the couple was loading their 2 cars with their 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 suitcases for each. I am sure that they took 2 credit cards, passports, and 2 airplane tickets for each pair.
I don't know for sure, but I bet they doubled up on their insurance for their house, the 2 jet skis, and the dock and boat coverage.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Omnitheo likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4842 posts

Postby cutter7 » Aug 10th, 2019, 6:52 am

cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 228 posts

Postby capleton » Aug 10th, 2019, 9:48 am

The average thickness of sedimentary rocks around the world in the continents that were supposedly deposited by Noah’s flood is about 1,800 meters). If just 1 percent of this thickness represents fossil remains of marine animals that were alive at the same time during Noah’s flood, then the whole world would have been covered with 59 feet of living marine animals, such as clams, snails, corals, trilobites, and sponges. That many animals living at the same time during that single year would have been impossible. The value of 1 percent is not unreasonable when some limestone layers are composed of nearly 100 percent fossils. Even if 0.1 percent of the sedimentary rock thickness contained all marine animals that were alive at the same time in the year of Noah’s flood, that means that the whole world would have been covered with 5.9 feet of animals, and that still is too many animals.
The impossible numbers of fossils of coccoliths , radiolarians, and sea lilies are illustrative of this fact. Moreover, if only one out of 10,000 animals living on the land are preserved as fossils in the sedimentary rocks deposited by Noah’s flood, then Noah would have had no space in which he, his family, and cattle could have existed with all these creatures living at the same time, particularly if tens of thousands of huge dinosaurs were alive when Noah lived prior to the flood. So that youtube video there is a bunch of nonsense and fossils actually disprove the Flood.
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 145 posts

Postby cutter7 » Aug 11th, 2019, 7:49 am

I almost did not post it due to the fact that the comment section was turned off, to me it shows they are not open to discussion.

what I did find interesting was the comments on fossils not showing evolution but showing death instead.

the lack of fossils showing intermediate species is something that i have been saying for years.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 11th, 2019, 9:26 am

Except there is no shortage of intermediate fossils.
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby oldtrucker » Aug 11th, 2019, 4:00 pm

capleton wrote: a 900 year old guy

Noah was 950 when he died. Well...actually if he, or his other super long lived bible friends even existed, he actually would have been 71 years and 1 month.
If it's a partially true oral story, it could be 8000 years old or older, which tells me those people of that time and area may have used lunar orbits and cycles instead of solar.
Lunar orbit is 27.3 days / 365 days/yr = 13.36 lunar orbits/year. 950/13.36= 71.1 solar years old.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.

Bsuds likes this post.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby cutter7 » Aug 11th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Except there is no shortage of intermediate fossils.

According to the video the few suspected transitional fossils believed to show possible evolution have been discredited
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby youjustcomplain » Aug 12th, 2019, 8:03 am

cutter7 wrote:I almost did not post it due to the fact that the comment section was turned off, to me it shows they are not open to discussion.

what I did find interesting was the comments on fossils not showing evolution but showing death instead.

the lack of fossils showing intermediate species is something that i have been saying for years.

I know this won't change your opinion. I know it won't make you question your beliefs. You probably won't even click the link.
Please though, stop spreading the lies. You just don't know anything about evolution.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/_0_0/lines_03
youjustcomplain
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 569 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 12th, 2019, 8:43 am

cutter7 wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:Except there is no shortage of intermediate fossils.

According to the video the few suspected transitional fossils believed to show possible evolution have been discredited

Literally every fossil is transitional, as species don’t stop evolving. There are fossils showing intermediate stages between ancient clades and living species today. Archeopteryx and man other species showing the evolution of dinosaurs to birds.

Fossils showing snakes with vestigial legs. The emergence of shoulders in fish right up to developing legs. Like I said, there is no shortage of fossils being discovered.
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby bcpete53 » Aug 14th, 2019, 5:18 am

Is this enough evidence for you?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IoTkguzRaCU
bcpete53

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby 1nick » Aug 14th, 2019, 7:24 am

Nope. And right off the hop in that video it looks like they’re about to sacrifice a goat, lol.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/noah3 ... discovery/
I dunno man, pretty sure that guy’s batsh$t crazy
1nick
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1028 posts

Postby capleton » Aug 15th, 2019, 10:31 am

Do it in your own words. I am not watching another creatard video, the first one was dumb enough.
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 145 posts

Postby cutter7 » Aug 19th, 2019, 7:50 am

youjustcomplain wrote:
cutter7 wrote:I almost did not post it due to the fact that the comment section was turned off, to me it shows they are not open to discussion.

I know this won't change your opinion. I know it won't make you question your beliefs. You probably won't even click the link.
Please though, stop spreading the lies. You just don't know anything about evolution.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/_0_0/lines_03

Meh, wrong - I am not afraid to learn

Your article uses words and phrases "seems" and "we would expect to see" that tell us they are guessing based on what they see.
Go ahead believe somebodies guesses

I will continue to believe in intelligent design until somebody can explain how life began from rocks and dirt

My guess? It cant be done
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby youjustcomplain » Aug 19th, 2019, 8:28 am

cutter7 wrote:Meh, wrong - I am not afraid to learn

Your article uses words and phrases "seems" and "we would expect to see" that tell us they are guessing based on what they see.
Go ahead believe somebodies guesses

I will continue to believe in intelligent design until somebody can explain how life began from rocks and dirt

My guess? It cant be done

Maybe there was something wrong with my link? It was about transitional forms, and the fossils left behind. So many christians seem to try to toss out all of evolution by making a completely false claim that there are no transitional fossils. I've provided you a link that explains some, and the response returned from you is that you'd rather keep your head in the sand because of something completely unrelated to transitional fossils?

What are you looking for exactly? If I could go back 100 million years and run a time lapse for you so you could watch it all on your screen, would you believe it to be true then? Or would you still pretend it's not real just so you can fear your god?

2 people like this post.
youjustcomplain
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 569 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality