The Exodus

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
capleton
Board Meister

Re: The Exodus

Post by capleton »

youjustcomplain wrote:
capleton wrote:... and I don't have to show how the stories are not a myth...
Nope. You don't have to.
But, you made a claim. You claimed that everything in the bible was a myth. And now you're saying you don't have to defend that statement.

Do you happen to see the hypocrisy?

If someone attempts to defend the bible, (which I do not), you demand the show you evidence. But you claim it is completely false then go on to say you don't need to defend your statement.

I just feel that if you're going to demand evidence from believers when they make claims, you should also be willing to defend your position when you take one.
As for your other questions. I have never read any books on the history of that area of the world. I probably should though. Would be a good read. I don't really feel I need to reaffirm my position on the validity of the bible though as I already don't believe it's based on true story.
I don 't really feel compelled to reply to this because you completely failed to address anything I said. The Bible is myth because it fails at reality and is against every scientific discipline that is known as I explained above, they are fantastical stories that makes absurd claims. You mays as well ask me to show how the Greek stories aren't myths.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”