Nice weather

normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Nice weather

Post by normaM »

I laugh at those who say " we need to rain to stop the smoke"
right because we have never gotten smoke from Wash state .
Don't remember another June being this wet.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'm pretty sure 2017 was at least this wet . . .

and a friend remembers snow in July on the connector (they went camping) around 20 years ago.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

With 20.3mm of precipitation, yesterday was the wettest day in more than 2 years, since New Year's Eve, 2019.
FB_IMG_1655219382688.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jun 14th, 2022, 8:04 am I'm pretty sure 2017 was at least this wet . . .

and a friend remembers snow in July on the connector (they went camping) around 20 years ago.
That 2017 album I republished from Penticton is but one I could have. We were very flooded out in all areas of Kelowna and right down the lake.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... t-72-hours

Environment Canada forecasts more rain over the next 72 hours
Environment Canada says more rain is in the forecast over the next few days, bringing with it gusting wind.

"So far, the [Okanagan] Valley itself has been spared," explained meteorologist Matt Loney.

He said most of the rain has been falling at higher terrain, but between five and 15 millimetres of rain should fall in Kelowna through the rest of Thursday with a chance of thunderstorms.

Wind will blow in from the north at 20 km/h, gusting to 50.

"As the system pulls out we are expecting a little bit of gusty winds. With lake levels being a little bit higher than normal, we could see a little bit of higher water levels," Loney said, particularly at the south end of the lake.

Loney says Friday is a similar story.

"Beyond tonight, we are expecting five to 15 millimetres over the next 72 hours."

Environment Canada says rain is also in the forecast for Sunday.

"We do have a weak system moving in so right now it is just a chance of showers. As things get closer we are going to monitor that."

On Tuesday, the City of Kelowna declared a local state of emergency due to threats to property resulting from isolated flooding along Mission Creek, Scotty Creek and the upper portions of Mill Creek.

City crews say they continue to inspect bridges, looking for debris and monitoring water levels.

The Emergency Operations Centre is asking the public to leave debris washing up on shore from the Mission Creek flood in place until water levels recede as it helps to protect from further shore erosion.

Boaters are also asked to make no wake near the shoreline.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

okarea.png
okvolume.png
okprecip.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'm glad yesterday was relatively clear - I had a chance to clean up pinecones from the neighbour's yard. Now I can walk in that area without the risk of a turned ankle.

I see a possibility of storms for today and tomorrow. Indoor work it is, then.

I love how low the fire risk is :heart:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 8:36 am I'm glad yesterday was relatively clear - I had a chance to clean up pinecones from the neighbour's yard. Now I can walk in that area without the risk of a turned ankle.

What are you doing walking in the neighbour's yard? :135:
Bring back the LIKE button.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm guessing but to get to the other side of her garden beds?

Pouring rain at 4 am woke me up and as I stood there my only thought was, "TG I didn't set up for a two day yard sale."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i love this rain :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

alanjh595 wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 8:38 am
Lady tehMa wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 8:36 am I'm glad yesterday was relatively clear - I had a chance to clean up pinecones from the neighbour's yard. Now I can walk in that area without the risk of a turned ankle.

OOPS - I meant to write "from the tree in the neighbour's yard". It is a massive pine of some kind and has been nothing but a pain in the butt. The cleanup I did gave me a pile of pinecones and needles 4 ft tall and 4 feet wide at the base (approximately). That's for this year, so far. We can't park there because it drips sap all over the vehicles. Also, it is right beside the pole that has the power for our house. And it rubs right up against it. I have spoken with Fortis (on my property, my problem), I have spoken with the neighbours (strata, nothing getting done). We looked into having an arborist trim it, got a few quotes. Looking at $600+. Which we really don't have to spare, so Husband went up on a ladder with the Sawzall to get the worst branch trimmed (I think that was April?). I was biting nails the whole time as he could barely reach it. This past week at auction we snagged a taller ladder (Featherlite, nice deal) and a brand new Pole Chainsaw. There will be more trimming done once Husband's foot has healed. I believe we are legally allowed to trim what comes over our fence - isn't that right?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

It's raining because I washed my car last night. parked under some trees that afternoon and the trees exude some kind of fine pitchy mist. After that car, washed the old classic as it had dirty water spots from the last rain. Wife's car was dirty from a couple of trips to the coast so washed it as well.
3 Cars washed, pretty much a guarantee for it to rain the next day.

Sorry :138:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Between you and QK I think we may avoid fire season entirely! :130:
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 9:21 am I believe we are legally allowed to trim what comes over our fence - isn't that right?
That's my understanding. I do it at our house on a regular basis and have done so in the past as well.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 9:21 am
alanjh595 wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 8:38 am

OOPS - I meant to write "from the tree in the neighbour's yard". It is a massive pine of some kind and has been nothing but a pain in the butt. The cleanup I did gave me a pile of pinecones and needles 4 ft tall and 4 feet wide at the base (approximately). That's for this year, so far. We can't park there because it drips sap all over the vehicles. Also, it is right beside the pole that has the power for our house. And it rubs right up against it. I have spoken with Fortis (on my property, my problem), I have spoken with the neighbours (strata, nothing getting done). We looked into having an arborist trim it, got a few quotes. Looking at $600+. Which we really don't have to spare, so Husband went up on a ladder with the Sawzall to get the worst branch trimmed (I think that was April?). I was biting nails the whole time as he could barely reach it. This past week at auction we snagged a taller ladder (Featherlite, nice deal) and a brand new Pole Chainsaw. There will be more trimming done once Husband's foot has healed. I believe we are legally allowed to trim what comes over our fence - isn't that right?
YES, that is right.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Central Okanagan”