Saying thanks to good police officers

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Saying Thanks to the Good Police Officers

Post by Symbonite »

damama55 wrote:Nice to see so many cars and officers along 97 yesterday. I think they were catching speeders and probably checking for other things. It is almost Spring, and people seem to get a heavier foot than usual. Maybe, by handing out a few tickets, SOME drivers may have gotten the message and slow down. Saw some officers doing stops in Lake Country, too. Great job, and maybe some lives have been saved.

I dont know why they do it everyday at the bridge.....im doing 60 in the middle lane and everyone blows by me like i was standing still....

anywho.....they do a good job...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
damama55
Übergod

Re: Saying thanks to good police officers

Post by damama55 »

Three more officers killed in the US. I found this great presentation by Paul Harvey. Thought it says it all about our officers, everywhere. We do need to support our officers and to extend our sincere condolences to their brothers and sisters, everywhere. Just because the jurisdictions are different, doesn't mean it doesn't touch our hearts. Stay safe and we do salute you all. I hope the link works.

Paul Harvey " Policeman " One of His Best Narrations
by Derek Pacifico
Radio Personality Paul Harvey made one of the best commentaries on the job of the police officer that has ever been spoken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVHFlScMGq4
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Biiiiiig thank you to officers around Lake Country and those along Duck Lake today, stopping speeders and distracted drivers. I know you all are doing your best to keep us, and the idiot drivers, safe. Again, we have too few officers, and too many drivers breaking the law, risking their own lives and the lives of others. I hope you all get some help with perhaps having officers assigned to just traffic violators, leaving other officers to do the work of solving other crimes around the area.
Stay safe, so you all can go home to your families. :)
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

damama55 wrote:Biiiiiig thank you to officers around Lake Country and those along Duck Lake today, stopping speeders and distracted drivers. I know you all are doing your best to keep us, and the idiot drivers, safe. Again, we have too few officers, and too many drivers breaking the law, risking their own lives and the lives of others. I hope you all get some help with perhaps having officers assigned to just traffic violators, leaving other officers to do the work of solving other crimes around the area.
Stay safe, so you all can go home to your families. :)

Just an observation, any chance your better half is an "Officer". :biggrin:
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

No, I think I had said that before. I just appreciate what our officers do trying to keep us ALL safe. :)
anonymouscoward777

Post by anonymouscoward777 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2017, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Again today saw more officers pulling over speeders and distracted drivers in Lake Country. Way to go, Officers. As the story on Castanet says, "Drivers don't get the message." Well, after a few times of hitting their wallets, maybe they will, sooner or later. $368 fine and 4 points?? Maybe some will take the bus, if they can't leave their phones alone. At least then they wouldn't be endangering their's, and other people's, life. Keep up the good work, Officers. Maybe the life you save will be your own.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

damama55 wrote:Again today saw more officers pulling over speeders and distracted drivers in Lake Country. Way to go, Officers. As the story on Castanet says, "Drivers don't get the message." Well, after a few times of hitting their wallets, maybe they will, sooner or later. $368 fine and 4 points?? Maybe some will take the bus, if they can't leave their phones alone. At least then they wouldn't be endangering their's, and other people's, life. Keep up the good work, Officers. Maybe the life you save will be your own.

Same in Kelowna yesterday. Thanks guys and gals. A "driving tax" for idiots.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thanks to officers that are catching speeders along Btm. Wd. Lk. Rd. last night, AFTER 5. I think idiot drivers think there are no officers around in the evening, but, THERE ARE. Out here in Lake Country, we have idiots RRRROARING around here early in the morning, and then WHENEVER they travel through our area. Hope the officers are able to nail them all eventually. GREAT JOB, GUYS. Keep up the good work. Again, we need more officers out this way. Not enough officers, and tooooo many idiot drivers.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Great job, Officers--
""Officers located the man as he pulled onto the floating bridge, conducted a traffic stop and successfully negotiated with the man who eventually surrendered without incident,” said Jesse O'Donaghey of the Kelowna RCMP. “He was transported to hospital for a full assessment.”" (from Castanet news story.
Thanks, too, to the drivers that were patient while the officers did what they did to help the distressed man.
Good job all the way around. :up:
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 4th, 2017, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 4th, 2017, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 4th, 2017, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Thankyou, to the officers that uphold the spirit of the law, uphold charter rights, have a sense of fairness, use their authority wisely and be described as having humility.

The rest are hacks that get off on the chase with an inflated sense of power.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Mountie killed helping motorists had history of going 'the extra mile'
CBC.ca · 1 day ago

"The 35-year-old Mountie who was killed Tuesday night when he pulled over to help change a flat tire on the Trans-Canada Highway near Memramcook, N.B., had a history of going above and beyond to help others, said the commanding officer of the Nova Scotia RCMP.

Const. Francis Deschenes was hailed as a hero in 2008 for saving a 26-year-old woman whose car was stopped on railroad tracks near Truro, N.S., as a CN freight train sped toward it, said Assistant Commissioner Brian Brennan.

Deschenes used his cruiser to push the car off the tracks, with only seconds to spare before the ongoing train would have smashed into the car and possibly derailed.

"That's just one demonstration of his dedication and commitment," Brennan told reporters during a news conference Wednesday at the Amherst detachment where Deschenes, a newlywed, worked in traffic services."

The detachment here in Lake Country is flying their flag at half-mast in honour of this young officer, who gave his life being a great member of the RCMP.

Again, an excellent example of the good officers we do have in the Force. Our heartfelt sympathies go out to his family, friends and his fellow brothers and sisters. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Return to “Central Okanagan”