Nice weather

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Nice weather

Post by Glacier »

Frisk wrote:35 on Monday

Actuallyyyyy, 38 by Sunday.

forecast4.png

P.S. My relatives from Lillooet just dropped off some ripe cherries from their place. They have had ripe cherries for like 2 weeks! Mine are still green!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:My mom lost all of her potatoes yesterday because the temperature was close to -5C. Almost as cold this morning. Half the garden is dead.

:cry: Oh noooooooooo, that's terrible!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Alerts for: Okanagan Valley
Statements

10:52 AM PDT Friday 23 June 2017
Special weather statement in effect for:

Central Okanagan - including Kelowna
North Okanagan - including Vernon
South Okanagan - including Penticton

Hot weather is expected this weekend.

A strong upper ridge of high pressure building over the province will result in a brief heat wave over southwest BC. Temperatures will peak this weekend with maximums of at least 32 degrees expected away from the water on the South Coast and reaching the mid to high 30s over the southwestern interior. A few daily record high temperatures will likely be broken with this heat wave. For example, the record high for Abbotsford is 31.4 degrees on Saturday and 32.0 degrees on Sunday. Temperatures will moderate noticeably on Monday over the South Coast as an onshore flow of cooler, marine air develops. Temperatures in the southwest interior will also peak on Sunday and daytime highs on Monday should be at least couple of degrees cooler.

The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.

Watch for the effects of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.

Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty and stay in a cool place.

Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.

Get informed

- Check the local news for health and safety updates.
- For more information on heat-related illness, call HealthLinkBC at 811.
- Contact your local government to find out what services (such as air-conditioned buildings and public splash parks) are available in your area.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.
To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

So it will probably snow instead
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Summer is here..
Saw the Weather Delivery truck coming into town this morning..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

got sun?
Attachments
Forecast June 24th .png
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

I hate this time of year! At least i have AC...cant wait for fall!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Keep in mind that today is supposed to be several degrees hotter, here are yesterday's Canadian hotspots:

1 Lytton Rcs, Bc (Canada) 36.5° C
2 Ashcroft, Bc (Canada) 35.6° C
3 Lillooet, Bc (Canada) 35.5° C
4 Lytton A. B. C. (Canada) 35.4° C
5 Pemberton Automatic Weather Reporting System (Canada) 35.4° C
6 Merritt, Bc (Canada) 33.4° C
7 Port Alberni (Aut), Bc (Canada) 33.4° C
8 Kamloops, B. C. (Canada) 33.3° C
9 Osoyoos Automatic Weather Reporting System (Canada) 33.1° C
10 Agassiz Automated Reporting Station (Canada) 32.8° C
Last edited by Glacier on Jun 25th, 2017, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Douglas Murray
oscillate_wildly
Fledgling

Post by oscillate_wildly »

Symbonite wrote:I hate this time of year! At least i have AC...cant wait for fall!

It can stay like this year-round as far as I'm concerned. Are you saying you actually *like* socked-in overcast dreary Kelowna winters? To each their own I guess, but to me, this is paradise.
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Idiot EC people. Yesterday the forecast for today was perfection 35 and completely clear
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Symbonite wrote:I hate this time of year! At least i have AC...cant wait for fall!

oscillate_wildly wrote:It can stay like this year-round as far as I'm concerned. Are you saying you actually *like* socked-in overcast dreary Kelowna winters? To each their own I guess, but to me, this is paradise.

Amen to that!
Your bias suits you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

You don't need air conditioning in Pemberton or Princeton, but you do in Lillooet and Osoyoos because the temperature during the day will be the same, the latter places will be 20 degrees F warmer at night.

pembertonLillooet.png
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

tsayta wrote:Idiot EC people. Yesterday the forecast for today was perfection 35 and completely clear

The weather news is that the "Nowcast" is "overcast."
You're welcome! :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

When the relative humidity is below 16%, you better watch out! There's a large area of the province that's ripe for out-of-control fires.

rh-June25.png
- Douglas Murray
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I often wonder if the fellers and fellettes at EC look outside their windas to see if their 'forecasts' actually

reflect what is really going on outside.

It's cool and grey clouds up here in The Rich...whats goin' on in town?

According to EC it's nice and sunny???
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Return to “Central Okanagan”