Windows smashed at Thai Fushion- West Kelowna

dominik
Fledgling

Re: Windows smashed at Thai Fushion- West Kelowna

Post by dominik »

I find it odd that the owner chooses to close the moment the RCMP puts a task force on this. Like others I suspect there is a lot more to this story, and the owner either doesn't want to or can't come out and talk about it.

But the Idea to keep going for so long and then shut down when the RCMP makes a concerted effort into this... Yeah, something is off.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Maybe the guy's insurance company won't cover him any more, or will cover him at a ridiculously high premium. The bank may not wish to finance repairs, either. I know those two possibilities aren't nearly as creative and exciting as blaming the business owner and dreaming up secretive & nefarious dealings, but the closure could just reflect the economics of the situation.
Last edited by kgcayenne on Jun 4th, 2017, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As I said earlier in this thread, someone was really pi :cuss: off with the owner.

To be this PO, I would agree with others in this thread this owner may very well know who's behind all of the vandalism.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

He claims he thinks he knows who's doing it.
https://okanaganedge.net/2017/02/06/can ... them-down/
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

kgcayenne wrote:Maybe the guy's insurance company won't cover him any more, or will cover him at a ridiculously high premium. The bank may not wish to finance repairs, either. I know those two possibilities aren't nearly as creative and exciting as blaming the business owner and dreaming up secretive & nefarious dealings, but the closure could just reflect the economics of the situation.

Yes, this is the voice of reason ringing out as true. Thank you kgcayenne, some of us forget the business aspects of running one.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Bman wrote:He claims he thinks he knows who's doing it.
https://okanaganedge.net/2017/02/06/can ... them-down/

It certainly smacks of some former employee with a grudge taking revenge.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@Bman:
Interesting story. It reads as if the previous owners (or managers) are more than just a little disgruntled by the success of this couple. But to go to the lengths of destroying property and riddling the place with bullets? Sounds like a deranged mind is behind this, IMHO. Have the cops followed up on the info in this Okanagan Edge story? If not, why not?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

A hunch is never enough evidence.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

kgcayenne wrote:Maybe the guy's insurance company won't cover him any more, or will cover him at a ridiculously high premium. The bank may not wish to finance repairs, either. I know those two possibilities aren't nearly as creative and exciting as blaming the business owner and dreaming up secretive & nefarious dealings, but the closure could just reflect the economics of the situation.

Up until this last incident I really didn't pay much attention to this story. Sorta chocking it up a disgruntled teen breaking Windows. Arson and shooting is a whole other level, and reading what I have today (news pieces) with owner's mea culpa, I'm 95% convinced he knows who is behind this.
True, belief and hunches are inadmissable, I'm not wholly convinced that owner doesn't have culpability but am 100% certain that there is a nut job at work and your thoughts in this case aren't why they're closing.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

dominik wrote:I find it odd that the owner chooses to close the moment the RCMP puts a task force on this. Like others I suspect there is a lot more to this story, and the owner either doesn't want to or can't come out and talk about it.

But the Idea to keep going for so long and then shut down when the RCMP makes a concerted effort into this... Yeah, something is off.

Well, the RCMP will continue to investigate whether or not the store is still open. I think that the escalation from broken windows and arson to an actual shooting may have played more of a role in their closure.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

cops have better things to do i am sure
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Luke Sumpantarat still doesn’t know who vandalized, shot up and tried to burn down his successful West Kelowna restaurant over the course of two and a half years, but if the vandal wants to try again he will have to come to downtown Kelowna.

Luke and his wife Ess are holding a soft launch of their new restaurant, Thai Terrace Restaurant and Lounge, this weekend in the space previously occupied by Wings across from City Park.

Luke is hoping the highly visible location will prevent the nonstop attacks that forced him to close Thai Fusion in West Kelowna last year.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Man would love to find out who prompted it.

Good luck to them at the new location.
spooker

Post by spooker »

This is great news ... always wanted to go to the old place but this new location is a quick bike ride away ... how could we not try it out?
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Luke Sumpantarat still doesn’t know who vandalized, shot up and tried to burn down his successful West Kelowna restaurant over the course of two and a half years, but if the vandal wants to try again he will have to come to downtown Kelowna.

Luke and his wife Ess are holding a soft launch of their new restaurant, Thai Terrace Restaurant and Lounge, this weekend in the space previously occupied by Wings across from City Park.

Luke is hoping the highly visible location will prevent the nonstop attacks that forced him to close Thai Fusion in West Kelowna last year.

Are you related to the restaurant owner? The way you say this feels eerily descriptive.

Return to “Central Okanagan”