Origin of the rainbow

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
rgt

Origin of the rainbow

Post by rgt »

I wish to thank the city of Kelowna for its support of rainbow crossings as to me they are an extraordinary reminder of the Old Testament covenant that God made with mankind after he destroyed the whole earth with the flood. Only the survivors of the ark were left to start it all over again, and when God saw the destruction of the flood, He said to Noah, "I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth." And then God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of my covenant between me and the earth...Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." What a powerful reminder when we see the beauty of a rainbow. God's Word and promises are forever. The icing on the cake now for these rainbow crosswalks is for the City to set a cross at each end as another powerful reminder of the life, crucifixion, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and how that gives all mankind hope for eternity! Thank you City of Kelowna.
capleton
Banned

Re: Origin of the rainbow

Post by capleton »

You have not proved that Noah's flood actually happened. I gave you Christians a whole thread to try to prove it and you people failed miserably.
Last edited by capleton on Oct 3rd, 2019, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

" I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

God forgets things?
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

" I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

And then god unleashed plague after plague on said living creatures
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ranger66 wrote:" I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

God forgets things?

Sort of.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I’m sorry (apparently god is Canadian) I made humans even though I knew I was going to have to wipe them off the face of the earth because I knew I was creating a screw up primate. So anyway, sorry. Let’s have another kick at the can...
signed; all knowing, all seeing god.
PS. Slavery bad, what the hell was I thinking.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

rgt wrote:I wish to thank the city of Kelowna for its support of rainbow crossings as to me they are an extraordinary reminder of the Old Testament covenant that God made with mankind after he destroyed the whole earth with the flood. Only the survivors of the ark were left to start it all over again, and when God saw the destruction of the flood, He said to Noah, "I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth." And then God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of my covenant between me and the earth...Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." What a powerful reminder when we see the beauty of a rainbow. God's Word and promises are forever. The icing on the cake now for these rainbow crosswalks is for the City to set a cross at each end as another powerful reminder of the life, crucifixion, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and how that gives all mankind hope for eternity! Thank you City of Kelowna.

I’m sure the city appreciates your support of the rainbow crosswalks.
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”