Navy in town

69cutlass
Generalissimo Postalot

Navy in town

Post by 69cutlass »

I just love castanet reporting. I don't know here on earth 3 zodiac style boats could be possibly be confused with pontoon boats but yet it's right there in the article. They may be made of aluminum and the "inflatable " portion is rigid but they are still base on the inflatable style of boats. [icon_lol2.gif] :up:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... -this-week
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Navy in town

Post by Anonymous123 »

We See
We Judge
We Get Muzzled
seewood
Lord of the Board

Post by seewood »

69cutlass wrote: Jul 6th, 2022, 6:01 am I just love castanet reporting. I don't know here on earth 3 zodiac style boats could be possibly be confused with pontoon boats but yet it's right there in the article.
RIB's is the term used, or should be. Ridged Inflatable Boat
I am not wealthy but I am rich
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

69cutlass wrote: Jul 6th, 2022, 6:01 am I just love castanet reporting. I don't know here on earth 3 zodiac style boats could be possibly be confused with pontoon boats but yet it's right there in the article. They may be made of aluminum and the "inflatable " portion is rigid but they are still base on the inflatable style of boats. [icon_lol2.gif] :up:

There was confusion because it seems like nobody hires actual journalists anymore that do any digging or looking up or verifying their own story.
Most Everything written seems to be riddled with inaccuracies and it seems even the editor has no clue half of the time and allows inaccuracies to be published. I can't count the number of times I have written into castanet numerous times pointing out obvious inaccuracies that a school child would be able to point out which completely changed the meaning of the story
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
69cutlass
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by 69cutlass »

seewood wrote: Jul 6th, 2022, 6:49 am
69cutlass wrote: Jul 6th, 2022, 6:01 am I just love castanet reporting. I don't know here on earth 3 zodiac style boats could be possibly be confused with pontoon boats but yet it's right there in the article.
RIB's is the term used, or should be. Ridged Inflatable Boat
Yes. Thank you. I know zodiac is a brand. I don't know why I couldn't think of the RIB.
Last edited by 69cutlass on Jul 6th, 2022, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
69cutlass
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by 69cutlass »

common_sense_guy wrote: Jul 6th, 2022, 7:54 am
69cutlass wrote: Jul 6th, 2022, 6:01 am I just love castanet reporting. I don't know here on earth 3 zodiac style boats could be possibly be confused with pontoon boats but yet it's right there in the article. They may be made of aluminum and the "inflatable " portion is rigid but they are still base on the inflatable style of boats. [icon_lol2.gif] :up:

There was confusion because it seems like nobody hires actual journalists anymore that do any digging or looking up or verifying their own story.
Most Everything written seems to be riddled with inaccuracies and it seems even the editor has no clue half of the time and allows inaccuracies to be published. I can't count the number of times I have written into castanet numerous times pointing out obvious inaccuracies that a school child would be able to point out which completely changed the meaning of the story
30 sec on Google would help them look the professional that they are trying to portray

Return to “Central Okanagan”