Lake Country Rail Trail

LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Lake Country Rail Trail

Post by LANDM »

Terris wrote:The Bennetts are well known ALR land expropriators when it suited their cabal's interests and yes...

I've ridden my bike through this section dozens of times already.

There is a beach front area off the rail trail about halfway along Duck Lake that looks like it gets used by someone.

So a $22 million payout by the city gets trumped by well known land pirates/barons who have, in the past,( and currently) shown no regard for the land rights of others (ie. Curtis Rd), and now demand "protection" from the same ALC that they have fought in the past.

The irony is hilarious...

:popcorn:

Except for the fact that it worked. The ALC has given the protection.

It is fascinating (and hilarious) that someone finds hilarious irony in this but not when the same person profits from removing their own land from the ALR for the purposes of resale. That is true irony.

Don’t fill up too much on the popcorn. I’m heading down to Orchard Park to dance a little jig so I can pick up a bag at Kernels if you run out, buddy. :popcorn:
You and 71 others Like this post
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

coleen black wrote:
Maybe if all you non-horse people 'had a horse',you would have a completely different viewpoint and not be so selfish about having this muti-kilometer, out in the country riding trail all to yourselves. Now, now, I feel your need to be defensive about this because its now your turn at having your past time enjoyment attacked. But alot of the reasoning about why horses maybe should not be allowed on the trail is the same items that horse riders use when trying to eliminate ATV's and motorcycles from all these trails. (obvious differences of course).
p.s. there are many pedestrians who love to see and share the city Greenway with these beautiful creatures,and then there are the "those" smaller minded people that "can't share"and won't cut anyone else any slack.
Not everyone enjoys having to walk, peddle around a continuous pile of horse crap, thats fine, so on some trails, horses should not be allowed.
Of all the general public meetings I have been to regarding all these different trails through out the area, its always the horse loving people that are the loudest about stopping everyone else usage of the trails.

There is not a horse owner in this city that wouldn't absolutely love to ride this new Rail Trail.The city of Kelowna thinks the Greenway is good enough for us to ride on and by comparison the traffic and pedestrians on the Greenway will probably remain much heavier with people than this new Rail Trail (which is out of city and should be more horse-friendly)))))
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

cuba108 wrote:Rode the rail trail to Vernon today,passed by hundreds between Oyama and Coldstream. Also stopped by my sisters at Crystal Waters, a multi million house right on the trail. They have never had a problem with trespassers or thieves, but the Bennett’s are worried about someone venturing hundreds of metres off the trail? Give me a break!

Delusional soyboys they are. Criminals are LAZY! Far, far too lazy to walk down a busy trail to steal things.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

In Grand forks they were using ATV,s.....here they use bikes with trailers.

Re the Horse use.. who would not rather ride a horse on the east side of Kal Lake ? They should work on that maybe .
The rail was put in to move people and freight.. not horses ..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

A very welcome sight out on the trail yesterday... The Regional District had the dog control people out there checking to make sure dogs are on leashes and that owners are picking up after them. While I doubt they did anything more than give a few warnings to anyone not complying one can only hope that eventually they will start with more rigorous enforcement... especially for those that don't think they need to pick up after their dogs...
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

RVThereYet wrote:A very welcome sight out on the trail yesterday... The Regional District had the dog control people out there checking to make sure dogs are on leashes and that owners are picking up after them. While I doubt they did anything more than give a few warnings to anyone not complying one can only hope that eventually they will start with more rigorous enforcement... especially for those that don't think they need to pick up after their dogs...

and the darn horse poo
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

gman313 wrote:
RVThereYet wrote:A very welcome sight out on the trail yesterday... The Regional District had the dog control people out there checking to make sure dogs are on leashes and that owners are picking up after them. While I doubt they did anything more than give a few warnings to anyone not complying one can only hope that eventually they will start with more rigorous enforcement... especially for those that don't think they need to pick up after their dogs...

