Adam & Eve

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
silversilverstone

Adam & Eve

Post by silversilverstone »

Just a thought, Q. How old was Adam & Eve when the almighty created them? They must have been old enough to fend for themselves, so are we to assume that they completely skipped their childhood and became instant adults? Q2 If Adam & Eve had two sons, Cain & Abel, did one, or both, do the dastardly deed with their own Mother to kick-start the old human race concept plus maybe include the odd daughter on the way? Not much of an example being set here. Fascinating though.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Adam & Eve

Post by Hmmm »

silversilverstone wrote:Just a thought, Q. How old was Adam & Eve when the almighty created them? They must have been old enough to fend for themselves, so are we to assume that they completely skipped their childhood and became instant adults? Q2 If Adam & Eve had two sons, Cain & Abel, did one, or both, do the dastardly deed with their own Mother to kick-start the old human race concept plus maybe include the odd daughter on the way? Not much of an example being set here. Fascinating though.

Genesis 5:4, ESV: "The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters." Genesis 5:4, NASB: "Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters."
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

So when Adam and Eve’s children became of age they had sex with each other. Shouldn’t we all have Habsburg jaw then?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I just have to give my opinion. :D

Adam and Eve were first man, first woman. Imagine how long the book of Genesis would be if it had 2nd man, 2nd woman, 3rd man, 3rd woman etc.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Once again the Bible is in conflict with reality. Evolution shows that there have never been just two people ever and basic biology says people do not live to be 800 or 900 years old.
Last edited by capleton on Jul 10th, 2020, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

"Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters."

Not sure how this changes anything the volume of children does not change their genetic makeup
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”