What's Coming series

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
tigerox
Board Meister

What's Coming series

Post by tigerox »

This is an interesting lecture series being held at the Enderby SDA church on evening weekends.
Currently live streaming now, Friday evening but one can watch the playlist of past evenings.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/live/6Hv1KrKols4?feature=share[/youtube]

It's regarding Bible prophecy, what has been fulfilled, and the present day situation going forward.

Matthew Schanche does podcasts for Amazing Discoveries as well.

Have a great weekend Okanaganians!
capleton
Board Meister

Re: What's Coming series

Post by capleton »

What Bible prophecies have been fulfilled again, the one where it says Jesus would come back in his disciples lifetime?
tigerox
Board Meister

Post by tigerox »

capleton wrote: May 6th, 2023, 12:24 pm What Bible prophecies have been fulfilled again, the one where it says Jesus would come back in his disciples lifetime?
If you're curious about the long discussed disputation on that particular matter,
https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archiv ... st-century

LaRondelle's in depth exposition might be heavy reading but it covers the nuanced argument regarding that particular framing of what Jesus said in Mark 13, Matthew 24, and Luke 21.

What Bible prophecies have been fulfilled? The book of Daniel contains prophecy, proven by dated manuscripts. As well as Isaiah and other OT Torah prophecies which have been carbon dated and confirmed to predate the events of which they foretold.

In Daniel 2, 7, and 8, the Bible foretells with stunning accuracy the five primary world powers that would arise, in their exact order. They are Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and the European divisions of Rome.
The Bible foretold that after Babylon's destruction, it would never be inhabited again (Isaiah 13:19, 20; Jeremiah 51:37). Former dictator of Iraq Saddam Hussein's grand goal was to rebuild the city, but he failed to do so before he was taken from power. It also foretold the destruction of Tyre.
Daniel 9 precisely foretells the year of Jesus' baptism and death. The Jewish Talmud places a curse on anyone who attempts to calculate the 70 weeks prophecy of Daniel (because it indisputably points to Jesus as the Messiah).

Prophecy about the Messiah:
1. Born in Bethlehem: Old Testament verse - Micah 5:2 Fulfillment NT verse - Matthew 2:1
2. Born of a virgin OT - Isaiah 7:14 NT - Matthew 1:18-23
3. Of David's lineage OT - Jeremiah 23:5 NT - Revelation 22:16
4. Attempted murder by Herod OT - Jeremiah 31:15 NT Matthew 2:16-18
5. Betrayal by a friend OT - Psalm 41:9 NT - John 13:18, 19, 26
6. Sold for 30 silver coins OT - Zechariah 11:12 NT - Matthew 26:14-16
7. Pierced OT - Zechariah 12:10 NT - John 19:16-18, 37
8. Lots cast for His clothes OT - Psalm 22:18 NT - Matthew 27:35
9. No bones broken OT - Psalm 34:20; Exodus 12:46 NT - John 19:31-36
10. Buried in a rich man's tomb OT - Isaiah 53:9 NT - Matthew 27:57-60
11. Year, day, and hour of His death OT - Daniel 9:26, 27; Exodus 12:6 NT - Matthew 27:45-50
12. Raised the third day OT - Hosea 6:2 NT - Acts 10:38-40

Now all of those prophecies concern Jesus and one could dismiss them as a Hegelian Jewish-Christian conspiracy,

And the prophecy in Isaiah 44 and 45 that mentions Cyrus by name over a hundred and fifty years before his birth, is what convinced him to allow the Jews to return from their Babylonian captivity. Daniel presented this to him and convinced him to do it, all this happened a long time ago, but there's other prophecy in the book of Daniel that was fulfilled shortly after the French Revolution.
so the prophecy in Daniel regarding the 1260 days (Day= 1 year in Biblical prophecy) regarding the little horn power exercising political power until it's "near mortal wound" is a modern examinable example of fulfilled prophecy, as the papacy was given political authority in 538 AD until Napoleon had his general, Louis-Alexandre Berthier march into the vatican and he arrested Pope Pious VI in the year 1798. This act removed political power from the papal emperor( which up until this point had dominion power, taking the title Pontifex Maximus from the preceding Caesars which used that title as a "God on earth" demarker). A really interesting historical look at the conflict between the papacy and Britain during Thomas Becket examines the interplay between this jurisdiction and that of the kings and lords of europe. A concession was made after Becket's execution, which resulted Henry II being whipped by monks and signing off in perpetuity the sovereignty of England and the crown to the Papal seat forever after. The Magna Carta was a political response to this(the lords of England pressured for it because they were tired of paying huge tribute to Rome) but was thereafter made void by king John who renegotiated with Rome and swore an oath that the crown would forever be retained by British kings but only as state actor and not actually owning the crown.
This is the origination of the City of London which along with Washington DC and Vatican City being a tri-confederacy of independent city states which are actually under the authority of the papacy.
This is also why, whenever the British monarchs meet with the pope, they wear subservient black. And also explains their Maltese cross regalia as they are the acting head of the knights of Malta which is the historical military branch of the Catholic church, which reformed the military-banking cartel of the knights Templar into the modern Maltese faction.

Prior to 538 AD the papacy wielded ecclesiastical power but enforced it's political ordinance through chain of command to the kings and emperors within the Roman kingdom.

