Gas $143.9

A potpourri of off-topics.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Gas $143.9

Post by Glacier »

Dizzy1 wrote:If you read a couple of pages back, Vernon was about 10 cents a litre cheaper than Kelowna last month.

Ya, for a few hours.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Glacier wrote:Ya, for a few hours.

Nope, it was for a few days. It was lower when I left for my trip and was the same when I got back a 4 days later.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Well I stand corrected. I suppose there's a delay in Vernon for some reason. The gas prices tend to lag Kelowna by a few days. This is good in that we don't get the peak prices sometimes, but we also don't get the lowest prices.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We travelled to Cache Creek and I just want everyone to know how badly hosed we are getting here in the Okanagan.

Cache Creek 96.9/L.

Mohawk near the Deadman-Vidette FSR? 99.9/L

Like what is WRONG with the Okanagan? 106.9/L?

Something is wrong here. Dead wrong.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:We travelled to Cache Creek and I just want everyone to know how badly hosed we are getting here in the Okanagan.

Cache Creek 96.9/L.

I've posted info pointing this out, in this thread & other gas price threads.

Here are the 2 sites I used:
http://www.kentgroupltd.com
http://www.myhusky.ca/products-and-serv ... c-fuel-tax
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Not only was Vernon 10 cents or more less, but penticton was too during the same time. Something was truly wrong. It was for about a week It seemed to me.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Glacier wrote:Well I stand corrected. I suppose there's a delay in Vernon for some reason. The gas prices tend to lag Kelowna by a few days. This is good in that we don't get the peak prices sometimes, but we also don't get the lowest prices.

Well I might have to eat crow on this one. Vernon has been the lowest price in the province for a couple of weeks. It was as low as 108.9 this week, and even this morning it was 124.9. Not anymore, we have caught up with the rest of you with prices now at 147.9.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:We travelled to Cache Creek and I just want everyone to know how badly hosed we are getting here in the Okanagan.

Cache Creek 96.9/L.

Oh God, bring it back! Bring it back!
:cry:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'd like to personally slap anyone who voted NDP for this ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I second the slap motion whole heartedly! :-X
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
squash junky
Fledgling

Post by squash junky »

MAPearce wrote:I'd like to personally slap anyone who voted NDP for this ...

I think you cantake out "for this"
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

or maybe blame the boys at the top of the food chain
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#224706
Husky Energy Inc. reported a first-quarter profit of $248 million, up from $71 million a year ago, as it lowered its annual production guidance.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I checked about gas prices - it has been high many times when the NDP were not in Power.
Agree about tanking up before the May long weekend, usually when everywhere jacks up prices ( menus, etc) too
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Gas prices are soaring all over North America, hitting $5 in California.

Damn those NDP!

I'm starting to understand how someone as befuddled and clueless as Andrew Scheer finds support.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Gas in California seems to range from $2.91 a gallon up to $4.39 a gallon in Beverly Hills. The majority of stations are in the $3.50 range. Funny how Beverly Hills is so much more than the others. I suppose gas IS bling these days. Ontario prices are still around $1.14.

In the USA, the national average is $2.72 per gallon.
https://gasprices.aaa.com/

3.79L per gallon. Vancouver is at $1.60/L which is like $6 per gallon. You can't even sell milk on the black market to the Chinese for that much. We pay almost 3x as much as the muuuricuns.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Grab Bag”