Nice weather

Noisy Boater
Übergod

Re: Nice weather

Post by Noisy Boater »

Its gonna be a lot warmer with my fat a$$ in my chair on the beach when we are in Cuba in a few weeks. :130:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:I don't. I'm sure we need the moisture. Plus, it isn't the dreaded "s" word . . .

Speaking of snow, my mom got 6 inches of snow last Tuesday, and it was still on the ground on Saturday when I talked to her. She says she has never seen the snow stick around for so long in October.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yesterday was gorgeous. It was tough to take even a small break from being out. I had even intended to attend an open house but could not tear myself away from the yard.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Gonna get really windy throughout southern BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba tomorrow. Gusts near Pincher Creek are forecasted to hit 130km.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Plus, 500 mm (20 inches) of rain around Vancouver over the next 7 days. Bella Bella area on the central coast has already had 300mm since Friday and more is to come.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This is the windiest day of the year by over 20km/h in Kamloops and Penticton.

wind.jpg
- Douglas Murray
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Watching the weather reporting from the Kelowna Airport and we have tied Penticton at gusting to 94km.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Only 30 km/h in Vernon.
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

GenesisGT wrote:Watching the weather reporting from the Kelowna Airport and we have tied Penticton at gusting to 94km.

The lake out by Peachland resembles the Bering Sea right now. Imagine the kite surfers are calling in sick right about now.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The 94km/h wind gust in Kelowna is the 2nd highest wind gust ever recorded in Kelowna. The only time it's been higher is April 1980 when the wind hit 100km/h. The previous October record was 76km/h from 1991. No records for Penticton where the wind can reach 121 km/h and 101km/h in October.
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Anyone remember the Storm that took out lots of trees in City Park? I was wondering how strong they were.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Bsuds wrote:Anyone remember the Storm that took out lots of trees in City Park? I was wondering how strong they were.

Yes I was thinking the same thing. I believe it was 1997. Local gusts were over 100km downtown.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Bsuds wrote:Anyone remember the Storm that took out lots of trees in City Park? I was wondering how strong they were.

I took photos of them the next morning. And a massive Willow tree branch had come down in my backyard the same night.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Interesting. Even though Lytton is the windiest place in the BC interior by a wide margin with frequent winds above 50km/h, it has never exceeded 85km/h so far this year.

Highest wind gusts recorded in the BC interior so far this year:
141 at Warfield
122 at Dease Lake
107 at Tatlayoko Lake
104 at Kamloops
104 Fort St. John
96 Revelstoke
94 Kelowna
94 Penticton
- Douglas Murray
oscillate_wildly
Fledgling

Post by oscillate_wildly »

Yup, in my first year at OUC and while having lunch break at Knobbys turned around and saw debris flying everywhere.

City Park looked like a warzone.

My dumber, younger self decided to drive down Pandosy and I was met with downed power lines and toppled trees.

Return to “Central Okanagan”