and the darn horse poo

I use the trail a lot, several times a week ... What I see is a lot of dog *bleep* everywhere, I'm not talking off to the side in the bushes either, but more or less right in the middle of the trail, absolutely disgusting, especially around Lake Country between the Tennis Courts and the Oyama Boat Launch. Lots of dogs off leash too, but some owners at least grab theirs by the collar as you approach, but many don't. So far this year I've seen a horse only twice (same rider both times I'm pretty sure), I haven't seen any horse *bleep* left behind, but there was some evidence of it having been pushed off into the bush. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with allowing horses, so long as riders were made to carry shovels to clean up after their animals (collapsible camping shovels would work pretty good I think), just throw it off into the bush. I find the dog *bleep* far more disgusting ...
r012

Post by r012 »

Sure would be nice to not have to ride on the highway by duck lake, not many people will want to risk the ride.Too bad the trail will never be completed.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

LANDM wrote: Don’t fill up too much on the popcorn. I’m heading down to Orchard Park to dance a little jig so I can pick up a bag at Kernels if you run out, buddy. :popcorn:

Watch out for leaky Depends aka "Bill manure"...

For years the Eldorado Ranch had trains pass through this area over the access points in question with nary a peep from the "farmers" and where suddenly now, a few people walking or on bicycles is suddenly now a HUGE safety concern.

Nope. This petulant foot stamping is definitely all about payback for being denied development of MacIntosh properties group Springfield Rd "orchard" land.

Plain and simple...
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I haven't been on it this year, it goes right past my doorstep, but,
it is way too busy, noisy and …….busy now.

It used to be nice, not so much anymore.

Another thing ruined..And then there is the Pelmewash fiasco. what a waste.

Just leave :cuss: alone !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
rocky-road
Fledgling

Post by rocky-road »

Terris wrote:
LANDM wrote: Don’t fill up too much on the popcorn. I’m heading down to Orchard Park to dance a little jig so I can pick up a bag at Kernels if you run out, buddy. :popcorn:

For years the Eldorado Ranch had trains pass through this area over the access points in question with nary a peep from the "farmers" and where suddenly now, a few people walking or on bicycles is suddenly now a HUGE safety concern.

Nope. This petulant foot stamping is definitely all about payback for being denied development of MacIntosh properties group Springfield Rd "orchard" land.

Plain and simple...

I’ve never heard of a train passing through stealing anything. However the few people you mentioned....which adds up to hundreds a week, and that’s conservative, aren’t necessarily the problem. It’s the fact that now the criminals can easily walk or bike through....scope out what’s there’s to steal, easily watch the pattern of when it’s a good time, and raid the homes, shops, garages, etc. It’s rampant since the trail has gone in. They didn’t have the easy access before. But now they have 24/7, 365 days a year access.
Unless you live along the rail trail you probably have no idea what’s happening. Don’t be so quick to judge something that you know nothing about.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

dirtybiker wrote:I haven't been on it this year, it goes right past my doorstep, but,
it is way too busy, noisy and …….busy now.

It used to be nice, not so much anymore.

Another thing ruined..And then there is the Pelmewash fiasco. what a waste.

Just leave :cuss: alone !

Just to bump this again, This trail goes right past my doorstep, unimpeded.
Zero increase in crime !
I do hope it stays that way, but, as of yet, most of the issues are just the
increased traffic, the dog crap, and the.....ah...privacy.

Having a bbq or just sitting to enjoy, and a constant swarm of people where they
once, were not.

Selfish as it may be....it be...
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

I’ve never heard of a train passing through stealing anything. However the few people you mentioned....which adds up to hundreds a week, and that’s conservative, aren’t necessarily the problem. It’s the fact that now the criminals can easily walk or bike through....scope out what’s there’s to steal, easily watch the pattern of when it’s a good time, and raid the homes, shops, garages, etc. It’s rampant since the trail has gone in. They didn’t have the easy access before. But now they have 24/7, 365 days a year access.
Unless you live along the rail trail you probably have no idea what’s happening. Don’t be so quick to judge something that you know nothing about.[/quote]

Sorry, but that's no more reason to ban me from the trails than it is to ban you from downtown.
It is a reason for increased attention from the police though, and possibly a limitation of hours of access.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

bernie428 wrote: and possibly a limitation of hours of access.

That only works for honest people anyways.....so moot point....
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Terris wrote:

Plain and simple...

Maybe they should hire someone with a proven track record of removing land from the ALR.....looking for a job?
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Central Okanagan”