Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Post by Fancy »

That's really brutal for your wife to witness that accident happening. Those are memories no one wants to remember but at least the occupants survived.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

jasond_71 wrote:Sorry forgot to mention my wife was a witness. She's the one who called 911.
Yes she was speeding, not arguing that but the other guy passed her like she was standing still. She witnessed no deer. Told the 911 operator the entire story.
I'm sure the guy said deer because he is an idiot who was excessive speeding and got in an accident and didn't want his insurance voided. I have driven that road a million time and have never seen a deer. It is a rare occurrence.

friend of mine smoked a deer just before that spot about 3 weeks ago 9k damage to his truck, I see deer there from time to time lots by predator turn off. I'm guessing youre calling the guy in the welding truck a liar to since he would have been the most reliable witness I'm gonna say your wife didn't see anything and drove up after the fact
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Gixxer wrote:Why was your wife speeding???

EVERYONE does... Some a little , some a lot . Most , a LOT more ...

The wife does just enough " more" to avoid getting into a fist fight with the Phuqtard behind her that seemingly needs to display his , ehem , " virility" ...

Good enough for ya ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

MAPearce wrote:

The wife does just enough " more" to avoid getting into a fist fight with the Phuqtard behind her that seemingly needs to display his , ehem , " virility" ...

Good enough for ya ?

Why would she get in a fist fight? Illogical to say the least. She was speeding, he was speeding, both were breaking the law and on that stretch where people pull out there have been many accidents so 30k over the limit is already too fast at that point and more than that is complete stupidity. Anyway seems he got his comeuppance
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I've seen deer and moose on that highway (more towards Vernon) - just FYI
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Lol @ Phuqtard.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

jasond_71 wrote:I'm sure the guy said deer because he is an idiot who was excessive speeding and got in an accident and didn't want his insurance voided. I have driven that road a million time and have never seen a deer. It is a rare occurrence.

If he didn't hit the deer and swerved to miss said deer his claim is classified as a collision @ fault. If he hit "the deer" it's collison, no fault. wouldn't impact his rates. They don't void ones insurance because people "think" he's speeding. I'm not implying he wasn't, but your wife was also speeding so....

There are a lot of deer in that area.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Fancy wrote:I've seen deer and moose on that highway (more towards Vernon) - just FYI

... and technically he wouldn't be lying even if he was referring to the deer on deer crossing sign. :135:

But seriously, the guy was passing a truck at high speed and lost control. He's a liar and will hopefully receive a suspension to go along with his hefty repair bill. Can't imagine his neck is feeling too great right about now either. Have to hope he learned his lesson for his sake as well as ours.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

As for the deer, what are we teaching them? You just can’t miss a deer then roll off the road, they’ll think it’s a game.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

So we have a person whose wife admits to doing 30kph over the speed limit, complaining about another person going even faster, and claiming there was/are no deer in a location that even has a deer crossing sign. [icon_lol2.gif]

Dude you weren't even there, so by what stretch of the imagination can you make a claim such as that in the title?

You can't make this stuff up.

Just an FYI there are deer in that area, I've certainly seen them, or the blood stains left by a semi nailing one, and the second clue should be the deer crossing sign.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

dodgerdodge wrote:
MAPearce wrote:

Good enough for ya ?

Why would she get in a fist fight? Illogical to say the least. She was speeding, he was speeding, both were breaking the law and on that stretch where people pull out there have been many accidents so 30k over the limit is already too fast at that point and more than that is complete stupidity. Anyway seems he got his comeuppance

Yeah, I'm just glad everyone is okay - and that more than the ones involved learned a lesson from what could have been a disaster. Some people seem to think that road is the Indy 500 track - in summer and winter - then try to justify their Indy speeding on it with extraordinary circumstances when something goes awry - guess we all just need to slow the hell down! :1422:
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Queen K wrote:I also have traveled that bit of road and have never seen a deer.

But passing someone doing 120 already? Seen that plenty.

I traveled that road daily for twelve years and saw lots of deer, dead and alive. I also know that if you're not doing 120 by then someone will run your as_ over.
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

I drive that road every day. No excuse to speed at all. Stay in your lane, 92 kpm, on cruise, no one bowls you over. They may pass, but I never figured out how if someone else is speeding how that makes me speed. Ride your own ride.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

jasond_71 wrote:Sorry forgot to mention my wife was a witness. She's the one who called 911.
Yes she was speeding, not arguing that but the other guy passed her like she was standing still. She witnessed no deer. Told the 911 operator the entire story.
I'm sure the guy said deer because he is an idiot who was excessive speeding and got in an accident and didn't want his insurance voided. I have driven that road a million time and have never seen a deer. It is a rare occurrence.

None of the things you are suggesting would void his insurance.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hopefully ICBC has a fraud department, with a actually backbone.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”