Big plane circling

A potpourri of off-topics.
ohgeeze
Generalissimo Postalot

Big plane circling

Post by ohgeeze »

I see Castanet just reported the plane circling, I too was wondering what's going on. It sounded big but I was busy making supper so I couldn't go out and check LOL. Definitely would like to know why this was happening!
artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Re: Big plane circling

Post by artistwithaflare »

Castanet's Updates usually take hours so it might be quicker to stick your head out the window? Is it still circling...? or, gone? :200:
Just say it as it is!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

It flew over Penticton around 5pm tonight; low, headed North. Appeared to be either a C130 or Orion/Aurora Military 4 eng. plane. Likely doing routine manouvers; they often do in this area.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

It was indeed a C-130 Hercules and it was conducting training in the local area. Hardly newsworthy.
ohgeeze
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by ohgeeze »

Jx3 wrote:It was indeed a C-130 Hercules and it was conducting training in the local area. Hardly newsworthy.

Newsworthy when you don't know what's going on and it sounds like it's going to land on your house. It's nice that you were aware that this was going on but others would like to know as well.
ORWELL

Post by ORWELL »

Why would anyone in their right mind allow a Hercules to “mountain” train at or less than 300 feet directly over residential populated homes, whilst pulling hard turns ??

There is an entire mountain of unpopulated mountain directly across the lake.

Only in their heads did they think that was a top gun move.

NAV Canada can be contacted for aircraft that violate and operate at less than 300 feet over populated residential homes. They are the only ones who can and will respond to your incident and send you a ‘statement’ package to fill out.
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

I wish it had been over our house,would have loved to see and hear :D it.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

ORWELL wrote:Why would anyone in their right mind allow a Hercules to “mountain” train at or less than 300 feet directly over residential populated homes, whilst pulling hard turns ??

NAV Canada can be contacted for aircraft that violate and operate at less than 300 feet over populated residential homes. They are the only ones who can and will respond to your incident and send you a ‘statement’ package to fill out.

Does'nt apply to the military.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

ORWELL wrote:Why would anyone in their right mind allow a Hercules to “mountain” train at or less than 300 feet directly over residential populated homes, whilst pulling hard turns ??

where does it say they were at 300 feet I doubt they were even close to being that low
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

It was an Airbus A-380, heard he lost his course after taking off from the Mabel Lake air strip.
Sure do love Rutland!!
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

phasyluck wrote:It was an Airbus A-380, heard he lost his course after taking off from the Mabel Lake air strip.

Close but not correct. It was Donald Trump's 757. The pilots took a wrong turn en route to Ohio.
Attachments
trump.jpg
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

We were biking around the reservoir when I saw him. No way he was close to 300 ft above homes. Felt low, but not that low.

Cool to see fer sure.
hiyashi

Post by hiyashi »

ORWELL wrote:NAV Canada can be contacted for aircraft that violate and operate at less than 300 feet over populated residential homes. They are the only ones who can and will respond to your incident and send you a ‘statement’ package to fill out.

This is incorrect. We at the tower do not have stacks of "statement" packages at the ready to hand out to concerned citizens. We are the ANS provider. Transport Canada is the creator and keeper of the rules. Contact them, that's what we do.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Steve-O wrote:We were biking around the reservoir when I saw him. No way he was close to 300 ft above homes. Felt low, but not that low.

Cool to see fer sure.

It's pretty hard to tell, we watched it do sharp turns over Mission Hill subdivision numerous times. I'm sure the homes on the mountain could smell the fumes that you could see pouring out of the engines when they were gunned to regain elevation after each maneuver.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “Grab Bag”