Vagrancy by-law approved and passed.

Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Re: Vagrancy by-law approved and passed.

Post by Monsterdriver »

W105 wrote:how is bartering beer for fish or bread, a work or die thing ???? and why didn't you just buy the blind dude fish or bread instead of beer ????

maybe you're getting played Monster ??? maybe your feeding someones addiction and don't even know it ???

He didn't ask for a fish and I didn't offer a fish. Getting played, maybe, I don't care. Addiction, you have an imagination, and that's cool.
Another thing, your ? key is stuck.
Stupid or Ugly; you need to decide, you can't be both
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

willow2 wrote:Nice story.
What do you want me to do? Apologies? Sorry that I offend you and don't go live off the land like you seem to be doing.
In your opinion everyone needs to suck it up and stop complaining. Get a life regardless. Your judging people you don't even know, and can not even relate or understand because you've never really been there. Everyone is different if you haven't noticed. But you would have it that everyone be the same, and be just like you cause you no it all. And your perfect.
I'm done.

It is a good story and I am surrounded by great people. You don't owe me an apology and I never expected one, don't know why you would suggest that.

You just judged me and you don't know me.
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

Several people have responded about enabling a disabled person and then insinuated he may have an addiction because he enjoyed a beer on a hot afternoon. My point was, and is that perhaps Canadian society may be enabling some or many of the homeless people to remain on the street.

In short "tough love" but with a homeless twist.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Compassion. Learn about Jesus Christ. Monster driver....indeed.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Good. The squatters are getting out of hand. At least once a week I have to go downtown to my wife's work and evict groups of them from the alcove into the entrance of her work. Half the time they are compliant, the other half are standoffish, rude and mildly threatening. There are some that like to follow her into the parkade, corner her in the elevator and ask her for change. Creepy to say the least. My wife shouldn't have to carry mace just to walk 1/2 block to her car.

It's actually getting pretty out of hand. I support anything that makes Kelowna less appealing to the homeless, because right now it is paradise for them. They get free reign to wander around stealing, making messes, and being a threat to the health and safety of the community while we have to protect ourselves from them. Kelowna's citizens have no obligation to feed and house the transients that stop here to take their place on the streets.

There are many people, unfortunately, who think that this is ok and that these people are just down on their luck and looking for help. They're not predators at all and simply need a chance. lol
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

they should enforce the varancy laws on those hobos and crackheads that are laying out front of in from the cold every morning
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

voice of reason wrote:they should enforce the varancy laws on those hobos and crackheads that are laying out front of in from the cold every morning

Have you complained? By-law staff are much more likely to deal with an issue if someone complains. .
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

next time the usual posters and they know who they are feel so proud of themselves for talking down about homless people from the cowards position of hiding behind a computer should read this story once a day .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 51656.html
:smt045

Return to “Central Okanagan”