Before the Big Bang

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Kodidad
Übergod

Re: Before the Big Bang

Post by Kodidad »

GordonH wrote: Oct 29th, 2023, 1:46 pm Whenever I can I do enjoy listening to Brian Cox a British physicist.
:130:
MY OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING, SAME AS YOURS
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

steven lloyd wrote: May 12th, 2023, 1:49 pm From "The Quantum And The Lotus"

The reason why "nothing" can't become "something" is that in order to do so, the "nothing" would be done away with. But how is it possible to get rid of something that does not exist? Nothingness is a mere concept defined in relation to existence. It does not have the slightest reality on its own, because it cannot be conceived in the absence of existence. Nothingness cannot be transformed. If something appears, it means that the potential for manifestation was already present.
This is good news because without dimension and at Planck temperature, there is no way any of us are Boltzmann brains condemned to 10^100^1000 years of alone with only our own thoughts. Or maybe the universe has to get to that state of entropy for that Boltzmann brain to be there to witness the next inflationary event.
Cmon It was a physics joke...electrons doing thier own thing without someone there to witness it with very subtle hints of quantum entanglement..No? Okay it wasn't funny.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

It was kinda funny
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

There is no way a Boltzmann brain is funny. I should know better.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”