Walter Veith's 36 part lecture series, Total Onslaught covers this and much more. A real eye opener regarding the history of the church and the formation of it's liturgical practices.
capleton
Board Meister

Post by capleton »

None of that are prophecies, just gibberish and bold empty claims/ Cherry picking OT verses that aren't even prophecies isn't very impressive. How come all of Ellen White's prophecies failed completely?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfulfill ... redictions
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I’m going to throw this out there just for the hell of it, also because of current events happening in middle-east.
For those who believe in the bible, something along the lines of 12 tribes coming back together into Israel.

what are your thoughts, on the subject. Good, bad or ugly.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

If Trump gets re-elected we'll know the prophecies of the anti-Christ were correct.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Ill chirp once in this. Good news is the bible prophecies soon to be fulfilled will be clearly seen by all. You will know for sure where these events are coming from. PS even when most see these with their own eyes, they will still reject God and his son. It'll mean your life at that point. No excuses. Clear signs that can only be from one source and you still reject God? Your life is on you at that point. Pharaoh of Egypt and most Egyptians also saw these and they too rejected God. So don't think that if you see any supernatural sign that you'll believe at that point you will probably still reject God. That too is in the prophecies.

I wont argue with you here... but just know again you have been informed.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

capleton wrote: May 6th, 2023, 3:34 pm None of that are prophecies, just gibberish and bold empty claims/ Cherry picking OT verses that aren't even prophecies isn't very impressive. How come all of Ellen White's prophecies failed completely?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfulfill ... redictions
Old prophets are the equivalent of today's psychics.
Sylvia Browne also wrote many books but no one started a man made religion over it.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Hmmm wrote: Nov 13th, 2023, 7:56 pm Ill chirp once in this. Good news is the bible prophecies soon to be fulfilled will be clearly seen by all. You will know for sure where these events are coming from. PS even when most see these with their own eyes, they will still reject God and his son. It'll mean your life at that point. No excuses. Clear signs that can only be from one source and you still reject God? Your life is on you at that point. Pharaoh of Egypt and most Egyptians also saw these and they too rejected God. So don't think that if you see any supernatural sign that you'll believe at that point you will probably still reject God. That too is in the prophecies.

Fear monger at it again.

They won’t argue with you here but,
“I’lL mEet yOu FoR cOfFeE iF yOu WaNt tO DiScUsS FUrtHer”

This is the mindset that gleefully anticipates the end times. Just in the hopes of saying “I told you so”
They look on to the happenings in the middle east right now, on the edge of their seats, saying “this is it, get your Heavens Gate Nikes on. We’re going to meet the big guy”

I should feel sorry for these people but, I just have contempt knowing that they shove this bile onto their children.
Disgusting.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

1nick wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 6:24 am
Hmmm wrote: Nov 13th, 2023, 7:56 pm Ill chirp once in this. Good news is the bible prophecies soon to be fulfilled will be clearly seen by all. You will know for sure where these events are coming from. PS even when most see these with their own eyes, they will still reject God and his son. It'll mean your life at that point. No excuses. Clear signs that can only be from one source and you still reject God? Your life is on you at that point. Pharaoh of Egypt and most Egyptians also saw these and they too rejected God. So don't think that if you see any supernatural sign that you'll believe at that point you will probably still reject God. That too is in the prophecies.

Fear monger at it again.

This is the mindset that gleefully anticipates the end times. Just in the hopes of saying “I told you so”
They look on to the happenings in the middle east right now, on the edge of their seats, saying “this is it, get your Heavens Gate Nikes on. We’re going to meet the big guy”

I should feel sorry for these people but, I just have contempt knowing that they shove this bile onto their children.
Disgusting.
Its not fear mongering at all. Non believers say they never see proof right? all Im stating is in fact there are prophecies still to be fulfilled that will give clear evidence to all. The evidence is given is so all will hopefully take the right side while there is still time. You dont think God should make it very clear to all before he brings destruction to all the wicked people causing so much misery on the planet? He wants all to live and that includes YOU. But like I said the Bible is very clear most will still reject God even when they see clear evidence. Im not rejecting him, each individual person has the option. PS I am looking forward to the fulfillment of these prophecies because it will mean an end to all suffering and wickedness. So yes I am looking forward to the end of all suffering.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:13 am
1nick wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 6:24 am

Fear monger at it again.

Disgusting.
Its not fear mongering at all. Non believers say they never see proof right? all Im stating is in fact there are prophecies still to be fulfilled that will give clear evidence to all. The evidence is given is so all will hopefully take the right side while there is still time. You dont think God should make it very clear to all before he brings destruction to all the wicked people causing so much misery on the planet? He wants all to live and that includes YOU. But like I said the Bible is very clear most will still reject God even when they see clear evidence. Im not rejecting him, each individual person has the option. PS I am looking forward to the fulfillment of these prophecies because it will mean an end to all suffering and wickedness. So yes I am looking forward to the end of all suffering.
You are most certainly fear mongering.
It’s the modus operandi of the death cult you belong to.
I hope you have no contact with children.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

1nick wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:56 am
Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:13 am
If you were God and wanted to bring an end to all suffering which means the people who are causing it, how would you do that? Do you think its just to warn them first and perhaps give them chances to make changes or just wipe them out? Or do nothing and let the sufferings go on forever? You have any other better ideas?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 8:08 am
1nick wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:56 am

If you were God and wanted to bring an end to all suffering which means the people who are causing it, how would you do that? Do you think its just to warn them first and perhaps give them chances to make changes or just wipe them out? Or do nothing and let the sufferings go on forever? You have any other better ideas?
Get rid of religion.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

1nick wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 8:19 am
Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 8:08 am
Get rid of religion.
So you dont have an actual answer I see. Anyways Im out of this. Have a good day and when you do see the extremely clear signs that will come I hope you make the right choice.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 8:37 am So you dont have an actual answer I see. Anyways Im out of this. Have a good day and when you do see the extremely clear signs that will come I hope you make the right choice.
That's OK, Hmmm, I'm still trying to figure out when "on evening weekends" is.

Referring to, and taking guidance from a people who existed 600 years before toilet paper and the toothbrush were invented, has never really made a lot of sense to me either.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”