Signs

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Signs

Post by GordonH »

It’s interesting how a city has bylaw about signs (amount), every election allows hundreds of roadside eyesores.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/34 ... online-age
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
BrokenPencil
Fledgling

Re: Signs

Post by BrokenPencil »

Election signs are a waste of money, a drain on resources, and legal litter. It really needs to stop. Seeing somebody's name over and over doesn't tell you anything or sway a vote either way. It is a stupid name on a board wasting resources and nagging everyone. Disgusting.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

True, and being in a new age of information technology, who needs the signs?
I birn quil I se
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

the sign makers
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

People and parties who are not household names.
I haven't failed until I quit.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

BrokenPencil wrote: Sep 17th, 2021, 11:07 pm Election signs are a waste of money, a drain on resources, and legal litter. It really needs to stop. Seeing somebody's name over and over doesn't tell you anything or sway a vote either way. It is a stupid name on a board wasting resources and nagging everyone. Disgusting.
Meh .. I look at who's signs get vandalized to see what type of "people" the other guy , whos signs DON'T get smashed up, represent and go from there ..

Sorry they bother you though .. Let's talk about this "nagging" you speak of .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

BrokenPencil wrote: Sep 17th, 2021, 11:07 pm Election signs are a waste of money, a drain on resources, and legal litter. It really needs to stop. Seeing somebody's name over and over doesn't tell you anything or sway a vote either way. It is a stupid name on a board wasting resources and nagging everyone. Disgusting.
WHO'S money?
WHO's resources?

Would the same "waste" comment be made if the candidate that one was in support of ....... still be a waste?
Bring back the LIKE button.
pilsung123
Banned

Post by pilsung123 »

GordonH wrote: Sep 17th, 2021, 6:57 am It’s interesting how a city has bylaw about signs (amount), every election allows hundreds of roadside eyesores.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/34 ... online-age
There are actually much LESS roadsigns for the 2021 election, this year, versus previous years. Where do you see "hundreds" of roadsigns ? Quite the embellishment !

People are so set in their ways when it comes to voting patterns in this town that It has made me NOT want to vote, actually.

Its time to introduce federal voting by internet ballot, as the whole "snail mail" ballot process is a complete disaster !

Actually received my voting card just 14 days from September 20th, which made voting by mail to be impossible, as Canada Post is a horrible and unreliable mail service.

The main issue in this election is that Ontario and Quebec have enough federal seats to determine a majority winner. Therefore, the seats here in B.C. and in Western Canada mean absolutely nothing and it's an eastern based political system.

You can run a "dog" under the Conservative banner here in the Okanagan and they will get elected.

I have no confidence in the federal electoral system whatsoever, or the media who cover the candidates.

I hope that all set in their ways Conservative voters will enjoy another 18 months of a Liberal minority government under you know who ! There is no real difference between Trudeau and O'Toole. They are all liars !
"I remember Buffalo, Hegelo. Well, it seems to me, I remember every single effing thing I know ?"
Gord Downie, The Tragically Hip.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I remember back as a kid those putting up election signs could only place them on people’s property with their permission.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Poll/3460 ... -property-

My Dad had each political party 3 federally (liberal, conservatives & ndp) and 2 provincially (social credit & ndp), to place 4x8 sign on our property.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

My smile for today, thanks GordonH. [icon_lol2.gif] :up:
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

There was once a bylaw in Penticton against putting campaign signs on public property but it was rescinded some years ago. Campaign signs on public property are just paid advertising, a campaign sign on private property is an actual statement of support and as such much more meaningful.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

fluffy wrote: Sep 19th, 2021, 6:30 am There was once a bylaw in Penticton against putting campaign signs on public property but it was rescinded some years ago. Campaign signs on public property are just paid advertising, a campaign sign on private property is an actual statement of support and as such much more meaningful.
:up: :up:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

oldtrucker wrote: Sep 19th, 2021, 10:16 am Isn't it kinda a invite for crime to have a Liberal sign in your front yard? The bad guy knows that it's fairly safe bet that the homeowner doesn't have a 44 tucked away in the mattress.
:up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

oldtrucker wrote: Sep 19th, 2021, 10:16 am Isn't it kinda a invite for crime to have a Liberal sign in your front yard? The bad guy knows that it's fairly safe bet that the homeowner doesn't have a 44 tucked away in the mattress.
Hahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHA, this is super funny!
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

"OMG OMG OMG!!!! That font on that sign has just solidified my decision to vote for that person!"

Dang, signs are so integeral to a campaign!

No. They are useless. They are a waste of resources, bad for the environment, and an eyesore. Spend that money feeding the homeless and get the news to cover it. I want something useful being done in politics for once.

Return to “Central Okanagan”