Kelowna Mountain Suspension Bridge

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Kelowna Mountain Suspension Bridge

Post by Treblehook »

I would think that the person who erected that suspension bridge is 100% liable for any injury or death that occurs in relation to it, for as long as it is there and nobody else takes legal possession. He should have removed it rather than leave it there in a deteriorating condition.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Treblehook wrote:I would think that the person who erected that suspension bridge is 100% liable for any injury or death that occurs in relation to it, for as long as it is there and nobody else takes legal possession. He should have removed it rather than leave it there in a deteriorating condition.

That is a valid and interesting concern .

I agree with you it should be maintained or removed
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Treblehook wrote:I would think that the person who erected that suspension bridge is 100% liable for any injury or death that occurs in relation to it, for as long as it is there and nobody else takes legal possession. He should have removed it rather than leave it there in a deteriorating condition.

Jflem1983 wrote:That is a valid and interesting concern .

I agree with you it should be maintained or removed

- or people could respect the fact it's private property.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

WalterWhite wrote:or people could respect the fact it's private property.

Not could --- Should respect the fact it is private property and not to trespass.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Yeah stay out of mines , gravel pits ratty bridges that are on posted property..
i think the white stuff was so you can see them from Lakeshore RD... Heyy what is that...? ?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Obviously people should respect private property, but that was a behavior of days gone by.. The fact it is private property and posted no trespassing, would have little or no effect on the outcome of a civil suit following someone being injured or killed while trespassing. Successful suits have resulted from criminals being injured while in the process of breaking and entering premises. One I know of involved a suspect who fell from an outdoor stairway that was deemed to have been in poor repair. Millions of dollars were awarded. The chap that was developing Kelowna Mountain [seemed] to march to his own drummer, so I guess he will have to face the music if some kid gets hurt up there.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Treblehook wrote:Obviously people should respect private property, but that was a behavior of days gone by.. The fact it is private property and posted no trespassing, would have little or no effect on the outcome of a civil suit following someone being injured or killed while trespassing. Successful suits have resulted from criminals being injured while in the process of breaking and entering premises. One I know of involved a suspect who fell from an outdoor stairway that was deemed to have been in poor repair. Millions of dollars were awarded. The chap that was developing Kelowna Mountain [seemed] to march to his own drummer, so I guess he will have to face the music if some kid gets hurt up there.

Millions, wow. If you know the name of that lawyer please pm it to me.
The Kelowna Mountain chap does march to his own drummer, if you had that type of money go through your hands I will bet you would also.
Now, would he be responsible at this point or the ones overseeing the foreclosure sale?
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

I think if someone is foolish enough to trespass on private property and they get hurt, the owner should never be liable. If there are clear and obvious signs up stating private property, and in this case maybe some danger signs on the bridges, or something, then the trespasser has broken the law, and took thier chances. Roll of the dice. People need to respect the law and stay off private property. Personal responsibility.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bungee jumping anyone
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

fall wrote:
Treblehook wrote:Obviously people should respect private property, but that was a behavior of days gone by.. The fact it is private property and posted no trespassing, would have little or no effect on the outcome of a civil suit following someone being injured or killed while trespassing. Successful suits have resulted from criminals being injured while in the process of breaking and entering premises. One I know of involved a suspect who fell from an outdoor stairway that was deemed to have been in poor repair. Millions of dollars were awarded. The chap that was developing Kelowna Mountain [seemed] to march to his own drummer, so I guess he will have to face the music if some kid gets hurt up there.

Millions, wow. If you know the name of that lawyer please pm it to me.
The Kelowna Mountain chap does march to his own drummer, if you had that type of money go through your hands I will bet you would also.
Now, would he be responsible at this point or the ones overseeing the foreclosure sale?

Both, simply due to the shotgun approach of lawsuits and the fact that one is an owner and one is a seller.

As for the claim of millions being awarded in the top comments above, I too am curious about it as Canada's system typically would not support this type of judgement. Urban tales support this and it won't take long for it to become "billions" awarded in the stair fall.....said in your best Dr Evil voice.
You and 71 others Like this post
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Just came up in my Facebook newsfeed reminding people they are closed and trespassing is prohibited.

IMG_7636.PNG
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

We need a *bleep* Law..
Is there anyone here , that thinks you could collect if you sued the builder of this.. :200:
Last edited by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown on Apr 9th, 2017, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Hmmmmm......blood out of a stone comes to mind, for some reason.
You and 71 others Like this post
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Wonder if he will pay what's owed at the eleventh hour and is just playing games.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Just saw a post on FB saying Kelowna Mountain is open Saturdays and Sundays 10-5 July and August?

Return to “Central Okanagan”