What's Coming series

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
1nick
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4463
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: What's Coming series

Post by 1nick »

Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 8:37 am
1nick wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 8:19 am

Get rid of religion.
So you dont have an actual answer I see. Anyways Im out of this. Have a good day and when you do see the extremely clear signs that will come I hope you make the right choice.
Well I certainly don’t have all the answers (which you apparently do, for some unfounded reason) but doing away with these Abrahamic death cults is a good place to start.
Thnx for closing your post with more fear mongering.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2054
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: What's Coming series

Post by youjustcomplain »

Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:13 am Its not fear mongering at all. Non believers say they never see proof right?
Broad strokes. Non believers in god still believe in lots of things that they don't have "proof" for. We aren't looking for proof as you word it. Sufficient evidence is my benchmark and I assume it applies to most people. To date, there is insufficient evidence to believe in your god. Too many contradictions.
Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:13 am all Im stating is in fact there are prophecies still to be fulfilled that will give clear evidence to all. The evidence is given is so all will hopefully take the right side while there is still time.
There is not enough evidence given for anyone to know which is the right side to choose. Read your bible. It's full of contradictions.
Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:13 am You dont think God should make it very clear to all before he brings destruction to all the wicked people causing so much misery on the planet?
Where, in your bible, does it "clearly" state the definition of "wicked". If we knew what was meant by wicked, and we could know that god exists and that he was coming to to destroy, we could avoid being wicked. But, alas, we don't.
Am I wicked? I drive a car that consumes gasoline which, when burnt, contributes to the destruction of our environment. I have more than 1 child, so I'm contributing to the overpopulation of our planet. My house has lots of plastics in it. I have a large property, mostly lawn. I ran over a rabbit 3 years ago. I dunno. Maybe god will smite me.
Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:13 am He wants all to live and that includes YOU.
How do you know what your god wants? Presuming you know him to be male, unless he wrote it down himself, how do you know?
If he wants everyone to live, why is there a promise of destruction?
Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:13 am But like I said the Bible is very clear most will still reject God even when they see clear evidence.
If your god is the god of the old or new testament, then I'd say it's clear that you haven't read either book. There are not clear. How many times has that book been translated? There is absolutely nothing clear about the stories in the bible. They tell fictional stories of mythology. I'd actually go as far as to say that there is little text out there written less clearly than the new testament. I haven't read it cover to cover, but from the bits I've read, it wasn't clear what the message was. That or, it was clearly really really awful.
Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:13 am Im not rejecting him, each individual person has the option.
Is there no wiggle room here? You either believe or reject? Can't someone just not believe? Your god has never made any effort to show me evidence for his own existence. If he wanted everyone to believe so that he could save us all, then why does he hide? If he created us all, then why did he create so many of us who just don't believe in him? Would he then punish us for the way he created us?
Not much of a great guy.
Hmmm wrote: Nov 14th, 2023, 7:13 am PS I am looking forward to the fulfillment of these prophecies because it will mean an end to all suffering and wickedness. So yes I am looking forward to the end of all suffering.
Sorry to disappoint, but if the destruction you pine for does come, depending on how your god defines wicked, I suspect you'd be destroyed just like all other humans on earth. No reason to think your god is benevolent or even cares about the human species. The earth would be better off without us.
User avatar
Hmmm
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3150
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Re: What's Coming series

Post by Hmmm »

^^^^^^^^This is why I dont comment in the this section often. Did I say I pine for destruction? I look forward to the end of all badness and suffering. God will make himself known before final judgment so you and all the others like you will know 100% for sure who the true God is.

What will you do at that time? If you at that point know that God is making it very clear whats happening, will you like Pharaoh of Egypt still reject him or will you humble yourself and do what you at that time know is the right thing to do?

Your whole rant had noting to do with my actual point.... if you reply again with the same stuff completly missing my point, I wont respond.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2054
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: What's Coming series

Post by youjustcomplain »

Hmmm wrote: Nov 15th, 2023, 7:28 am ^^^^^^^^This is why I dont comment in the this section often. Did I say I pine for destruction? I look forward to the end of all badness and suffering. God will make himself known before final judgment so you and all the others like you will know 100% for sure who the true God is.

What will you do at that time? If you at that point know that God is making it very clear whats happening, will you like Pharaoh of Egypt still reject him or will you humble yourself and do what you at that time know is the right thing to do?

Your whole rant had noting to do with my actual point.... if you reply again with the same stuff completly missing my point, I wont respond.
Could be my misunderstanding of your point? I read your post as saying God will bring destruction and that you are looking forward to it. Sure, you're looking forward to the end of all badness and suffering, but if the way to end those is destruction, are you not pining for it?

What will I do? You mean, God will show up and finally make himself know to be actually a real thing? Nobody would reject it. This whole concept that anyone has ever known god to be real and rejected him is absurd. It's not real. It's complete fiction.
1. God has never made himself known. This is why belief in him requires faith. Faith is believe without evidence. If there was sufficient evidence, it wouldn't be faith anymore.
2. Nobody rejects what they know to be true. However, you show me a really poorly written book, full of contradictions and tell me it's proof of a god, I'll just be amazed that anyone can be that gullible.

I'm quite sure the foundation of your faith in your god isn't based completely on a holy book. I'm quite sure it's your lived experience and that's fine, but why would you think that anyone who hasn't had god revealed to them is rejecting him? God chose to not show me any evidence for his existence. I think I would need to be insane to believe in something I have zero evidence for.

Maybe I did completely miss your point. That's somewhere between what and how you wrote it and how I perceived it. If you are interested in actually making a clear point, can you try again?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”