So any evidence of Noah's Flood?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: So any evidence of Noah's Flood?

Postby cutter7 » Aug 19th, 2019, 8:48 am

There are many humans today with autosomal dominant diseases , I can picture your great grand children trying to sell it as evolution.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 228 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 19th, 2019, 8:57 am

cutter7 wrote:I will continue to believe in intelligent design until somebody can explain how life began from rocks and dirt

My guess? It cant be done

Except life didn’t begin from rocks and dirt. That is not evolution, and no scientists are claiming such. Your misunderstanding is not an argument. It would be like you saying:
“I will continue to believe the sun is god until someone can explain how fire can burn in space”.

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Aug 19th, 2019, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait removed

capleton likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4899 posts

Postby youjustcomplain » Aug 19th, 2019, 11:42 am

cutter7 wrote:There are many humans today with autosomal dominant diseases , I can picture your great grand children trying to sell it as evolution.

So the fact that diseases can be passed from generation to generation is support for our understanding of genetics. Is this just another shift of subject to intentionally obfuscate the facts?
How would any genetic disease not be directly tied to evolution? Remember, humans are not a final product of evolution. We're just a transitional species, heading nowhere because there is no goal post or end zone.

2 people like this post.
youjustcomplain
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 569 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Aug 19th, 2019, 2:37 pm

youjustcomplain wrote:
cutter7 wrote:There are many humans today with autosomal dominant diseases , I can picture your great grand children trying to sell it as evolution.

So the fact that diseases can be passed from generation to generation is support for our understanding of genetics. Is this just another shift of subject to intentionally obfuscate the facts?
How would any genetic disease not be directly tied to evolution? Remember, humans are not a final product of evolution. We're just a transitional species, heading nowhere because there is no goal post or end zone.

Good point/s, "youjustcomplain". I like it. :up:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4842 posts

Postby cutter7 » Aug 19th, 2019, 3:23 pm

It certainly is a part of what you call evolution.

I am still waiting for an explanation on how we evolved from rocks and dirt.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby capleton » Aug 19th, 2019, 4:04 pm

cutter7 wrote:It certainly is a part of what you call evolution.

You clearly do not understand evolution at all, who says we evolved from rocks and dirt? no one and god magic is not an explanation for anything.
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 145 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 19th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Why would someone explain to you something that makes no sense and nobody is even claiming except yourself? Since you seem to think life evolved from rocks and dirt, how about you explain it?
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby Able » Aug 22nd, 2019, 12:00 pm

That is easy: first god created you personally, then he took all the rocks from your head and turned each one into another human, then he took all the compost your espousing, turned it into text and made it into several best selling books which are filled with myths and fantasies and are about as true and relevant as" The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" {also a best seller}.
To top it all off he kept you alive as proof that there really is a god and that he has a great sense of humor.
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.

alanjh595 likes this post.
Able
Fledgling

Liked in: 60 posts

Postby youjustcomplain » Aug 23rd, 2019, 7:21 am

Able wrote:That is easy: first god created you personally, then he took all the rocks from your head and turned each one into another human, then he took all the compost your espousing, turned it into text and made it into several best selling books which are filled with myths and fantasies and are about as true and relevant as" The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" {also a best seller}.
To top it all off he kept you alive as proof that there really is a god and that he has a great sense of humor.

And that is actually a better explanation than provided in the bible.
youjustcomplain
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 569 posts

Postby cutter7 » Aug 24th, 2019, 2:28 pm

Omnitheo wrote:

Why would someone explain to you something that makes no sense and nobody is even claiming except yourself? Since you seem to think life evolved from rocks and dirt, how about you explain it?

You are the evolutionist, how can life begin from nothing?

Oh yes what was it one of your great leaders said? Evolution happens so slowly over a long period of time we cant see it .
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby alanjh595 » Aug 24th, 2019, 3:32 pm

cutter7 wrote:You are the evolutionist, how can life begin from nothing?

Oh yes what was it one of your great leaders said? Evolution happens so slowly over a long period of time we cant see it .

Who do you refer to as, "one of your great leaders"?
alanjh595
Guru

Postby capleton » Aug 24th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Life beginning from nothing is not Evolution, try again. We can see numerous kinds of evidence for Evolution on a daily basis. How do you think germs and diseases get drug resistant over time?
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 145 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Aug 24th, 2019, 6:04 pm

capleton wrote:Life beginning from nothing is not Evolution, try again. We can see numerous kinds of evidence for Evolution on a daily basis. How do you think germs and diseases get drug resistant over time?

Excellent point. :up: :up: :up:
alanjh595
Guru

Postby cutter7 » Aug 25th, 2019, 5:43 am

capleton wrote:Life beginning from nothing is not Evolution, try again. We can see numerous kinds of evidence for Evolution on a daily basis. How do you think germs and diseases get drug resistant over time?

That is my point exactly.

You people miss the fact that many people have different views on evolution.

My question remains unanswered. How can life evolve from lifeless matter?

One theory scientists have adopted is that life began from bacteria found in the ocean , coral reefs If i remember correctly.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 25th, 2019, 9:49 am

cutter7 wrote:

That is my point exactly.

You people miss the fact that many people have different views on evolution.

My question remains unanswered. How can life evolve from lifeless matter?

One theory scientists have adopted is that life began from bacteria found in the ocean , coral reefs If i remember correctly.

Bacteria are alive. Coral reefs are created by a collection of living organisms. You seem to be confused by a great many things.

Biological Evolution is specifically about the diversity of life on the planet. And how new life forms have evolved from previous life forms.

Of you want to talk about the origin of life, that is something entirely different, though can be explained with chemical evolution. All organic life is made of organic chemicals. Chemicals and molecules which are naturally occurring, naturally forming, and have been detected on worlds outside ours. These molecules simply required the right conditions for them to become self replicating. This process however took over a billion years to occur on this planet. I’ve posted about chemical evolution before and how chains of amino acids can form and then assemble themselves into membranes or other structures.

Again though, this is completely outside the point of what we talk about when we speak evolution, and it appears any argument is wasted as you continue to ignore them in favour of your own flawed misunderstandings.
Omnitheo
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality