Looking for injection site

Wave101
Fledgling

Looking for injection site

Post by Wave101 »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#173093

As I get older I am noticing more often how the government loves to find new ways to spend tax dollars.
Is this really a good investment for our money? What is the ROI? How will this help our children have a better life than us? Has anyone actually asked us if we want these sites in our communities? Who exactly is the government listening to when they make their decisions?
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Looking for injection site

Post by Even Steven »

Wave101 wrote:What is the ROI? How will this help our children have a better life than us? Has anyone actually asked us if we want these sites in our communities? Who exactly is the government listening to when they make their decisions?

Safe injection sites do have a track record of reducing overdose deaths and harm associated with them. Me thinks there's actually research done based on the history of having it in Downtown Vancouver and making a decision to expand the operation isn't baseless.
shelbyguy1

Post by shelbyguy1 »

NOT on Leon Ave.
About the safest place I can think of and makes sense is the New Interior Heath Building at Ellis and Doyle.
Adding another "honey pot" to Leon Ave. is just a bad idea.
The new facility at Doyle would have the resources, space and most importantly closer proximity to the police station in case something happens that needs a police presence.
Spreading around social services might prevent the area around the Gospel Mission becoming an even larger nuisance.
suzuki

Post by suzuki »

Think the money would be better spent on rehab facilities that are so lacking in this community. So many folks wanting help and it is not available here.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

shelbyguy1 wrote:NOT on Leon Ave.
About the safest place I can think of and makes sense is the New Interior Heath Building at Ellis and Doyle.

Me thinks that facilities oriented at homeless people with drug problems should be located where homeless people with drug problems tend to congregate.
Wave101
Fledgling

Post by Wave101 »

Safe injection sites do have a track record of reducing overdose deaths and harm associated with them. Me thinks there's actually research done based on the history of having it in Downtown Vancouver and making a decision to expand the operation isn't baseless.

This is a band aid solution. When we close schools to open safe injection sites we need to reevaluate our society as a whole.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Those are two different issues.
Wave101
Fledgling

Post by Wave101 »

jimmy4321 wrote:Those are two different issues.

hmmm yes now that you mention it, I realize now that it is indeed two different issues. One uses tax dollars to spend money on our future minds to make this country a better place and the other uses our tax dollars to spend money on people who want to live the druggie lifestyle for the rest of their lives. Yes thank you for clearing that up, I see it all very clearly now.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

shelbyguy1 wrote:NOT on Leon Ave.
Adding another "honey pot" to Leon Ave. is just a bad idea.
The new facility at Doyle would have the resources, space and most importantly closer proximity to the police station in case something happens that needs a police presence.
Spreading around social services might prevent the area around the Gospel Mission becoming an even larger nuisance.

Just a reminder, the police station is moving.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Wave101 wrote:
hmmm yes now that you mention it, I realize now that it is indeed two different issues. One uses tax dollars to spend money on our future minds to make this country a better place and the other uses our tax dollars to spend money on people who want to live the druggie lifestyle for the rest of their lives. Yes thank you for clearing that up, I see it all very clearly now.

It's about saving lives and MONEY.
The costs savings preventing chronic diseases and treatment to users and others, medical costs associated with OD's etc.
Wave101
Fledgling

Post by Wave101 »

It's about saving lives and MONEY.
The costs savings preventing chronic diseases and treatment to users and others, medical costs associated with OD's etc.

Educating our children to prevent them from becoming druggies saves lives and MONEY. I contend that we save more money through education than by safe injection sites.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imo it will end up on leon ave,or rutland,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

suzuki wrote:Think the money would be better spent on rehab facilities that are so lacking in this community. So many folks wanting help and it is not available here.

Oh you mean like Crossroads which was shut down in Rutland not too long ago?

Yes, they had one. No it's gone.

So instead of treating to get rid of drug problems, the government caves and provides safe injection sites and OD kits for the home.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I knew 2 people that worked at crossroads, it was a gongshow , guys there were high every day of the week, if your beds are empty you do not get paid, so they never really wanted to kick out the guys that were a problem ,sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

its up to parents to educate there kids on drugs no one else, if you can not raise your kids and do your job as a parent keep yor *removed* pants on
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 12th, 2016, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.

Return to “Central Okanagan”