Kelowna Mountain Suspension Bridge

fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Kelowna Mountain Suspension Bridge

Post by fall »

Can the parcel of land for sale be subdivided? I didn't read the whole story or catch the acreage. You would think someone or a developer would scoop it up fairly quick and make a subdivision if that is allowable. Call it Okanagan Valley subdivision instead of Kettle valley, or rather than decent houses on postage size lots with neighbours 4 feet in every direction charge a bit more and space the lots out. 8 mil is not a lot for many people these days.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Someone with more money than brains, will purchase it.... I'm sure.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

GordonH wrote:Someone with more money than brains, will purchase it.... I'm sure.

As opposed to..? More brains than money...no one lends to that either....lol
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

GordonH wrote:Someone with more money than brains, will purchase it.... I'm sure.

Or perhaps as an investment for who knows what down the road. Kelowna is getting very busy and prices are climbing.
Big parcels like that are few and far.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Another sea of houses soon to be in that area....and if you think it will be anything more than postage stamp houses i would be very suprised. No yard and no parking.....and yet have to drive at least 30 minutes just to get into town.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Symbonite wrote:Another sea of houses soon to be in that area....and if you think it will be anything more than postage stamp houses i would be very suprised. No yard and no parking.....and yet have to drive at least 30 minutes just to get into town.

Was just an idea, make bigger lots and charge more. Either way, someone will profit from the purchase in due course.
No yard, no parking, houses so close you can pass something through the window, a congested drive into town, living the dream up there lol.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

fall wrote:Or perhaps as an investment for who knows what down the road. Kelowna is getting very busy and prices are climbing.
Big parcels like that are few and far.

Just what that part of Kelowna needs more housing, would make Lakeshore & Gordon Dr more of big headache.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Just what Kelowna needs anywhere, but that is the reality of living here now, like it or not.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

fall wrote:Just what Kelowna needs anywhere, but that is the reality of living here now.

Only traffic issue my neighbourhood is the street is used as speed track between 2 main roads. Maybe one day the CoK would install speed bumps.... not holding my breath.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

This was a total failure from the word go, not quite ready up in that region.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Looks like 2 of the 3 parcels are for sale, this isn't the one mentioned in the article: https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Vaca ... bia-V1W4L6
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I wonder if the weird subdivision with fake vineyards down below is for sale. I guess Trump didn't become a partner after all
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

So...according to the listing, the 320 acres includes the welcome centre and a portion of the tiered patio.
Huh ?? :135:
For 8 million, you get a fairly useless building that is already starting to fall apart, 319 acres of rocky hillside...and half a patio.

As for this parcel every being subdivided...not in the near future.
That was one of the biggest battles with Consiglio and the RDCO....there is no water up there.
It is also not zoned for residential.

But...thank gawd he's not involved with destroying that land any more than he already has.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

fall wrote:
Symbonite wrote:Another sea of houses soon to be in that area....and if you think it will be anything more than postage stamp houses i would be very suprised. No yard and no parking.....and yet have to drive at least 30 minutes just to get into town.

Was just an idea, make bigger lots and charge more. Either way, someone will profit from the purchase in due course.
No yard, no parking, houses so close you can pass something through the window, a congested drive into town, living the dream up there lol.

They'll sell by the dozen to more idiots moving from Vancouver. Then a couple of years later they'll pop up on here complaining about Upper Mission traffic and the commute into town to get their Starbucks.

Build it, and they will come.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

lightspeed wrote:They'll sell by the dozen to more idiots moving from Vancouver. Then a couple of years later they'll pop up on here complaining about Upper Mission traffic and the commute into town to get their Starbucks.

Build it, and they will come.

You know it. What about the idiots from Alberta? They are just as bad if not worse. (hope your not an Albertan lol)

Return to “Central Okanagan”