Water quality in Lake Country

Tankur
Board Meister

Re: Water quality in Lake Country

Post by Tankur »

Fancy wrote: Nov 29th, 2021, 6:44 am Maybe attend a council meeting or contact them and ask?
I’ve asked. They say, no health issue threat at all. Drink it up. What say you fancy? Good enough?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Get the water tested yourself and go from there. What happened to the petition idea?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

hid wrote: Nov 29th, 2021, 6:17 am Why is this STILL an issue? Recently moved into the area, and no one warned us about the water situation. I’m feeling a lot of ‘buyers remorse’. This is brutal. It’s 2021 for god sake. Can we do something? Can we demand clean water?
Yeah go buy a reverse osmosis system for under $300 and put it in your house . I am constantly amazed that nobody knows how to do anything for themselves and completely rely on government to do it for you.
Simple fix to an ugly problem people. Come on
One person say they pay $700 a year for their water and it's still not clean. Go buy an RO system.
I'm not saying the district is right in how they are doing things but it's a simple problem people can fix themselves if they take a little bit of initiative themself instead of waiting for a government to do something
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Another LC resident. Supposedly we are connected to the Beaver/oceola source according to their map, but I'm honestly quite happy with the water. Rarely have I seen it stained, with sediment, etc. Seeing all these complaints yet not seeing the water quality problems makes me wonder if their map isn't accurate and we're actually getting water from OK Lake.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Here's the notices:
https://www.lakecountry.bc.ca/en/living ... tatus.aspx
There may be a water advisory in effect but for a good many it's quite drinkable.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Fancy wrote: Nov 30th, 2021, 8:33 am Here's the notices:
https://www.lakecountry.bc.ca/en/living ... tatus.aspx
There may be a water advisory in effect but for a good many it's quite drinkable.
Thanks Fancy.

So - water quality advisories in place for 10+ years. But no boil water advisories at the moment.

Also the map is helpful - for our property, it's not even like we're close to a boundary with another source.
Curious if anyone else has a similar experience - quite happy with the Beaver Lake water and not seeing anything like what others are complaining about?

Return to “Central Okanagan”