Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby Fancy » May 15th, 2018, 4:53 pm

That's really brutal for your wife to witness that accident happening. Those are memories no one wants to remember but at least the occupants survived.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45099
Likes: 1113 posts
Liked in: 5771 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby LTD » May 15th, 2018, 5:11 pm

jasond_71 wrote:Sorry forgot to mention my wife was a witness. She's the one who called 911.
Yes she was speeding, not arguing that but the other guy passed her like she was standing still. She witnessed no deer. Told the 911 operator the entire story.
I'm sure the guy said deer because he is an idiot who was excessive speeding and got in an accident and didn't want his insurance voided. I have driven that road a million time and have never seen a deer. It is a rare occurrence.

friend of mine smoked a deer just before that spot about 3 weeks ago 9k damage to his truck, I see deer there from time to time lots by predator turn off. I'm guessing youre calling the guy in the welding truck a liar to since he would have been the most reliable witness I'm gonna say your wife didn't see anything and drove up after the fact

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3269
Likes: 2229 posts
Liked in: 2489 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 3:34 pm

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby MAPearce » May 15th, 2018, 5:15 pm

Gixxer wrote:Why was your wife speeding???


EVERYONE does... Some a little , some a lot . Most , a LOT more ...

The wife does just enough " more" to avoid getting into a fist fight with the Phuqtard behind her that seemingly needs to display his , ehem , " virility" ...

Good enough for ya ?
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

common_sense_guy likes this post.
User avatar
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10536
Likes: 1366 posts
Liked in: 3623 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 6:15 pm

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby dodgerdodge » May 15th, 2018, 5:40 pm

MAPearce wrote:
EVERYONE does... Some a little , some a lot . Most , a LOT more ...

The wife does just enough " more" to avoid getting into a fist fight with the Phuqtard behind her that seemingly needs to display his , ehem , " virility" ...

Good enough for ya ?


Why would she get in a fist fight? Illogical to say the least. She was speeding, he was speeding, both were breaking the law and on that stretch where people pull out there have been many accidents so 30k over the limit is already too fast at that point and more than that is complete stupidity. Anyway seems he got his comeuppance
dodgerdodge
Übergod
 
Posts: 1504
Likes: 108 posts
Liked in: 384 posts
Joined: Jun 9th, 2010, 7:35 am

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby Fancy » May 15th, 2018, 7:39 pm

I've seen deer and moose on that highway (more towards Vernon) - just FYI
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45099
Likes: 1113 posts
Liked in: 5771 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby Bpeep » May 15th, 2018, 8:14 pm

Lol @ Phuqtard.
♡ Unlike. You like this post.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Bpeep
Mindquad
 
Posts: 28113
Likes: 11810 posts
Liked in: 9395 posts
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008, 11:05 am
Location: Surrey-By-The-Lake

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby Triple 6 » May 15th, 2018, 8:50 pm

jasond_71 wrote:I'm sure the guy said deer because he is an idiot who was excessive speeding and got in an accident and didn't want his insurance voided. I have driven that road a million time and have never seen a deer. It is a rare occurrence.


If he didn't hit the deer and swerved to miss said deer his claim is classified as a collision @ fault. If he hit "the deer" it's collison, no fault. wouldn't impact his rates. They don't void ones insurance because people "think" he's speeding. I'm not implying he wasn't, but your wife was also speeding so....

There are a lot of deer in that area.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

2 people like this post.
Triple 6
Moderator
 
Posts: 19120
Likes: 3141 posts
Liked in: 2914 posts
Joined: Jan 14th, 2005, 3:30 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby Poindexter » May 15th, 2018, 9:21 pm

Fancy wrote:I've seen deer and moose on that highway (more towards Vernon) - just FYI


... and technically he wouldn't be lying even if he was referring to the deer on deer crossing sign. :135:

But seriously, the guy was passing a truck at high speed and lost control. He's a liar and will hopefully receive a suspension to go along with his hefty repair bill. Can't imagine his neck is feeling too great right about now either. Have to hope he learned his lesson for his sake as well as ours.

