Karma, Hinduism, intention & quantum physics

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Karma, Hinduism, intention & quantum physics

Post by steven lloyd »

The fractal idea is interesting. Electrons and protons orbit the nucleus of the atom. The planets of our solar system orbit our sun. Our solar system orbits the centre of our galaxy and our galaxy could very well be orbiting some central point in our universe - and according to quantum physics it is all connected at a subatomic level with photons that are light years apart reacting to each other instantaneously.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 16th, 2023, 9:56 am
steven lloyd wrote: Oct 13th, 2023, 5:42 am

I've long given up the notion of the God in heaven I had as a kid. I'm not an atheist but by definition would consider myself agnostic in that I believe "God" (whatever "It" is) is unknowable. I'm not smart enough to call myself a quantum physicist. I'm probably not as smart as most Buddhists (need to meditate on that). However, the ideas put forward are intriguing, even mind-bending, and provide an explanation of the possible nature of what "God" might be.

Theories of quantum physics state everything, energy and matter, is connected at a subatomic level; that space is not empty, and that this connection exists across an infinite universe and an infinite number of infinite universes. Even if just similar to gravity it makes sense to believe there is some kind of force that holds all this together.

True. The Big Bang produced stars and galaxies of stars that produced the stuff that planets were made from and then solar systems. From that came life, and then - sentient consciousness. While it would just be a guess to propose the universe had intent that this would be the outcome of it's creation, we can say that was it's purpose in the same sense we can say evolution has purpose or that gravity has purpose.
Another way of describing it .. it's fractal.
Of all the faiths, stories, religions.. this as as close to our ancient beginnings we can get.
I understand fractals but not really where you’re going with it.

Perhaps too deep for a skunk to understand.

Fractal images are just broken up, slightly separated, repeated pictures of what we, humans, see, when we look through the glass. Nothing supernatural about that, right?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

^^^
Those that have seen the structure of the universe or how that structure is presented to them when on ayahuasca is how its described- on the first journey anyway. The ancients in the indus valley, Egypt, South America( everywhere but that opens a can of worms) used variations of the active ingredient- DMT.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

steven lloyd wrote: Oct 16th, 2023, 1:55 pm The fractal idea is interesting. Electrons and protons orbit the nucleus of the atom. The planets of our solar system orbit our sun. Our solar system orbits the centre of our galaxy and our galaxy could very well be orbiting some central point in our universe - and according to quantum physics it is all connected at a subatomic level with photons that are light years apart reacting to each other instantaneously.
Correct.
Layers of a infinite onion.
Also there may be and probably are infinite different universes that operate on very different laws of physics than this verse. Stars that shine sooo black and gravity that repels...you get the idea. Also our verse could be in a quadrillion year orbit around a vastly larger verse with different but connected physics. Is it possible to have quantum entanglement between verses? I dunno. No one does until the dmt realm is actually mapped and or physics catches up to that info. 11 dimensions calculated/ suggested by physicists so far?
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 16th, 2023, 7:24 pm Also there may be and probably are infinite different universes that operate on very different laws of physics than this verse.
That is exactly what quantum physics suggests - an infinite universe and an infinite number of infinite universes with everything (all matter and energy) connected at a subatomic level.

... and at one brief moment a mere nanosecond after the moment of the Big Bang all contained in a space the size of a small orange. Boom!!!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”