When was the last time you read Revelations?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Re: When was the last time you read Revelations?

Post by 1nick »

Opportunistic proselytizing to the naive, gullible, or otherwise worried masses.
It really is deplorable and one is the lowest of the low to foist their fear mongering dogma on the susceptible at a time such as what we are experiencing today.
Our current situation really brings out the true colours of people.
And the colour of this thread is ugly.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Stay.on.topic.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Hmmm »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 31st, 2020, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Probably 50 years ago.
You and 71 others Like this post
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

Must be at least 20 years ago.

“Opportunistic proselytizing to the naive, gullible, or otherwise worried masses.”

The bible,
Quran
And all the rest. Keep your head up and stay safe
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

oldtrucker wrote:The book of Revelation has some parts that could be applied to what's happening now.
I guess given a long enough time line, all events in prophecies could eventually play out.
Did one of the Horsemen just show up?

Maybe 2 ;)
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

averagejoe wrote:Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Who is the one on the white horse? What is carried by that horse appears to be a saving grace.

Beautifully rendered, that picture.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

I have read in some cases that it's it Christ Myself......

The White Horse

I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. (Revelation 6:1-2)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

I may have started this thread but that doesn't mean I understand or believe it ( I don't really do religion) as it's really metaphorical and a lot of situations that have happened in history could be applied to it. It's open for interpretation to the situation. How does it apply to this time in history?
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

It applies exactly the same as it’s applied to every other time in history.
Plagues, locusts, earthquakes, volcanoes, droughts, antichrist figures have all come and gone and there will be plenty more after this present moment in time.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The Mark of the Beast 666
Scripture: Revelation 13:1-8, Revelation 14:9-18

Mark of the Beast

Will you accept the mark of the beast? Without it, you won’t be able to buy or sell. With it, you’ll suffer the plagues of Revelation. What should you do?

It seems that no subject has intrigued and baffled people more than this mysterious mark spoken of in the book of Revelation. Many books have been written and many sermons have been preached about this subject. Scholars and theologians have offered many different ideas about it.

Some suggest it is a microchip implanted in one’s forehead or an invisible mark or a visible mark. Some even think it could be one’s credit card or debit card.

But what does the Bible reveal about this puzzling mark?

The key passage reads: “He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name” (Revelation 13:16-17). Verse 18 identifies the related “number of the beast” as 666, which is covered in our article “666: The Number of the Beast.”

If one does not have one of these identifying signs, he or she will not be able to legally transact business. This person will find it difficult to earn a living, to hold a job or to run a business.

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/r ... the-beast/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
capleton
Board Meister

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:The book of Revelation has some parts that could be applied to what's happening now.
I guess given a long enough time line, all events in prophecies could eventually play out.
Did one of the Horsemen just show up?

There is a good chance we are starting to enter the Tribulation times?
Or even Jacob's Troubles....

With so much happening since Jan. 1st I would guess we have entered the turbulent 20'S.

We have increased of major earthquakes the past few years.
Massive levels of Locus now in Africa and Pakistan.
Massive storms, bigger and way more than there ever has been.
Flooding all over the world wiping out food sources.
Massive amounts of people moving around the world like the world has never seen
Massive fires destroying cities and large area's of countries.
Stock Market tumbling
etc, etc, etc....

Yes maybe the gates of hell are opening?
Yes maybe 1 of the Horsemen of has arrived and more to come!

That is not convincing because if you actually study history then you will see that there have always been earthquakes and locusts/ natural disasters. From the Plague of Justinian to the Black Death, Christians have always cited Revelation and said the world was ending or Jesus was coming back, yet you have all been wrong.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

[quote="averagejoe"][b]The Mark of the Beast 666[/b]
Scripture: Revelation 13:1-8, Revelation 14:9-18

Mark of the Beast

Will you accept the mark of the beast? Without it, you won’t be able to buy or sell. With it, you’ll suffer the plagues of Revelation. What should you do?

It seems that no subject has intrigued and baffled people more than this mysterious mark spoken of in the book of Revelation. Many books have been written and many sermons have been preached about this subject. Scholars and theologians have offered many different ideas about it.

Some suggest it is a microchip implanted in one’s forehead or an invisible mark or a visible mark. Some even think it could be one’s credit card or debit card.

But what does the Bible reveal about this puzzling mark?

The key passage reads: “He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name” (Revelation 13:16-17). Verse 18 identifies the related “number of the beast” as 666, which is covered in our article “666: The Number of the Beast.”

If one does not have one of these identifying signs, he or she will not be able to legally transact business. This person will find it difficult to earn a living, to hold a job or to run a business.

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/r ... the-beast/[/quote]

Well this is quite a relief then. Once I see multitudes of people with bar codes on the palms of their hands or on their foreheads I’ll start to worry.
cuba108
Fledgling

Post by cuba108 »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Apr 10th, 2020, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you aren't interested in topic, don't post.
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Glacier »

I have my own interpretation of Revelations (at least for two of the chapters) that is far out there, and wayyyy too boring for everyone who is looking for apocalypse, Tribulation, anti-Christ, and the like.

I'm not even talking about how reliable or not the prophecies are, only how I interpret what they mean.

Maybe there are multiple simultaneous meanings, I don't know. I'm open minded to any and all interpretations, but the one that makes the most sense to me is the most basic and boring of them all. It's basically astrology that re-tells the coming of Jesus (the first time) using the constellations. When we think of the Wise Men in the Bible who followed the star, it kind of makes sense...

First watch this 3 minute video...

and then this longer one...

"For the first time in history the ineffectiveness of a medicine is being blamed on those who refuse to take it."
~ Dr. Robert Malone

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”