How come Jesus failed every single Messianic prophecy?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: How come Jesus failed every single Messianic prophecy?

Post by Hmmm »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 12th, 2020, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

I listed the most important ones, a Jewish person told me if Messiah claimant does not fulfill All of them then he isn't the Messiah. I find it odd that you were unable to list a single one that Jesus fulfilled.[/quote]

I’m not the one that made a claim. I simply refuted yours in a short and simple way. It’s not up to me to try and prove your claim.

I take particular comfort in Adverbs 3:6-8.
"Gibea did buryeth bushels of incense and was vain in the eyes of the Lord thy God."[/quote]

You didn't refute anything and Adverbs is not a Messianic prophecy. I know you Christians like to make up things up but c'mon. If Jesus is the Messiah then how come there is no world peace and why does the whole world not know Yahweh? Like I said if Jesus didn't fulfill one single prophecy then he is not the Messiah.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

I listed the most important ones, a Jewish person told me if Messiah claimant does not fulfill All of them then he isn't the Messiah. I find it odd that you were unable to list a single one that Jesus fulfilled.[/quote]

I’m not the one that made a claim. I simply refuted yours in a short and simple way. It’s not up to me to try and prove your claim.

I take particular comfort in Adverbs 3:6-8.
"Gibea did buryeth bushels of incense and was vain in the eyes of the Lord thy God."[/quote]

Do you really want me to list all of the Messianic prophecies?, that would be quite the essay and I don't think the Christians would or could ever respond to it.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Cap... you didnt answer my question. First I’ll ask you if you think Jesus even lived and is a historical person? Next, if he did live, when was he born? If you don’t believe he was a real person who lived in the first century CE then you will never except any prophecy he may or may not have fulfilled. What source of evidence would you except? Since much of his life and ministry is only recorded in the Bible? Would you except anything from the Bible as proof? I suspect no. Do you believe that first century christians were severely persecuted for their faith?

Let’s start with some base you would or wouldn’t except. I doubt we could even start but let’s we how sincere you really are...
Last edited by Hmmm on Aug 12th, 2020, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

capleton wrote:
Do you really want me to list all of the Messianic prophecies?, that would be quite the essay and I don't think the Christians would or could ever respond to it.

Yes, I would like that, since you are the one that claimed that "Jesus failed every single Messianic prophecy"

As clearly stated in 2nd Fleshalonians: Abigail, son of Eliashib did openeth canisters of papyrus and was vain in the eyes of the Lord thy God.
You and 71 others Like this post
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

LANDM wrote:
capleton wrote:

Yes, I would like that, since you are the one that claimed that "Jesus failed every single Messianic prophecy"

As clearly stated in 2nd Fleshalonians: Abigail, son of Eliashib did openeth canisters of papyrus and was vain in the eyes of the Lord thy God.

Address my OP first and then I will, at this point I can't really take you seriously. If Jesus is the Messiah then why is there no world peace, why has the Third Temple not been built?, how come Jesus does not fit the lineages that are required?
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Hmmm wrote:Cap... you didnt answer my question. First I’ll ask you if you think Jesus even lived and is a historical person? Next, if he did live, when was he born? If you don’t believe he was a real person who lived in the first century CE then you will never except any prophecy he may or may not have fulfilled. What source of evidence would you except? Since much of his life and ministry is only recorded in the Bible? Would you except anything from the Bible as proof? I suspect no. Do you believe that first century christians were severely persecuted for their faith?

Let’s start with some base you would or wouldn’t except. I doubt we could even start but let’s we how sincere you really are...
Last edited by Hmmm on Aug 12th, 2020, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think anything in the Bible is reliable besides some city and place names because the Bible is filled with false information and superstitious rubbish. Sure there may been been someone called Jesus but he was just one of the dozens of Messianic claimants that were roaming Judea at the time that. I can't accept the supernatural claims in the Bible like him rising from the dead or all his magic tricks like turning water into wine. Those are all things made up his desperate followers decades after his death based on pure imagination. Sure they were persecuted for their faith but the persecution of pagans and heretics like Arians after the Roman Emperors converted to Christianity were even worse, full of death camps and destruction of temples, plus the the destruction of the Library of Alexandria by zealous bloodthirsty Christian thugs.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

capleton wrote:
I don't think anything in the Bible is reliable besides some city and place names because the Bible is filled with false information and superstitious rubbish. Sure there may been been someone called Jesus but he was just one of the dozens of Messianic claimants that were roaming Judea at the time that. I can't accept the supernatural claims in the Bible like him rising from the dead or all his magic tricks like turning water into wine. Those are all things made up his desperate followers decades after his death based on pure imagination. Sure they were persecuted for their faith but the persecution of pagans and heretics like Arians after the Roman Emperors converted to Christianity were even worse, full of death camps and destruction of temples, plus the the destruction of the Library of Alexandria by zealous bloodthirsty Christian thugs.

Ok....thats what I thought...you posed a question, but these is no source you would except as to answer it to your satisfaction...next time, just make a statement and not a question... And for the record your whole premise is greatly flawed.. But thats another question and topic. So I wont play whack a mole with your question, since no source of proof is acceptable to you.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

capleton wrote:
LANDM wrote:

Address my OP first and then I will, at this point I can't really take you seriously. If Jesus is the Messiah then why is there no world peace, why has the Third Temple not been built?, how come Jesus does not fit the lineages that are required?

There is nothing to address in your OP since it literally begins with the flawed presumption, on your part, that you know every single Messianic prophecy and that you know that Jèsus failed every one of them. You then go on to list a tiny subset. To then expect others to subsequently rely on this is showing exactly who should not be taken seriously.

It only requires a quick reading and understanding of Misogynists 21:1-3 in which we can explore the premise of "Hattush, son of Ozem did coveteth pots of oil and was evil in the eyes of the God of Israel. They that praise the Holy One shalt be shielded from the pestilence; they shalt drive away decrepitude and villainy."
You and 71 others Like this post
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

That is complete gibberish.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Hmmm wrote:
capleton wrote:

Ok....thats what I thought...you posed a question, but these is no source you would except as to answer it to your satisfaction...next time, just make a statement and not a question... And for the record your whole premise is greatly flawed.. But thats another question and topic. So I wont play whack a mole with your question, since no source of proof is acceptable to you.

Well I trust what the Jews say about their own scripture even though I don't believe. They seem to be more trustworthy then Christians who's New Testament was made up by a bunch of old men on mushrooms.
Last edited by capleton on Sep 17th, 2020, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

ferri wrote:https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21553#p2499693

I'm surprised you haven't banned me yet.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 29th, 2020, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”