Ogopogo?

xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Ogopogo?

Post by xjeepguy »

These lakes are connected underground with many other rivers and waterways,. ie Fraser River .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

xjeepguy wrote:These lakes are connected underground with many other rivers and waterways,. ie Fraser River .

Nuts
Black Dogs Matter
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

xjeepguy wrote:These lakes are connected underground with many other rivers and waterways,. ie Fraser River .

...again - never been proven - just hearsay...
charliebean
Fledgling

Post by charliebean »

Hey

I started this topic to hear stories Ogopogo not to start a "I know better than you thread". If you do not have a story about Ogopogo, please go......yourself.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Maybe it was a beaver?
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

He's dead. Head chopped off by a motor boat.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Check with Arlene Gaal. She's the local crazy Ogopogo lady.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Dented

Post by Dented »

Remember long time ago as a kid when digital cameras first came out for a reasonable price back in 2000 some guy had this huge meeting thinking he found it so many people thought it was it till debunked few months later.

turned out to be graphics lol
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ogopogo????

Post by Graphite »

vinnied wrote:Aww yes the elusive lake monster. Didn't know she/he was real. Just When was the last confirmed spotting of ogopogo anyway?

Confirmed? Never.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ogopogo????

Post by Graphite »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:we definitely need some supporting documentation on that one go stumpy.

i am unaware of a sturgeon ever having been in lake okanagan.

Reports are when the first Okanagan bridge was built, the builders saw sturgeon swimming around

Here is an old link on the forums discussing the sturgeon
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12282

This is also quite an interesting read
http://cryptomundo.com/lake-monsters/ogopogo-sturgeon/
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

these folks never have reported seeing a sturgeon.

skindivers.jpg

Ogopogo Skin Divers

Named after the monster of Lake Okanogan.

Lake Okanogan is a large, deep lake in the interior of British Columbia, Canada’s most westerly province. The lake covers approximately 135 square miles and goes down to at least 820 feet – a perfect place for a monster to lurk, and this lake has one: called ‘Ogopogo’. The monster was well known to the Salish people who called it ‘N’ha-a-itk’. (The name ‘Ogopogo’ came, not from their language, but from a novelty song of the 1920’s.) Reportedly sighted by hundreds over the years, ‘Ogopogo’ is reported to be a serpentine, 5-75 feet long, about 1 ½ feet thick, dark green and having a head like “a horse with a beard”.

In 1954 a dive club was formed by three intrepid B.C. divers: Lance Tanner, Gordon Heck and Ed Slater, all of the lakeside town of Kelowna, BC. The name of the monster of Okanogan Lake seemed like a great tongue-in-cheek name for a dive club, and it told anyone in BC exactly where the club was located, since ‘Ogopogo’ was as well-known in Western Canada as the ‘Loch Ness Monster’ was in Scotland. (But on a grander scale: Lake Okanogan is nearly ten times bigger than Loch Ness and about the same depth.)

Club president Lance Tanner sent this picture of a typical outing. The diver in the centre remains unidentified – as does ‘Ogopogo’. If you want to know more about this beastie, check out the Japanese TV show called ‘The World’s Supernatural Phenomena’ and see the lake bottom from the submersible ‘Deep Rover’. Or check out segments of ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ and ‘Inside Edition’. When Lance Tanner was asked if he ever saw anything like ‘Ogopogo’, he paused and said, “Uh, no.”

http://hdscanada.org/articles/ogopogo-skin-divers/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

charliebean wrote:Hey

I started this topic to hear stories Ogopogo not to start a "I know better than you thread". If you do not have a story about Ogopogo, please go......yourself.

You were hoping a thread on CN would stay on topic? OTFL
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:these folks never have reported seeing a sturgeon.

Not that surprising

135 sq. miles and +/- 820 ft. deep
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife

Return to “Central Okanagan”