Death threats doom Donkey debut

5VP
Übergod
Posts: 1242
Joined: Dec 26th, 2009, 9:48 am

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by 5VP »

Woodenhead wrote:
5VP wrote:I'm glad that this has blown up in the producers face.

The only thing that has blown up in his face is the exposure it's getting, which is exactly what he wants. It's since won an award for Best Documentary in Australia.

The rest of your post is actually quite contradictory.


You think a sheep farming nation's (Australia) acknowledgement of this grotesqueness adds luster to it?

Yikes...

I mean BAAAAAA...

Reminds you of the days in the barn you spoke of earlier I guess.

Good for you for being honest.
Infinite rider on the big dogma...
5VP
Übergod
Posts: 1242
Joined: Dec 26th, 2009, 9:48 am

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by 5VP »

Pacific wrote: I found your post really confusing. I don't understand how a "live and let live" attitude could be construed as me being a proponent of sex sells? I just think that there are plenty of places where peoples freedoms are constrained by morality. Fortunately outside of some backwards pockets in Canada that's not the case. The movie actually looks really stupid to me but if we start shutting things down which hurt no one because they offend a few peoples taste we're in trouble.


Are you actually hereby admitting to have an involvement with either the production of or promotion of this video?

Live and let live?

Where did that come from?

As I clearly stated, sheit like that is what Vegas is for unless you're also hereby declaring and/or outing yourself as a soldier of the Amoral Army and that you are declaring war on the comfortable lives of happy Okanagan residents who really neither care nor need to know about bestiality.

What's next for you ?

A documentary on people who light their farts??

Have you not heard of the gay rights movement causing the deletion of the Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" song lyrics in Britain?

Censorship happens. I disagree with censoring Dire Straits but I agree that this is not art but more of a home video painted up real purty-like so that the producer can continue traveling on the dime of proper citizens and/or mom and dad's inheritance...
Infinite rider on the big dogma...
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16288
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 9:52 am

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by Nebula »

5VP wrote:As I clearly stated, sheit like that is what Vegas is for unless you're also hereby declaring and/or outing yourself as a soldier of the Amoral Army and that you are declaring war on the comfortable lives of happy Okanagan residents who really neither care nor need to know about bestiality.

Thankfully you don't speak for all Okanagan residents and do not know what everyone cares about knowing and/or needs to know.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
User avatar
Woodenhead
Guru
Posts: 5188
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2009, 2:47 pm

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by Woodenhead »

5VP wrote:You think a sheep farming nation's (Australia) acknowledgement of this grotesqueness adds luster to it?

Yikes...

I mean BAAAAAA...

Reminds you of the days in the barn you spoke of earlier I guess.

Good for you for being honest.

If you think anything you said there represents anything resembling a valid & intelligent argument/counterpoint... :127: Got a chuckle out of me though (I'm part Welsh - dem Aussies have nuthin' on our sheep love! Defaid wrth eu bodd am byth!!! )
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Politics without principle. Your bias suits you.
User avatar
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod
Posts: 1053
Joined: Jul 14th, 2010, 1:58 pm

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

5VP wrote:
Are you actually hereby admitting to have an involvement with either the production of or promotion of this video?

Live and let live?

Where did that come from?

As I clearly stated, sheit like that is what Vegas is for unless you're also hereby declaring and/or outing yourself as a soldier of the Amoral Army and that you are declaring war on the comfortable lives of happy Okanagan residents who really neither care nor need to know about bestiality.

What's next for you ?

A documentary on people who light their farts??

Have you not heard of the gay rights movement causing the deletion of the Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" song lyrics in Britain?

Censorship happens. I disagree with censoring Dire Straits but I agree that this is not art but more of a home video painted up real purty-like so that the producer can continue traveling on the dime of proper citizens and/or mom and dad's inheritance...


So censorship is okay if you agree with it? Kind of makes you a hypocrite who has no right in deciding what I can read, watch, or listen to.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
theyeti
Übergod
Posts: 1360
Joined: May 10th, 2009, 9:01 am

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by theyeti »

its not censorship u r free to buy the movie or download it or go to australia and watch it .. however thankfully it wont be soiling up any theatres in this town and that makes me happy this topic does not deserve the attention its getting this is like a giant fart joke reminds me of jackass and its in poor taste.

now am i saying censor it no .

i am just saying it does not seem like a topic for public viewing what u do at home or in australia is none of anyone elses business
Takin it easy !
Übergod
Posts: 1381
Joined: May 3rd, 2008, 5:52 am

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by Takin it easy ! »

theyeti wrote:its not censorship u r free to buy the movie or download it or go to australia and watch it .. however thankfully it wont be soiling up any theatres in this town and that makes me happy this topic does not deserve the attention its getting this is like a giant fart joke reminds me of jackass and its in poor taste.

now am i saying censor it no .

i am just saying it does not seem like a topic for public viewing what u do at home or in australia is none of anyone elses business
Agreed however we need censorship just as we need laws"why"because some people are just too stupid for their own good or the good of society in general and need to have guidance no matter how many freedom of rights/speech soapboxes are stood on.
User avatar
Woodenhead
Guru
Posts: 5188
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2009, 2:47 pm

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by Woodenhead »

The depth of ignorance is bottomless.
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Politics without principle. Your bias suits you.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm
Posts: 20130
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by Lady tehMa »

Once something is seen it can not be unseen. I prefer to be discerning in my consumption of media. Too many are not discerning, and then the following aphorisms become applicable.

"Keeping an open mind is wise, unless you are keeping it so far open your brain falls out."

"GIGO - Garbage in, garbage out."
I haven't failed until I quit.
Pacific
Fledgling
Posts: 185
Joined: Jul 30th, 2009, 9:34 am

Re: Death threats doom Donkey debut

Post by Pacific »

5VP wrote:
Are you actually hereby admitting to have an involvement with either the production of or promotion of this video?

Nope... and not even interested in watching it.
5VP wrote:
Live and let live?

Where did that come from?

My point was... if somebody's not hurting you, leave them the eff alone. You don't want to see the weird donkey sex movie... I'm with you. If somebody wants to go to a theatre and watch it, they've got every right to and nobody should be able to stop it unless they're hurting someone else in doing it. The moral police can screw off to some religious fundamentalist country where they'll fit right in. I'll start a collection for a one way ticket.

Somebody calls the guy bringing it to town with a death threat = totally inappropriate, I'm the first guy cheering when they get sent to jail and I hope they were caught.
5VP wrote:As I clearly stated, sheit like that is what Vegas is for unless you're also hereby declaring and/or outing yourself as a soldier of the Amoral Army and that you are declaring war on the comfortable lives of happy Okanagan residents who really neither care nor need to know about bestiality.

Declaring war on the comfortable lives of the Okanagan residents? Just... what now?

Return to “Central Okanagan”