No Bail for Fentynal Charges

Re: No Bail for Fentynal Charges

Postby TerriJ73 » Feb 7th, 2019, 10:55 am

Any update on this. This guy must be in Mexico by now.
I’m awesome I

the truth likes this post.
TerriJ73
Fledgling

Liked in: 93 posts

Postby wanderer » Feb 7th, 2019, 1:09 pm

Or the bottom of the lake !?

2 people like this post.
wanderer
Board Meister

Liked in: 433 posts

Postby the truth » Feb 7th, 2019, 1:51 pm

wanderer wrote:Or the bottom of the lake !?

:up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6799 posts

Postby TerriJ73 » Feb 7th, 2019, 1:53 pm

wanderer wrote:Or the bottom of the lake !?

Wonder if any whales or ogopogo or other marine life are in the loop. One would have to wonder if a whale who has something to hide knows if this is a fresh water mystery.
I’m awesome I
TerriJ73
Fledgling

Postby TerriJ73 » Feb 14th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Any updates on this?
I’m awesome I
TerriJ73
Fledgling

Postby bob vernon » Feb 15th, 2019, 10:24 am

Until the justice system (which is us) gets serious with drug dealers, the opioid deaths will continue. We do not have to charge dealers with murder or manslaughter, just make dealing in fentanyl, carfentanyl, heroin, cocaine, and meth punishable with life in prison. Or let's really get serious and let's bring back the death penalty. Dealers are willing to ruin peoples' lives and will sell them drugs to take their clients to the edge of death and beyond. Make the punishment fit the crime.

Until we get serious about these crimes, the opiod crisis will continue. The current catch and release we have doesn't work.

4 people like this post.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1421 posts

Postby the truth » Feb 15th, 2019, 10:32 am

build a giant jail in the middle rockies and they will come, stop f ing around with these dealers of death
Last edited by the truth on Feb 15th, 2019, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6799 posts

Postby TerriJ73 » Feb 15th, 2019, 11:12 am

the truth wrote:build a giant jail in the middle rockies and they will comes, stop f ing around with these dealers of death

Dealers like this guy and also his backers (whales that fund him) need to be brought to justice.

It’s doubtful that this guy magically came up with the money for a shop, equipment to create pills etc. The question is, where did he get that startup money and who is the whale that gave it to him? The behind the scenes funder/whale is a real story here.
Did the Big Red Machine find him? Did a relative invest in this? Maybe both?

There must be an interesting story ready to come out about at least one whale.
Last edited by TerriJ73 on Feb 15th, 2019, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m awesome I
TerriJ73
Fledgling

Postby dle » Feb 15th, 2019, 11:21 am

when you go to a doctor, have a surgery etc and somebody in the medical profession prescribes an opioid for you for pain, because of its addictive nature, all of those prescriptions should be lifelong renewable, or a substitute not as addictive given, until the person is no longer craving it. A lot of the addicts became street addicts because their doc's pulled the plugs on their meds and they hit the streets looking for it there. A lot of those people had addictive personalities to begin with and the docs don't take that into consideration before they farm out the drugs.

That would stop a lot of people from being statistics, from losing everything and living on the streets.

Those who are addicted because they were drug "enjoyers" and "it'll never happen to me, I know what I'm doing" types from an early age - that's a whole different ballgame. Irresponsibility comes easy to some and they expect & demand (and receive) all of their necessities of life from others. Until that changes neither will they.

These are the people the fentanyl drug dealers prey on.....no matter which road the addict took to get where he/she is today, that road went through a drug dealer at some point, and that drug dealer most probably when through a Court system at one point that failed us all.

The drug dealers road often leads through the Courtroom and right out the back door.......

The courts and the medical profession need to up their game and stop telling us, after they've created the dire situation, to suck it up and be prepared to pay for wet housing and life-long keep for the addicts.

Keep the dealers in jail. If the laws are such an "a$$" that technicalities exist that get these scumbags acquitted then those laws need to be dealt with and changed.
dle
Übergod

Liked in: 2021 posts

Postby TerriJ73 » Feb 15th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Keep the low level dealers in jail until the name they whales.
I’m awesome I

the truth likes this post.
TerriJ73
Fledgling

Postby Piecemaker » Feb 15th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Often the low-level dealers don't know the "whales". They get their drugs from a supplier up the chain. Even if they name the person they got their supply from, it is inadmissible as hearsay.
That's even if they know the name of their supplier. Burner phones and all that...
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

TerriJ73 likes this post.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1788 posts

Postby TerriJ73 » Feb 15th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Piecemaker wrote:Often the low-level dealers don't know the "whales". They get their drugs from a supplier up the chain. Even if they name the person they got their supply from, it is inadmissible as hearsay.
That's even if they know the name of their supplier. Burner phones and all that...

Good point. For all we know, one of the whales in this case lives in a different country, or maybe even works in the local white collar industry and lives in the Mission area close to Sarsons Beach. Who knows.
I’m awesome I

Piecemaker likes this post.
TerriJ73
Fledgling

Postby cutter7 » Feb 15th, 2019, 10:03 pm

All this hatred towards drug dealers and you support police letting dealers go in exchange for evidence on other dealers? Oh the hypocrisy

Larger dealers cannot stay hidden if the street level dealers are taken out. Quit the catch and release of small fry and you will catch bigger fish.

voice of reason likes this post.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby TerriJ73 » Feb 15th, 2019, 10:16 pm

cutter7 wrote:All this hatred towards drug dealers and you support police letting dealers go in exchange for evidence on other dealers? Oh the hypocrisy

Larger dealers cannot stay hidden if the street level dealers are taken out. Quit the catch and release of small fry and you will catch bigger fish.

Whale’s gotta whale, but the walls close in eventually.
I’m awesome I
TerriJ73
Fledgling

Postby bob vernon » Feb 15th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Let's make Kelowna great again.

voice of reason likes this post.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1421 posts

PreviousNext