Post by Lady tehMa »

Snow in Rutland, enough to shovel.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Nice weather

Post by Queen K »

Roads are sheer ice.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

SACF WARNING: Stay safe out there folks. Roads icy. No sanding. Lows could hit - 6.
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Just got home. It's still snowing at my place. Slippery roads could barely do the speed limit (it's against my religion to ever drive below the limit unless it's foggy). Actually, I had to go below 80 the past 5 km. Forgive my sin on that one, so I take by my assertion that anyone who can't go the limit in a snow storm should have their license yanked.

I'm much prefer slippery snowy conditions then salt and sand and slush. I hate salt and I hate sand because they are hard on my car. I'd rather drive slower on the slippery snow than get salt all over my vehicle.

Major fail for environment canada. This is the biggest snowfall of the year!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Awesome. At 10:15 EC read the castanet forums and amended the forecast low for tonight to - 6

WW
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

tsayta wrote: Feb 27th, 2024, 10:23 pm Awesome. At 10:15 EC read the castanet forums and amended the forecast low for tonight to - 6

Seriously... we should buy those guys a window and thermometer one day.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Where is the snowfall warning?? 14 cm in the past 5 hours at my place. By far the biggest snowfall of the year. Much bigger than when we had snowfall warnings!
IMG_20240227_225857.jpg
IMG_20240227_235904.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Wasn't Noiseyboater due to arrive back any day now? [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Queen K wrote: Feb 28th, 2024, 6:52 am Wasn't Noiseyboater due to arrive back any day now? [icon_lol2.gif]
Yes I am!! We are going to be friends off soon if you keep making fun of me!! (Again!!) Home Monday nite and minus 6 at YLW!!! I havent taken my warm fuzzy jammy pants off since home!!! I just keep looking at the thermometer on the deck and getting a bit teary eyed. May have to prep the 5th wheel for Vanc Island !!! Southern Portugal temps were shorts or pants dilema!!
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

But but but you keep taunting us with, "oohhh me and my Corona" posts. Fair game!
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Queen K wrote: Feb 28th, 2024, 7:58 am But but but you keep taunting us with, "oohhh me and my Corona" posts. Fair game!
Ya ya ya!! Ok you got me on that one. I should have sent pics with Sagres or Super Bock Portugese beers this time!! :130:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, you "should have", now you're all :-X "why didn't I." Ohhh look, it's minus 4 out there and that white stuff ain't melting. [icon_lol2.gif]
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Glacier wrote: Feb 28th, 2024, 12:09 am Where is the snowfall warning?? 14 cm in the past 5 hours at my place. By far the biggest snowfall of the year. Much bigger than when we had snowfall warnings!

IMG_20240227_225857.jpg

IMG_20240227_235904.jpg
Did Castanet make an error or did EC? Clearly your picture tells a different story:

Copy and paste from todays article regarding the roads:

According to Environment Canada, Kelowna officially got 2.6 millimetres of snow on Tuesday, but a lot more fell at higher elevations around the Central Okanagan.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

EC records and reports precipitation in rain equivalents. They reported 2.6mm of precipitation would be @ 10:1 equal to 2.6 cm of snow
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Coq is closed and the Trans Can is closed, was this snowfall predicted for them as well?

Return to “Central Okanagan”