New recreation Park for Glenmore

VHardy

Re: New recreation Park for Glenmore

Post by VHardy »

Does anyone know if the sports courts will be pickleball or tennis?
I'd be really excited if it were pickleball:-)
HP
Board Meister

Post by HP »

The only thing I'd like to see added to the plan (and I know its not cheap to build or maintain) is to have a proper fieldhouse with change facilities, showers, and a place to store field dressing (cones, markers, nets, etc). The artificial turf facility in the Mission is embarrassing. Teams bring in a bus full of kids for a competitive sporting event and there is no place for them to change or shower after the game. Teams are literally getting changed on the bus. The storage situation is a sea can.

The city plan calls for a "future fieldhouse" but, to me, it should be part of the day-1 plan and if the city needs to go to the private sector and sell naming rights on the thing to get it built then I say do it. It will only add to the utility of the facilities.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 21st, 2017, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

Great Idea. But building it on provincial ARL is going cost us a lot. Some of the conditions we have to meet is to remediate the baseball diamonds on 500 Valley road back to agricultural land and find a new home for the Glenmore firehouse so it's land can be given back to the ALC. http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news/ ... 52f16.html

I just hope this time they make a park that will be up to standards so it will not be a land bargaining tool for kelowna's next bigger park.
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."

Return to “Central Okanagan”