Nice weather

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Nice weather

Post by Glacier »

My neighbor wanted me to get two Maple trees trimmed that were shading his garden. Didn't want me to do it myself because of liability so I hired a guy. Worked out to about 1,300 bucks.

Also, wow has it rained! The month is still far from over and I'm at close to 100 mm for the month. My rain barrels have been full for a long time! Crazy heavy rain at 4 am this morning. It woke me up.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Glacier wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 10:20 am My neighbor wanted me to get two Maple trees trimmed that were shading his garden. Didn't want me to do it myself because of liability so I hired a guy. Worked out to about 1,300 bucks.

Also, wow has it rained! The month is still far from over and I'm at close to 100 mm for the month. My rain barrels have been full for a long time! Crazy heavy rain at 4 am this morning. It woke me up.
:200: Wow - that's nuts! What do you mean by liability? In case you were hurt?

Yeah, it has been very wet. Full rain barrels are a definite blessing, though!
I haven't failed until I quit.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

so anyone still saying " we needed the rain?"
I'm collecting pairs for the Ark
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the more the better we need it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 9:24 am Between you and QK I think we may avoid fire season entirely! :130:
I predict fine weather by the 27th of June. And I have a neighbour with a Curly Willow Tree, I would not wish that tree on anyone in the World.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

This wet weather has done wonders for my sweet peas. I have to go out daily and train them. Watch "Growing/sharing/learning to garden: 2022" thread for what it takes to train sweet peas.
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

June showers will hopefully delay and/or postpone wildfire season this year.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Queen K wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 11:40 am
Lady tehMa wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 9:24 am Between you and QK I think we may avoid fire season entirely! :130:
I predict fine weather by the 27th of June. And I have a neighbour with a Curly Willow Tree, I would not wish that tree on anyone in the World.
great guess https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/14 ... 2/w4650378
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

GordonH wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 12:24 pm June showers will hopefully delay and/or postpone wildfire season this year.
Couple of terms.....

"hopefully" ... Yes, we can hope.
"delay and/or postpone".....Might delay it but, won't prevent it.

We have been delaying and postponing wildfires in BC for as long as I have been here (60+ years).
Every year, wildfires have happened, and every year they have become worse, since I was 5 years old.

As much as I have hated clear-cutting and how ugly the scars that have been caused upon our forests, I now believe that we need to continue with responsible tree harvesting and replanting for future generations. Without doing so, our old-growth forests are going to fall victim to forest fires like we have never seen before and will take many decades to repair.

It might be sad to say good-bye to our huge beautiful old trees but if we don't harvest them (responsibly), they will fall victim to environmental changes and destruction by indiscriminate wildfires. It is an unfortunate but necessary part of the circle of life.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 10:33 am

Like he didn't want the branches to fall on his house... Speaking of which, the neighbor across the street hired a tree faller to take down a big pine tree. For some reason the person decided that she didn't want to take the tree down in sections, so tried to fall it angled out in the street... But instead it fell the way it was leaning and landed on the brand new boat parked on the street.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

What's wrong with curly willows? I think they look cool.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

You just might be right.
It's been rare this year to see the 14 day forecast predicting average temps.
Screenshot_20220619-131642_Samsung Internet.jpg
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Glacier wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 1:02 pm
Lady tehMa wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 10:33 am

Like he didn't want the branches to fall on his house... Speaking of which, the neighbor across the street hired a tree faller to take down a big pine tree. For some reason the person decided that she didn't want to take the tree down in sections, so tried to fall it angled out in the street... But instead it fell the way it was leaning and landed on the brand new boat parked on the street.
I did the same sort of thing but, I dropped the tree across the hydro wires, shorted them out, and blew the breaker, killing the power to the entire street. OOOOooopppppssss.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Of course I'm right. I'm looking at my calendar right now. I know what's on it. Lady t knows what's on it and where I work knows what's on it. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Jun 19th, 2022, 1:14 pm

What's wrong with curly willows? I think they look cool.
You are invited to come over and pick up all the branches it drops in my yard. Large, medium, small, tiny branches, daily.

And yes, Truthy, I know I'm right about the weather. :up:

Return to “Central Okanagan”