To Pedestrians & Cyclists

Home of the traffic rant.
CoachGuy

Cyclists

Post by CoachGuy »

It's started again. The cyclists are out and many of them are disobeying the basic traffic laws in which we have to abide by. Not stopping at red lights, stop signs etc.... There needs to be some enforcement with penalty.....
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Cyclists

Post by lightspeed »

Cycling the wrong way down a street, through an intersection, helmetless, black clad, unlit geniuses.

"The city of Kelowna is asking people driving motor vehicles to be more aware of other road users."

Great but how about teaching some of these goofs how to ride, the rules of the road, basic cycling road safety, and more.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Cyclists

Post by GordonH »

*Threads have been merged. Thanks! :)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
spooker

Re: Bicycle Riders

Post by spooker »

CoachGuy wrote:It's started again. The cyclists are out and many of them are disobeying the basic traffic laws in which we have to abide by. Not stopping at red lights, stop signs etc.... There needs to be some enforcement with penalty.....

There is enforcement ... and the tickets do include fines ... we've had this discussion ad nauseam ...

More food for thought:
http://cyclingmagazine.ca/spotlight/cyclists-break-traffics-laws-personal-safety-reasons-save-energy-study/
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: To Pedestrians & Cyclists

Post by Queen K »

Okay, today I was on Wintergreen Drive making a right hand curve when a cyclist appeared in my lane. She was wearing a yellow dress and balancing a coffee cup in her right hand while steering with her left hand. She was cutting into the corner right in my lane. Cut me right off, right in front of the SUV. Said, "Sorry" as she went by.

This is why people hate how cyclists see the whole road as their playground.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

To the Asian woman crossing the road 5 feet from the actual crosswalk on Lanfranco Road, glued to your "smart" phone, not looking around for traffic at all:

NO AMOUNT of money you ever win with your assistance with lawyers will ever compensate you for your loss of physical health.

NO AMOUNT whatsoever. You may have won millions from my insurance if I had also been like most drivers today, glued to a phone and not seen you.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
Knowing how fast some drivers take that section of Baron Rd, add in the foot traffic from Condo's to grocery & other stores.
I'm surprised not more people have been hit is that area.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -crosswalk
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

About the four cretins riding two abreast today.....approaching a blind corner up a hill one of the cretins is waving a car behind to overtake.

Thing is, a car is coming down the hill towards them, so the now-overtaking car nearly has a head on.

Idiots....
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

lightspeed wrote:About the four cretins riding two abreast today.....approaching a blind corner up a hill one of the cretins is waving a car behind to overtake.

Thing is, a car is coming down the hill towards them, so the now-overtaking car nearly has a head on.

Idiots....
The question is , "was the driver of the car behind just as much as a cretin as the cyclist to go ahead and over take " ??

There are only more *bleep* drivers than cyclists simply because there are more cars on the road than bikes. Myself being a dedicated pedestrian for 8 years , I can be honest and say you're BOTH a bunch of asshats...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
spooker

Post by spooker »

Makes me think there is hope after all ... a different perspective

People walking dark clothes. Bicycles with no lights. When I'm driving, every one of them is a reminder to me that I can see them provided I look and anticipate; and with every one I see, the chance of me forgetting to look and anticipate is reduced. They make me a better driver.

https://twitter.com/beztweets/status/937012440696532992
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I swear to God the colour of choice for Winter early morning pedestrians and cyclists is "Pitch Black" followed by "Dark Black" to "Prince of Night Black" to "Slate Black" running into fifty shades of dark grey for jackets and coats.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Queen K wrote:I swear to God the colour of choice for Winter early morning pedestrians and cyclists is "Pitch Black" followed by "Dark Black" to "Prince of Night Black" to "Slate Black" running into fifty shades of dark grey for jackets and coats.

I carry reflective paint in my truck and i slow down and give them a skunk stripe . [icon_lol2.gif]
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

My condolences to the Family & Friends of the cyclist who died of there injuries

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... n-hospital
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

And I am sure the driver of the vehicle, who didn't set out to be involved, is feeling a lot of remorse trying to figure out how the situation developed, what if, should of, could of.... a real tragedy the driver will not forget.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
My condolences to the family & friends of the pedestrian.
https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... eved-fatal

Drivers need to slow down in parking lots.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”