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
Poindexter
Guru
 
Posts: 5399
Likes: 3304 posts
Liked in: 3876 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 11:44 am

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby Jlabute » May 15th, 2018, 10:04 pm

As for the deer, what are we teaching them? You just can’t miss a deer then roll off the road, they’ll think it’s a game.
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.

9 people like this post.
User avatar
Jlabute
Übergod
 
Posts: 1477
Likes: 778 posts
Liked in: 916 posts
Joined: Jan 18th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby Urban Cowboy » May 16th, 2018, 8:53 am

So we have a person whose wife admits to doing 30kph over the speed limit, complaining about another person going even faster, and claiming there was/are no deer in a location that even has a deer crossing sign. [icon_lol2.gif]

Dude you weren't even there, so by what stretch of the imagination can you make a claim such as that in the title?

You can't make this stuff up.

Just an FYI there are deer in that area, I've certainly seen them, or the blood stains left by a semi nailing one, and the second clue should be the deer crossing sign.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

alanjh595 likes this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3724
Likes: 3567 posts
Liked in: 5431 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby dle » May 16th, 2018, 10:00 am

dodgerdodge wrote:
MAPearce wrote:
EVERYONE does... Some a little , some a lot . Most , a LOT more ...

The wife does just enough " more" to avoid getting into a fist fight with the Phuqtard behind her that seemingly needs to display his , ehem , " virility" ...

Good enough for ya ?


Why would she get in a fist fight? Illogical to say the least. She was speeding, he was speeding, both were breaking the law and on that stretch where people pull out there have been many accidents so 30k over the limit is already too fast at that point and more than that is complete stupidity. Anyway seems he got his comeuppance


Yeah, I'm just glad everyone is okay - and that more than the ones involved learned a lesson from what could have been a disaster. Some people seem to think that road is the Indy 500 track - in summer and winter - then try to justify their Indy speeding on it with extraordinary circumstances when something goes awry - guess we all just need to slow the hell down! :1422:
dle
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 869
Likes: 529 posts
Liked in: 891 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2005, 1:29 pm

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby rookie314 » May 16th, 2018, 11:27 am

Queen K wrote:I also have traveled that bit of road and have never seen a deer.

But passing someone doing 120 already? Seen that plenty.


I traveled that road daily for twelve years and saw lots of deer, dead and alive. I also know that if you're not doing 120 by then someone will run your as_ over.
rookie314
Übergod
 
Posts: 1474
Likes: 466 posts
Liked in: 372 posts
Joined: Jun 11th, 2005, 10:00 am

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby emc group » May 16th, 2018, 8:24 pm

I drive that road every day. No excuse to speed at all. Stay in your lane, 92 kpm, on cruise, no one bowls you over. They may pass, but I never figured out how if someone else is speeding how that makes me speed. Ride your own ride.
emc group
Fledgling
 
Posts: 221
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 15 posts
Joined: May 5th, 2008, 5:52 pm
Location: rutland

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby Hassel99 » May 16th, 2018, 8:51 pm

jasond_71 wrote:Sorry forgot to mention my wife was a witness. She's the one who called 911.
Yes she was speeding, not arguing that but the other guy passed her like she was standing still. She witnessed no deer. Told the 911 operator the entire story.
I'm sure the guy said deer because he is an idiot who was excessive speeding and got in an accident and didn't want his insurance voided. I have driven that road a million time and have never seen a deer. It is a rare occurrence.



None of the things you are suggesting would void his insurance.
User avatar
Hassel99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3356
Likes: 942 posts
Liked in: 2843 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2012, 9:31 am

Re: Zero chance he was avoiding a deer

Postby GordonH » May 16th, 2018, 9:52 pm

Hopefully ICBC has a fraud department, with a actually backbone.
Next up: 2018 Memorial Cup, May 17–27, 2018. Teams QJMHL Acadie-Bathurst Titan, OHL Hamilton Bulldogs, WHL Swift Current Broncos & Host Team/Regina Pats
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19891
Likes: 2175 posts
Liked in: 6848 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], grumpies daughter and 4 guests